Wikiposts

Migration agent

Old Feb 3rd 2004, 2:46 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Migration Agents

If you want the comfort of knowing you can complain to a third party if your application is not dealt with professionally, that your agent is required to maintain techical competence, and is required to adhere to a Code of Conduct then I would recommend you only use a migration agent that is registered by the relevant authority in Australia.

Have a look on their website:
www.themara.com.au

Click on Register of Agents/Search The Register, click the drill down on Find an Agent Near You, and search for agents by country (type "United Kingdom" into the search box).

So far as I know at least 3 of the firms mentioned above employ no registered migration agents.

Best regards.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Migration Agents

Originally posted by Alan Collett
If you want the comfort of knowing you can complain to a third party if your application is not dealt with professionally, that your agent is required to maintain techical competence, and is required to adhere to a Code of Conduct then I would recommend you only use a migration agent that is registered by the relevant authority in Australia.

Have a look on their website:
www.themara.com.au
Better to use an agent who's been recommended and not need to complain.
(Should stand you in good stead, Alan. )
Old Feb 4th 2004, 4:43 am
WBB

Default Re: Migration agent

Originally posted by Handyandy180
We are looking for a migration expert to assist in our application. we are also looking for quotes. Can anyone (including agents) help with their experiences.
Regards Chris. Good luck to all that are applying.
what type of visa are you applying for?

Old Feb 4th 2004, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by WBB
what type of visa are you applying for?

We are applying for skilled independant. I have received a reply from TRA. Accepting that i am a Carpenter.
Although that side of it was done by myself i am now wondering whether we need a migration agent.
Regards and good luck Chris
Old Feb 4th 2004, 5:26 am
Forum Regular

bored brit is an unknown quantity at this point

We are applying for skilled independant. I have received a reply from TRA. Accepting that i am a Carpenter.
Although that side of it was done by myself i am now wondering whether we need a migration agent.
Regards and good luck Chris
the tra was the hard bit i thought.if you can do that yourself then the application for the visa is a lot easier. i would recommend you do it yourself and spend the money when you get to oz
Old Feb 4th 2004, 5:28 am
WBB

Originally posted by bored brit
the tra was the hard bit i thought.if you can do that yourself then the application for the visa is a lot easier. i would recommend you do it yourself and spend the money when you get to oz
sounds about right, from what i have heard the TRA is much trickier than the main app, put your money aside for a break in the summer.

Old Feb 4th 2004, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

We used Ian Harrop & they were fantastic, they were recommended by someone we knew that had got in. They are registered agents & will offer free advice on whether they think you will get in. If they take you on & you do not get in they will refund your fees - this is of course on the condition that you have told them all!!

We applied for independent skills visa & had the visa 6 weeks later. They are really helpful & if you have any questions they are always there at the end of the phone or contactable by email - very prompt too.

They are based in Burford.

good luck

pockygoes
Old Feb 4th 2004, 5:56 am
Moomin member

peppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nicepeppi is just really nice

HOW MUCH DO MIGRATION AGENTS COST.....!I knew it was a few hundred..but over a 1000 JEEESUS...........!
Old Feb 4th 2004, 7:23 am
Just Joined

canary is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Southern Cross Alliance in Bondi-very helpful all the way! Our visa took about 9 months.-skilled independant.
www.southerncrossalliance.com

Good Luck!
Old Feb 4th 2004, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pockygoes
We used Ian Harrop & they were fantastic, they were recommended by someone we knew that had got in. They are registered agents & will offer free advice on whether they think you will get in. If they take you on & you do not get in they will refund your fees - this is of course on the condition that you have told them all!!

We applied for independent skills visa & had the visa 6 weeks later. They are really helpful & if you have any questions they are always there at the end of the phone or contactable by email - very prompt too.

They are based in Burford.

good luck

pockygoes

Are you serious From start to finish 6 weeks????? What about all the 20 month waiting?
Old Feb 4th 2004, 9:41 am
Just Joined

lynsie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migration agent

Are you serious From start to finish 6 weeks????? What about all the 20 month waiting?
Hi

We first applied in July 03 for a sponse visa, went down the normal channel ie medicals,\ police checks etc for my husband and son. After christmas we were advised by our agent that my birth certificate and passport stating that I was born in Australia wasnt enough evidence of my citizenship. Applied for a citizenship certificate which was £75 and we are still waiting. I contacted my agent on Monday to see if there was any news, but what a surpise she hadnt heard anything. She told me that the embassy are being very strict at the minute and very busy. She also said one of her other clients who is Australian has to go for a medical.

Can anybody help me out on this one never heard this before.

Cheers
Old Feb 4th 2004, 9:47 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

With hindsight, I could have done it myself. But when I started (& before I found this site) the TRA part looked so daunting that I decided to use an agent.

I used Mark Webster of www.hwmigration.com based in Sydney & am very pleased with his service & costs.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 7:18 am
BE Enthusiast

pockygoes will become famous soon enough

Yep - 6 weeks - the agent reckons that it was coming to the end of the qutoa year & they were just picking any straight forward cases out of their trays & getting them issued - in order to meet their target - just to make a change - luck was on our side.

good luck
Old Feb 5th 2004, 7:21 am
WBB

Originally posted by lynsie
She also said one of her other clients who is Australian has to go for a medical.

Can anybody help me out on this one never heard this before.

Cheers

never heard that one either, are you sure?