Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Midwifery Registration

Midwifery Registration

Old May 25th 2010, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

jomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nice
Default Midwifery Registration

Hi All
Well passed the IELST after failing first time ;-( wasted six months in the process. Now ready to register but see that they are launching a new national registration body as well as awaiting results of immigration and points change in July 2010. Can I still apply to QND or do I have to wait until July 2010 to register. Will I still need anmc approval ?????

Confused.com

Thanks in advance

Jo x
Old May 25th 2010, 5:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Midwifery Registration

For a new registration, I doubt if it makes any difference if you apply now or after July 1st tbh!
If you are not ready to move, don't waste your money!
Old May 25th 2010, 6:45 pm
Forum Regular

jomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nicejomac1290 is just really nice

Well it wastes 6 weeks delay so would rather start now tbh as long as I dont have to pay twice
Jo x
Old May 25th 2010, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

It may cheaper to do it now. We will be having a significant price increase in QLD under the new scheme.

You may not get it processed in time though at this stage as they are hugely busy at this time of year.
Old May 26th 2010, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
It may cheaper to do it now. We will be having a significant price increase in QLD under the new scheme.

You may not get it processed in time though at this stage as they are hugely busy at this time of year.
Hi Sally
I received this response from QNC you should be aware that processing times are currently standing at approximately 2 months for initial assessment from the date of receipt of the application. On 30 June 2010 Queensland Nursing Council will cease to exist and the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) will be responsible for the regulation of nurses and midwives in Australia from 1 July 2010.

You may wish to wait until AHPRA commences before making application for licensure in Australia. AHPRA processes have not yet been developed so we cannot provide you with any information regarding making application to that organization. Any information that may be available can be found at www.ahpra.gov.au.

What I want to know is if they are ceasing to accept applications. Or if they will process all applications received before 30th June . Still confused by the change over !
Jo x
Old May 26th 2010, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jo, I will ask at work today as one of my colleagues went to a meeting about it all last week, so she may have some info!
Old May 27th 2010, 2:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OK, discussed this at work today & the concensus was that you should wait.
Apparently QLD nurses have been told that if they apply late & don't get processed by end of June, they are in trouble.
Knowing the QNC, you wouldn't get your money back either!
They are still deciding requirements for midwifery reg but it should be out by July 1st. Consultation on the proposal closed on May 17th.
I know it is frustrating, but reckon you will be better off waiting & hopefully will get processed quite quickly at the start of it all!
Old May 27th 2010, 4:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
OK, discussed this at work today & the concensus was that you should wait.
Apparently QLD nurses have been told that if they apply late & don't get processed by end of June, they are in trouble.
Knowing the QNC, you wouldn't get your money back either!
They are still deciding requirements for midwifery reg but it should be out by July 1st. Consultation on the proposal closed on May 17th.
I know it is frustrating, but reckon you will be better off waiting & hopefully will get processed quite quickly at the start of it all!
Thanks Sally you are probably right, wish I had resat the ielts sooner now but after failing in Nov and being English I threw my dummy out the pram in frustration and that has cost me time . Will await July 1st eagerly
Thanks Again

Jo x