Reload this Page >

midwife hopefully moving to melbourne needs help

midwife hopefully moving to melbourne needs help

Old Sep 16th 2012, 10:31 am
Just Joined

glasgowmidwife is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face midwife hopefully moving to melbourne needs help

Hi,
Theres been a lot of chat saying people shouldn't really use agencies to obtain nursing/midwifery jobs and to try and get a job direct from a hospital. Why is this? Are agencies bad? Any that are better than others? Any maternity hospitals I should stay away from? Any people recommend to work in?

Any opinions about private and public maternity? There are only two maternity hospitals in Glasgow, feels like far too much choice in Melbourne and I'm having difficulty deciding.

A very confused midwife needing advice.
Old Sep 17th 2012, 9:10 pm
Forum Regular

carzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud ofcarzinoz has much to be proud of
Default Re: midwife hopefully moving to melbourne needs help

Hiya,

I don't really know anything about your specific situation but in general I'd say, secure a job, any job, get over here, see if you like it then start thinking about where your might like to work/live in Australia long term. Don't get bogged down at this stage because it takes a lot of energy to get the visa and organise the whole thing.

Good Luck!
Old Sep 18th 2012, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

manwinoname is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: midwife hopefully moving to melbourne needs help

My O.H. is a midwife and we moved over from Kilmarnock in May 2008 , initially on a 457 visa, which was sponsored by Frankston Hospital, who at that time were heavily recruiting from the UK. She underwent a telephone interview & the offer came after her qualifications & references came through. Subsequently became permanent residents & last month did my citizenship test and my O.H. is still working, albeit part-time now, at Frankston, which she reckoned was way better than Crosshouse Maternity ) If you want any more info fire away on this page or send me a P.M.
Regards,
Steve