Midwifery

Old Feb 1st 2012, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Tweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to allTweenies is a name known to all
Default Re: Midwifery

Hi,
I am just going into my second year of Nursing at Griffith Uni. I am a permanent resident so i pay domestic rates but my friends who are Citizens have a HECS loan (only available to citizens).

In my first year i paid just over $2500 each semester (there are two semester's in each year) which have to paid up front by a certain cenus date ( which was a month after starting each semester). However this semester the fees i am due to pay by march is $3100 which i was slightly surprised by as i have one less subject to do as we go on placement at the end of March.

Hope this info helps!
Old Feb 6th 2012, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

lcgeordie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,

What qualifications do you need to study nursing/midwifery in australia?

Thanks
Lynsey
Old Feb 6th 2012, 10:16 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

You don't need any qualifications to study midwifery here. You have to sit a STAT test which is a multiple choice english/maths/logic exam and use the results of that as your entry grade. If you have no high school qualifications at all it could be worth doing a TAFE course or something first though to strengthen your application, or you can often pay the university direct to study an individual unit to prove that you can achieve a decent grade at a tertiary level.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

Caddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really niceCaddy the cat lover is just really nice

Originally Posted by brissybee
Please excuse a brief subject detour... since this is a thread for midwives... can anyone please tell me why adrenaline is used during an emergency caesarian? Many years have passed since mine (so not a legal issue) but when I asked obstetricians office recently they said they had no record of it being used... and I distinctly remember them asking for it during the proceedure.
They often use it at the wound edges to cause vasoconstriction and stop bleeding. Lignocaine is also used xx