Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Migration Agent - My plug - 1stcontact

Migration Agent - My plug - 1stcontact

Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold
Talking Migration Agent - My plug - 1stcontact

I started the process in July 2005 and today I have had a call to say that my visa has been granted. I used a company called 1st Contact based in London. So if there are any people out there at the beginning of the process and you are living in London/Home counties I would recommend them in capitals. They turned around my skills assessment in 20 days. I had my medical in January and my AOS stuff was only completed at the end of March. They were professional and very supportive and really seem to know what they are doing. Also if they believe that you are not going to get a visa they will not take you on. If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me.

I also want to thank each and everyone of you who had a moan about property. I put mine on the market as soon as I discovered that I was eligible to apply for PR and after reading several posts on this forum and it took six months to sell. I know that it is strongly recommended that you don't do that until your visa is granted but judging by the postings here especially those of you who had to come back to sell I thought to hell with the consequences and now I am really glad that I did.

Good luck to you all - and if you do have friends thinking about using an agent please pass on my tip. I have avoided doing this before in case it might have turned out a tad premature.

Sue
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration Agent - My plug - 1stcontact

Congratulations on your Visa

Wendy
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

suebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to beholdsuebrennan is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: Migration Agent - My plug - 1stcontact

Originally Posted by WendyC
Congratulations on your Visa

Wendy
Thanks Wendy - don't think it has sunk in yet!

Sue
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

kellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond reputekellyjs has a reputation beyond repute

Yay congrats and well done on another positive message
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:32 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Well done on getting your visa
Old Apr 10th 2006, 6:39 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on your visa Sue and on selling the house, where are you off to?
Old Apr 11th 2006, 3:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Migration Agent - My plug - 1stcontact

Originally Posted by possoms
Congrats on your visa Sue and on selling the house, where are you off to?
Thanks everyone. I am still at the Perth/Brisbane debate stage. I will end up tossing a coin. By the way the "house" was a pintsize but cute flat that I knew was going to be difficult to sell so was relieved to get shot of it.

Planning on leaving in about 3 months and will probably head to Brisbane but----.

Possoms - where are you based?

Sue
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:32 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

congratulations sue.

wherever you settle, brisbane or perth, i hope you are very happy there.
xx
Old Apr 11th 2006, 6:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Angela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond reputeAngela Marie has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=suebrennan]

Hi we are using 1st contact as well - and I would recommend them also!!
very professional
angelax
Old Apr 11th 2006, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

richard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud ofrichard-elly has much to be proud of

We got rid of our house early on too. We thought it would take a long time to sell, as it was it was all done in 3 months. We thought even if we did not get into Oz we still needed to move to a bigger house. We ended up renting for 8 months....waste of money I know but as soon as I visa was granted, we were on that plane!!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 9:28 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by suebrennan
Thanks everyone. I am still at the Perth/Brisbane debate stage. I will end up tossing a coin. By the way the "house" was a pintsize but cute flat that I knew was going to be difficult to sell so was relieved to get shot of it.

Planning on leaving in about 3 months and will probably head to Brisbane but----.

Possoms - where are you based?

Sue
Hi

well if you able to have a look round both without committing, then you can decide which you like, either way best of luck

we are in the Peak District, still trying to sell the house, off to Tasmania as soon as we sell