Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Migrant baggage allowance with Emirates??

Migrant baggage allowance with Emirates??

Old Aug 30th 2005, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

Rockville is on a distinguished road
Default Migrant baggage allowance with Emirates??

Hi everyone,
Am set to fly to Sydney from Manchester with Emirates on Monday and am just checking about the allowance you can take.
Heard on this forum it is doubled to 40kg each if you are emmigrating and this was confirmed when I booked but have never had anything in writing. Has anyone had experience of this or has anyone turned up and the check in staff not known what you were taking about??
Any help gratefully appreciated.
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:17 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migrant baggage allowance with Emirates??

Originally Posted by Rockville
Hi everyone,
Am set to fly to Sydney from Manchester with Emirates on Monday and am just checking about the allowance you can take.
Heard on this forum it is doubled to 40kg each if you are emmigrating and this was confirmed when I booked but have never had anything in writing. Has anyone had experience of this or has anyone turned up and the check in staff not known what you were taking about??
contact emirates themselves. they have a call centre near manchester airport. you will need something in writing from them to be on the safe side. i wouldnt turn up at man airport with 40kg each without emirates okaying it in writing....
Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:33 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migrant baggage allowance with Emirates??

Originally Posted by Rockville
Hi everyone,
It should be printed on your ticket. If not, get on to Emirates sharpish and make sure it's on their system.

When we flew over here, the woman on check-in added up the weight of our 3 cases on her pad and somehow 27Kg + 25Kg + 30Kg = <80Kg to her. I did not complain