Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

migrant airfares

migrant airfares

Old May 17th 2006, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

molesey will become famous soon enough
Default migrant airfares

Does anyone know if there are migrant one way airfares? I have looked on the net for prices of airfares and they all seem pretty expensive, do they do any special deals for people migrating to OZ.
Please Help!!!!
Molesey
Old May 17th 2006, 8:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: migrant airfares

If you are looking to fly in July or December they will be expensive as it is school holidays.

Originally Posted by molesey
Does anyone know if there are migrant one way airfares? I have looked on the net for prices of airfares and they all seem pretty expensive, do they do any special deals for people migrating to OZ.
Please Help!!!!
Molesey
Old May 17th 2006, 8:54 pm
Sunning it up in Benowa

Location: Body in benowa, Mind in Benowa, the whole fricking thing in benowa MAN !!!!!
Jane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond reputeJane and Russ Middleton has a reputation beyond repute

Please Help!!!!
Molesey

Hi
The cheapest flights I found are on www.ebookers.co.uk
Good Luck
Jane
xx
Old May 17th 2006, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

sean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nicesean trethewey is just really nice

Please Help!!!!
Molesey
Try this I found it good http://www.airline-network.co.uk/index.asp
Old May 17th 2006, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Please Help!!!!
Molesey

Phone Qantas direct and they will give you a price for a migrant (one-way) flight. We flew over in December last year and it cost us about GBP750 each, which was a good price for December but also gave us 40kg allowance each.

Hazel
Old May 18th 2006, 1:53 am
Forum Regular

5teve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kevhaze
Phone Qantas direct and they will give you a price for a migrant (one-way) flight. We flew over in December last year and it cost us about GBP750 each, which was a good price for December but also gave us 40kg allowance each.

Hazel

i use oztravel in the UK... but they are return flights.. last flight was 615 quid... could of got one for 538 tho... its just they wouldnt carry my pushbike!

if you get the right operator at oz travel they are fantastic.. prices i have found also are unbeatable! but again depends on the time of year as already said!

Thanks

Steve
Old May 18th 2006, 5:48 am
brown eyes!

pete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of lightpete jackson is a glorious beacon of light

Please Help!!!!
Molesey

I was told by a friend that singapore airlines are good and they do extra baggage for moving to OZ, We are thinking about using them when we go to brissy later this year. There was a thread on this forum about 2 weeks ago somewhere!! and someone was saying they had problems when changing planes half way through, they said that they had to pay for the extra baggage even though at the start of the flight it was ok?!! They recommended that whatever airline you use to get it in black and white before you travel that the 40KG baggage is allowed. Hope this helps you a little
Pete.
Old May 18th 2006, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

CheekyPint is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Travel Bag and they found us one-way flights on special offer with Malaysian for £299 + taxes. Absolute bargain, and a good carrier. No extra baggage allowance though. I suggest you phone as there are often special offers with "must book and pay now" type conditions.
Old May 18th 2006, 5:09 pm
I am not the Messiah!

Carruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of lightCarruss is a glorious beacon of light
Wink Re: migrant airfares

We are thinking of using Cathay Pacific as we are going to Cairns and its only two flights this way. Stopping in Hong Kong for a few hours!

I have checked on their website and the prices are the same whatever time you go so far. We said about going in August and everyone said its too expensive because of the school holidays in this country. I put in dates for now, the beginning of July, Mid August and some dates in September and they all came out the same.

It worked out at £2260.00 for three adults and two child places which we think is good as it is only two flights. Having to do three with three kids would be hell ! ! !

Not to mention having to make conversation with the wife for that amount of time too!

I did check the price again a few days later and it had gone down a coule of quid due to exchange rates. So we are chacking every couple of days now but it looks like we will be booking the 18th August. Leave here on Friday and get there on Sunday!

R.
Old May 18th 2006, 5:49 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

We have booked our flights with Travel Nation www.travelnation.co.uk

They were rec'd to us by GSB & Scissors who also used them last year. What can I say? Fantastic service!

We have paid £1390 for 2 adults, 1 child & 1 infant Manchester to Brisbane with Singapore Airlines.

Claire
x
Old May 18th 2006, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
We have booked our flights with Travel Nation www.travelnation.co.uk

They were rec'd to us by GSB & Scissors who also used them last year. What can I say? Fantastic service!

We have paid £1390 for 2 adults, 1 child & 1 infant Manchester to Brisbane with Singapore Airlines.

Claire
x
Did you ring them Claire or book online. Just looked and from Manchester to Adelaide it's quoted me £4527 for 3 adults and 1 child in economy :scared:
Old May 18th 2006, 6:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Alison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond reputeAlison1967 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pete jackson
I was told by a friend that singapore airlines are good and they do extra baggage for moving to OZ, We are thinking about using them when we go to brissy later this year. There was a thread on this forum about 2 weeks ago somewhere!! and someone was saying they had problems when changing planes half way through, they said that they had to pay for the extra baggage even though at the start of the flight it was ok?!! They recommended that whatever airline you use to get it in black and white before you travel that the 40KG baggage is allowed. Hope this helps you a little
Pete.
I booked my one way flight to Adleaide with Travelbag and they agreed i could have 40kg but the ticket came with 20kgs on it. Rang singapore airlines at Manchester Airport today and they refused to give me a letter about the allowance. they said as long as i have the unstamped permanent visa in my passport they will give me the 40kg allowance.

Told him i was worried about someone having to pay the excess in singapore and he said they have addressed that issue with singapore airport and won't be any probs in singapore.

He also said the bags will automatically be checked through to the destination airport so i check in at manchester and collect my bags at adelaide.

Ali