Migration

Old Sep 23rd 2002, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

ricky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Migration

I'm about to start applying for permanent residency.
However I don't want to wait the 60 weeks quoted by a migration agency I contacted.
I thought IT was fast tracked???
Does anyone know if you can go on a temporary work visa while your waiting for your visa come through?

Thanks,
Ricky
Old Sep 23rd 2002, 10:57 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migration

Hello Ricky.

Yes, you can work in Australia on a 457-employer sponsored visa while a permanent skilled visa application is being processed.

The only issue you have to be aware of is the need to be outside Australia when your permanent visa is ready to be granted. For most this means a trip to Singapore or Auckland for a few days.

And of course you have to find the employer or agency that will be happy to sponsor you.

Happy to discuss all this if you want to contact us - our telephone number is on the Go Matilda website.

Best regards.

Originally posted by ricky:
I'm about to start applying for permanent residency.
However I don't want to wait the 60 weeks quoted by a migration agency I contacted.
I thought IT was fast tracked???
Does anyone know if you can go on a temporary work visa while your waiting for your visa come through?

Thanks,
Ricky
Old Sep 24th 2002, 9:33 am
Jaj

Default Re: Migration

>On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 22:48:52 +0000, ricky wrote:
    >I'm about to start applying for permanent residency.
    >However I don't want to wait the 60 weeks quoted by a migration agency I
    >contacted.
    >I thought IT was fast tracked???

Not any more, it's not.

Jeremy