Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Migrating on a 136 Skilled & question on potential children's allowances ..

Migrating on a 136 Skilled & question on potential children's allowances ..

Old Jan 20th 2005, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about
Default Migrating on a 136 Skilled & question on potential children's allowances ..

Hi! We will be migrating on a 136 Skilled Migration scheme and will bring our 2.5 year and 6 months old children. I've read the "Living and working in Australia" and also gotten other pointers that there may be a possibility of getting children's allowances when moving down there. This is besides the two year wait for potential social security benefits etc.

Have anyone here been down that road? Or anyone that can provide pointers??

Thanks in advance!

/Jørgen
Old Jan 20th 2005, 3:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of
Default Re: Migrating on a 136 Skilled & question on potential children's allowances ..

Originally Posted by jskogsta
Hi! We will be migrating on a 136 Skilled Migration scheme and will bring our 2.5 year and 6 months old children. I've read the "Living and working in Australia" and also gotten other pointers that there may be a possibility of getting children's allowances when moving down there. This is besides the two year wait for potential social security benefits etc.

Thanks in advance!

/Jørgen
As I understand it, there is a child benefit available. I have 2 children, 3 and 2 yrs old. I looked into this and there is a web site. If I find the name I will let you know.
Paul
Old Jan 20th 2005, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

desperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to alldesperate2go is a name known to all
Default Re: Migrating on a 136 Skilled & question on potential children's allowances ..

Originally Posted by jskogsta

Thanks in advance!

/Jørgen
The website you need is familyassist.gov.au
Old Jan 20th 2005, 11:36 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
As I understand it, there is a child benefit available. I have 2 children, 3 and 2 yrs old. I looked into this and there is a web site. If I find the name I will let you know.
Paul

Family Tax Benefit is one of them, http://www.centrelink.gov.au

Jeremy
Old Jan 21st 2005, 1:46 am
Forum Regular

bamboy is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

u will be entitled to family assistance money and if renting you will recieve rent allowance. all u do is estimate for the year what u will be earning and then they calculate how much u r enttiled to. this is a completely different thing than claiming any benefits. this is what u r entitled to as a permnament resident. you can go to the family assistance website for more info. hope this helps. ive been here nearly 2years so if you need any othe info ask away.

cats