Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Mighty, Mighty Springboks

Mighty, Mighty Springboks

Old Aug 20th 2005, 11:01 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Mighty, Mighty Springboks

Did anyone go & watch the Bokke whack the Wally-bies in Subiaco last night?. Not the best of games & the Wally-bies played well, but in the end the Bokke were just too good for them. The crowd of over 43000 was the largest for any code of football (including the alleged 'sports' of AFL & rugby league, WA knows what a decent a sport is).

Bring on the Kiwis again! .
Old Aug 20th 2005, 11:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mighty, Mighty Springboks

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Did anyone go & watch the Bokke whack the Wally-bies in Subiaco last night?. Not the best of games & the Wally-bies played well, but in the end the Bokke were just too good for them. The crowd of over 43000 was the largest for any code of football (including the alleged 'sports' of AFL & rugby league, WA knows what a decent a sport is).

Lol, nah I was watching reruns of our female swimmers in the world championships.

that may change the issue hopefully
Old Aug 21st 2005, 9:56 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Lol, nah I was watching reruns of our female swimmers in the world championships.

LMFAO, you have to give the BOERKE. A, for effort even though no one cares....................... mm
Old Aug 21st 2005, 10:14 am
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by mr mover
LMFAO, you have to give the BOERKE. A, for effort even though no one cares....................... mm
BOERKE?
Old Aug 21st 2005, 12:57 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Need a ****ing translater around here. You're saying that the South African rugby team beat the Australian rugby team?

Wow.

Just.....

.... wow.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 5:49 pm
Forum Regular

Teri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the roughTeri is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Houdini
BOERKE?
I think he means Boerkie. "Boer" is a farmer in Afrikaanse, and the "kie" part is just added on like "girly" or "kiddie".

i.e. the original poster is a typical South African afrikaanse farmer type ...

or at least I think that is what he means
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:32 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle

I can see the appeal of that.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:35 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by mr mover
Hey Hard Yards, my ocker (bogan?) friend, for someone who spent time in SA your Afrikaans is crap. Try Boerkie.

Fact: Wally-bies are sh*te.
Fact: AFL is sh*te.
Old Aug 21st 2005, 7:37 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by Teri
i.e. the original poster is a typical South African afrikaanse farmer type ...
I'm far from it...
Old Aug 21st 2005, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

bruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to allbruce67 is a name known to all
Talking Re: Mighty, Mighty Springboks

Originally Posted by Hutch
Need a ****ing translater around here. You're saying that the South African rugby team beat the Australian rugby team?

Wow.

Just.....

.... wow.
No you are mistaken the bokke have now beaten the aussies 3 times in a couple of weeks, GO BOKKE!
Cannot wait for the Kiwis next week. have had a braai(BBQ) and a few Castles to celebrate tonight

bruce
Old Aug 21st 2005, 11:28 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by bruce67
No you are mistaken the bokke have now beaten the aussies 3 times in a couple of weeks, GO BOKKE!
Cannot wait for the Kiwis next week. have had a braai(BBQ) and a few Castles to celebrate tonight

bruce
The Bokke own the Wally-bies now. Bring on the sheepsha*ggers!.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 12:04 am
Badge

I'm looking forward to the Kiwi game next week. Go the Boks! Lets see them win their 3rd 3N by winning away.

PS Isn't that winger just plain class? Looks faster than he is, quick acceleration though.

Badge

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 1:28 am
Living in Perthection

steve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond reputesteve99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu

Yes I went to the game, what a shocker, probably the most underserved win ive ever seen.
As usual SA were offside for the whole game, the Ref must of had concussion or something as the decisions he was giving were just bizzare.
The game had no real flow at all in the first half, a very lucky break away try was about the only thing of note, the second half was better, Australia dominated and eventually took a deserved lead, SA defence was pretty strong but Australia should of managed to break through it or at least picked up some penalty/drop goal points.
Then there was another lucky break by SA when under pressure and that was that.
A realistic score should of been about 22-12 to the Aussies.
Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:21 am
Badge

Originally Posted by steve99
Yes I went to the game, what a shocker, probably the most underserved win ive ever seen.
As usual SA were offside for the whole game, the Ref must of had concussion or something as the decisions he was giving were just bizzare.
The game had no real flow at all in the first half, a very lucky break away try was about the only thing of note, the second half was better, Australia dominated and eventually took a deserved lead, SA defence was pretty strong but Australia should of managed to break through it or at least picked up some penalty/drop goal points.
Then there was another lucky break by SA when under pressure and that was that.
A realistic score should of been about 22-12 to the Aussies.
I wasn't watching too closely so couldn't call the offside. It might have been a different story if the Aussies had had some of their established players. But it appears that like England, Australia doesn't have the strength in depth they would like to have. I just don't want the Kiwis winning(!)

B

Old Aug 22nd 2005, 6:40 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

I personally think the ref had a poor game.....but I wasn't 'there' so only have what they showed on TV to go by. BUT....I don't think he favoured one side or the other he made poor decisions that affected both sides about equally.

Just the way the Boks defended and defended and kept on defended showed that they did in fact 'deserve' the win. This week there were no intercept tries and yet the detractors still whinge on. The Boks of 2/3 years ago would have completely bungled both chances of the 80m efforts of Habana so it GREAT to see them actually using a bit of ingenuity and having the skills and confidence to pull it off.

The Wobblies DESERVED to lose....and they DESERVE to lose the Ashes too!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.