Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Migrants to be vetted or banned in Queensland......

Migrants to be vetted or banned in Queensland......

Old Feb 21st 2010, 8:54 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute
Default Migrants to be vetted or banned in Queensland......

Looks like Qld Premier Anna Bligh is off her meds again, or is it she is just off her trolley?

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...18-952,00.html
Old Feb 21st 2010, 9:06 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migrants to be vetted or banned in Queensland......

From reading the article I'm not sure that the plan is wholly without merit and merely enables a priority on state sponsored over independent applicants so the State can address its own shortages.

Of course, whilst this all sounds nice on paper the reality of a rubbish State government running it means its kinda fail before it even starts.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 2:27 am
Banned

Ozwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to allOzwanderer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Looks like Qld Premier Anna Bligh is off her meds again, or is it she is just off her trolley?

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...18-952,00.html
Anna is merely mouthing what the new DIAC priority process is going to be but she needs to understand the State Migration Plans are to be ministerially agreed and I imagine that information like that used now will be a basis.

Figures are figures too and re
Statistics show that net overseas migration is now Queensland's biggest source of population growth, followed by natural increase.

Ms Bligh said that 48 per cent of the state's population growth was due to overseas migration, while 35.5 per cent was due to natural increase and just 16 per cent was due to net interstate migration.

"In the last five years, Queensland's net overseas migration has more than doubled while net interstate migration has almost halved," she said.
I wonder if they include all immigration figures like WHVs or it's just that many Victorians have headed north for a while just to find there's not enough work and returned south to leave the toads and insects up there.
And then as for migration determing industrial development I think she may have forgotten about people being prepared to move to where work is and the 457s.

Edit: And hey Bloke you look a bit Queenlandish the Barnaby way!

Last edited by Ozwanderer; Feb 22nd 2010 at 2:29 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:14 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ozwanderer

Edit: And hey Bloke you look a bit Queenlandish the Barnaby way!
Huh?
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Centurion
From reading the article I'm not sure that the plan is wholly without merit and merely enables a priority on state sponsored over independent applicants so the State can address its own shortages.

Of course, whilst this all sounds nice on paper the reality of a rubbish State government running it means its kinda fail before it even starts.
Personally I can't see how it can be workable, but then again, I've totally given up on Captain Botox's ability and the ability of the kindergarten crowd to run this state. I'd like to see them tell someone from interstate that they can't move to Qld.
The only thing she seems to do is go out of her way to spend, no waste, billions of dollars and put people offside. At least it keeps her in the news.
BTW, saw here picking up the token pieces of litter in the Cleanup Australia campaign in a skirt, coat, blouse and highheels..... What a load of crock(almost as bad as the stunt by Tony Abbott when his car almost got collected by the semi...captured by convieniently placed tv crew.)

Last edited by The Bloke; Feb 22nd 2010 at 7:22 am.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:22 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I can't see how it can be workable, but then again, I've totally given up on Captain Botox's ability and the ability of the kindergarten crowd to run this state. I'd like to see them tell someone from interstate that they can't move to Qld.
The only thing she seems to do is go out of her way to spend, no waste, billions of dollars and put people offside. At least it keeps her in the news.
BTW, saw here picking up the token pieces of litter in the Cleanup Australia campaign in a skirt, coat, blouse and highheels..... What a load of crock(almost as bad as the stunt by Tony Abbott when his car almost got collected by the semi...captured by convieniently placed tv crew.)
I agree. Its only because she knows that she's possibly the most hated woman in Queensland and the immigrant card is an easy one to play. Shame we're stuck with the lying Premier for a while longer really
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:51 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Shame we're stuck with the lying Premier for a while longer really
Everyone else has one, why should we be special?
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Everyone else has one, why should we be special?
That had me chuckling and yet so very very true.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 10:30 am

That had me chuckling and yet so very very true.
Moneypen for Premier??????
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 10:41 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Moneypen for Premier??????
Over.

My.

Dead.

Body.

Only true psychopaths want such a job however good their intentions when they start on the ladder.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 11:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond reputefish.01 has a reputation beyond repute

On her worst day she is better than the national party harbouring too big a slice of bigots and fools. If only we had a better opposition to keep labor honest - the opposition have let this state down badly.
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by fish.01
On her worst day she is better than the national party harbouring too big a slice of bigots and fools. If only we had a better opposition to keep labor honest - the opposition have let this state down badly.

Reminds me of the 70's and 80's when the Nationals were in power, the ALP oppositon was so weak it was a joke, and the gov't had the electrol boundries redrawn every so often to keep in power (sounds familiar).
The only reason that there was a change, was when Chris Masters (4 Corners current affair reporter), then Tony Fitzgerald QC, blew the lid on the corruption that was rife in Qld. Apart from the faces, nothing much has changed in 20 years...
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond reputechrisfromusa has a reputation beyond repute

From how I interpreted the article, it sounds like Qld wants to do something similar the Canadian provinces do and have a Provincial Nominee Program. Leats that's what my take on the article is
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by chrisfromusa
From how I interpreted the article, it sounds like Qld wants to do something similar the Canadian provinces do and have a Provincial Nominee Program. Leats that's what my take on the article is
I thought DIMA, through the Federal gov't already had that. She has also mentioned, in past media briefs about the large volume of southern (NSW, Vic etc) Australian relocating here and putting a strain on the infrastructure. It is easier, and cheaper, to discourage people from coming here, than to spend billions on new infrastructure (that should have been fixed years ago).
Old Feb 22nd 2010, 10:09 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

I thought DIMA, through the Federal gov't already had that. She has also mentioned, in past media briefs about the large volume of southern (NSW, Vic etc) Australian relocating here and putting a strain on the infrastructure. It is easier, and cheaper, to discourage people from coming here, than to spend billions on new infrastructure (that should have been fixed years ago).
They cannot stop Australian citizens and permanent residents from elsewhere in the country relocating to Queensland. However, in the future there is going to be a lot less independent skilled migration and hence states and employers will have a lot more influence over the skilled intake.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.