Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Migrant Baggage Allowance

Migrant Baggage Allowance

Old Feb 10th 2006, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Migrant Baggage Allowance

A real stinker this one.

Emirates have allowed us 40k each on our flight to Oz as we are migrating.

However, living on the Isle of Man we have to get a connecting flight to Manchester first. We have booked with Air Aaron and they will not allow more than 20k per person. What a waste of time having the 40k allowance if we can’t get 40k to Manchester!

That’s my whinge for the day over.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 4:51 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Migrant Baggage Allowance

Originally Posted by manxfamily
A real stinker this one.

However, living on the Isle of Man we have to get a connecting flight to Manchester first. We have booked with Air Aaron and they will not allow more than 20k per person. What a waste of time having the 40k allowance if we can’t get 40k to Manchester!

Why don't you send your other luggage to Manchester Airport seperatley, for you to collect to check-in to your Aussie Flight?

I had a look on the BA Cargo website & they offer unaccompanied bagage to Manchester Airport from IOM...... http://www.baworldcargo.com/products/bags.shtml
Old Feb 10th 2006, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Why don't you send your other luggage to Manchester Airport seperatley, for you to collect to check-in to your Aussie Flight?

I had a look on the BA Cargo website & they offer unaccompanied bagage to Manchester Airport from IOM...... http://www.baworldcargo.com/products/bags.shtml

Good idea Ill look into it.
Old Feb 10th 2006, 5:50 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea Ill look into it.

She is a star that woman int she !!!
J xx
Old Feb 10th 2006, 6:17 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jane and Russ Middleton
She is a star that woman int she !!!
J xx
lol
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

LouLou_07 is an unknown quantity at this point

A real stinker this one.

Oh dear!
I'm in a similar position, stuck with only 20kgs each from London to Melbourne. Was happy to hear that Cathay Pacific whom my partner and I are flying with also allow extra baggage if you are migrating.
The problem?....I booked the cheapest airfare without reading the small print first (D'oh, silly me!) and the discounted fare does not allow any extra benfits!

Oh well...no worries! The flights were very cheap though (only £350) and I'll get my bits and bobs there somehow! Just happy to be going!

Hope you have a safe trip!
Old Feb 13th 2006, 3:48 pm
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouLou_07
Oh dear!
I'm in a similar position, stuck with only 20kgs each from London to Melbourne. Was happy to hear that Cathay Pacific whom my partner and I are flying with also allow extra baggage if you are migrating.
The problem?....I booked the cheapest airfare without reading the small print first (D'oh, silly me!) and the discounted fare does not allow any extra benfits!

Oh well...no worries! The flights were very cheap though (only £350) and I'll get my bits and bobs there somehow! Just happy to be going!

Hi.

If you bought through a cheap online reseller (or similar) try phoning the airline directly and making your request. I was told a complete load of twaddle by a lady at Austravel when I booked our seats to Sydney last year. When I phoned Cathay directly they completely dispelled the stuff that Austravel had told us. When I phoned Austravel back to explain she told me that ALL of the staff that I spoke to at Cathay (yes, the airline itself) had got the facts wrong..FFS. It turned out (surprise, surprise) that Austravel had got their facts completely wrong (it concerned basinette allocation and procedure).

It is possible that talking to the airline directly will get you results.
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:48 pm
jocky boy 'JOHN' DOC'

jocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant futurejocky boy has a brilliant future

A real stinker this one.

Hi

Just read your thread.
We are moving over in May
Booked our flights (about 2 months ago) so phone up expedia.co.uk to see about baggage allowance which was 20k.
When we told them that we where emigrating to Australia she phoned up Emirates to ask the baggage allowance.

Great news 40k baggage and 7k hand luggage.

Now she is changing our tickets to say that we are emigrating.
So print them off when they comes through later.

So cheers to you
Thanks for the thread

Beth
Old Feb 13th 2006, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all

Originally Posted by LouLou_07
Oh dear!

I think it would be a great idea to phone airline.
Its worth a try.
If you are emigrating you will probably get the 40k.
Dont think the price of flight will have anything to do with it.
Our flights from Glasgow to Perth where only £430

Beth
Old Feb 13th 2006, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by zbettyboop
I think it would be a great idea to phone airline.
Its worth a try.
If you are emigrating you will probably get the 40k.
Dont think the price of flight will have anything to do with it.
Our flights from Glasgow to Perth where only £430

Beth
We booked with Ebookers and they were great at sorting out our Emirates 40K (even if we dont get to use it!) We supplied copies of visas to them and they forwarded to Emirates and then processed the tickets. spot on