Migrant Agents

Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:13 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Migrant Agents

Originally posted by Karen Thompson
Could someone advise which is best to have an agent here (UK) or one in Oz. Also, could someone recommend a good one, as we tried contacting one last week and are still awaiting a reply?

Thank you in advance.
The location is irrelevant. It is the experience in handling applicants from the UK and your background that matter. Make sure the agent is registered with www.themara.com.au where you will also find lists of agents.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 7:58 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think its necessarily irrelevant from a practical perspective bondi ... if you want to speak with your agent it can help to have your agent in the same (or similar) time zone.

I agree with the desirability of the appointed agent being MARA-registered though.

Best regards.

Originally posted by bondipom
The location is irrelevant. It is the experience in handling applicants from the UK and your background that matter. Make sure the agent is registered with www.themara.com.au where you will also find lists of agents.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

ayanem is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by bondipom
Make sure the agent is registered with www.themara.com.au where you will also find lists of agents.
In reality all MARA provides is a method of complaining should your agent not come up to scratch. Far better to use an agent who's been recommended.
Old Jan 13th 2004, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

S Oldfield is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CROSSY
The only stress has been caused by my lack of patience my wife tells me i'm the most impatient body on the face of the earth(i'm sure Alan would agree )

And I must come close as a runner up......One thing that really winds me up is when someone tells you to be patient.............if that was possible I wouldnt be inpatient now would I?
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

Moonstar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Andy Pandy
Hi Karen,
Our application was not simple,so we decided to use an agent and after lots of research we used an agent based in Sydney. As we are based in Spain we did this all via the internet, we are a family of six and the total cost came to 2,200 Aus dollars. The service was fantastic, contact details are as follows....
website www.paulcutler.com.au

email [email protected]

All the best
The Williams Family
Thank you will have a look at your recommendation as well.

Regards.

karen
Old Jan 13th 2004, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Moonstar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Alan Collett
I don't think its necessarily irrelevant from a practical perspective bondi ... if you want to speak with your agent it can help to have your agent in the same (or similar) time zone.

I agree with the desirability of the appointed agent being MARA-registered though.

Best regards.
Hi Alan

On the recommendation of the posts on here both Hubby and I will be sitting down tonight to compose our email to you - I hope you will be able to help us.

Regards.

Karen
Old Jan 13th 2004, 2:00 pm
visa'd member oh yeah!

CROSSY is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE]Originally posted by S Oldfield
Originally posted by CROSSY
The only stress has been caused by my lack of patience my wife tells me i'm the most impatient body on the face of the earth(i'm sure Alan would agree )

And I must come close as a runner up......One thing that really winds me up is when someone tells you to be patient.............if that was possible I wouldnt be inpatient now would I?
If i wanted it tommorrow or next week, i would ask for it tommorrow or next week!!! I asked for it today because i want it today!!
Just about sums me up
Old Jan 13th 2004, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

piglit is an unknown quantity at this point

I used OE Visas and found them excellent, my consultant got our visas for us in around 4 months. Tony Coates was my consultants name.