Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Midwife - any vacancies in Melbourne suburbs??

Midwife - any vacancies in Melbourne suburbs??

Old Apr 23rd 2012, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

Midwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really nice
Default Midwife - any vacancies in Melbourne suburbs??

Hi,

I am a direct entry midwife with 3 years experience, looking for work and 457 visa sponsorship in Melbourne/suburbs, preferably within the public healthcare system which is proving difficult - I have emailed hospitals directly but vacancies seem non existant and I have registered on various websites, Agencies are encouraging me to accept the private healthcare setting as a good opportunity but I really would like to retain some autonomy and realise this will be difficult in the Private system - If you know of any vacancies please let me know.

Many Thanks
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 11:49 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Midwife - any vacancies in Melbourne suburbs??

Originally Posted by Midwife99
Hi,

I am a direct entry midwife with 3 years experience, looking for work and 457 visa sponsorship in Melbourne/suburbs, preferably within the public healthcare system which is proving difficult - I have emailed hospitals directly but vacancies seem non existant and I have registered on various websites, Agencies are encouraging me to accept the private healthcare setting as a good opportunity but I really would like to retain some autonomy and realise this will be difficult in the Private system - If you know of any vacancies please let me know.

Many Thanks
Isn't midwife on the skills in demand list - meaning you could get a visa without sponsorship?

BB
Old Apr 24th 2012, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Midwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really niceMidwife99 is just really nice
Default Re: Midwife - any vacancies in Melbourne suburbs??

Yes it is but we are looking for a quicker route out to Oz with less costs initially such as 457, with a view to applying for alternative visa if we like it.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 1:03 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it is but we are looking for a quicker route out to Oz with less costs initially such as 457, with a view to applying for alternative visa if we like it.
mmm... so long as you understand the restrictions around a 457. Most people would say if you are able to get PR you should get it.

BB
Old Apr 24th 2012, 1:19 pm
Just Joined

Yes I am fully aware of the restrictions as I have colleagues who have done the same. Many Thanks
Old Apr 24th 2012, 10:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Petals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond reputePetals has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Many Thanks
I think I answered you yesterday and it seemed to me that they are not recruiting in the public system at present and that may be because we have a budget to be brought down in May from the State Government and hospitals will be waiting to see how much money they will have for the next financial year. Usually liberal governments cut staff rather than increasing it despite what they say when wanting elected.

I think private would be the only way to get sponsorship, cannot see public having to sponsor because so many nurses and midwives are coming from overseas on other visas.

Good luck perhaps look at other States if you want sponsorship.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 5:56 am
Just Joined

FerrariFan86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Midwife99. In Australia, the best way to secure employment is through recruitment agencies. Now granted, not many have the resources to secure overseas-sponsoring employment.
However, I know of 2 such agencies in Melbourne that can do just that. I know this for a fact because I found my job through them.

One is Vital Health: http://www.vital.jobs/
The other is: http://austmigrate.com.au/

Both specialize in the process of recruiting nurses and midwives. Neither, however, will charge you a fee for using their services.

Hope this helps!
Old Apr 25th 2012, 4:59 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone work for The Epworth if so what are they like as an employer? and midwifery practice?
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:38 am
Banned

aliciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nice

I've heard good things about that hospital. That they offer really good perks and have great facilities!!
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:42 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone work for The Epworth if so what are they like as an employer? and midwifery practice?
I worked in the Epworth in richmond,not as a midwife , but in the operating theatre , it was the worst job and experience of my 30 years in nursing. I lasted 5 months and was beating myself up that i couldnt give it longer (i have never left a job so quickly and thought it a fault in my part), however nearly 4 years later , I can honestly say it was the best decision i ever made. Thank god i came on p.r and not a 457, so was able to move to another job easily.

Petals is spot on with her comments, i work in a public hosp and its tough just now as peeps leaving and not getting replaced, I think you may have to go down the private route.

Last edited by Margaret3; Apr 26th 2012 at 9:48 am.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:44 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by aliciaf
I've heard good things about that hospital. That they offer really good perks and have great facilities!!
yes, they would have to , to get staff to work there.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:48 am
Banned

aliciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nicealiciaf is just really nice

What was so terrible about it?

My friend who has done a bit of temp work there and was offered a contract recently with sponsorship. She's a theatre nurse as well! She said she loves it there, she likes the team that she's met so far, she likes the location and is really enjoying her experience there.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 9:54 am
Banned

I just whatsapped her (lol spending far too much time in the cyber world I think). She's at Epworth Freemasons. She said the standard of the units are fantastic! She said the midwifery unit is massive and has loads of delivery suites as well as private rooms. She rated it highly.
Old Apr 26th 2012, 10:01 am
Account Closed

as I said it was Epworth, Richmond, just my personal experience , of course, everyone is different, but i even shudder when i pass it now
Old Apr 26th 2012, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aliciaf
I just whatsapped her (lol spending far too much time in the cyber world I think). She's at Epworth Freemasons. She said the standard of the units are fantastic! She said the midwifery unit is massive and has loads of delivery suites as well as private rooms. She rated it highly.
Epworth Freemasons is different location to Epworth Richmond

They still fall under the same private group

Worker beware

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.