Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Microchip for dog to Oz

Microchip for dog to Oz

Old Sep 9th 2007, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Microchip for dog to Oz

Hi all,

could anyone just put my mind at rest and let me know if their dog has got into Oz with an 'identichip' microchip? The vet I took her to assures me they have sent dogs to Oz with that type of chip, but as it isn't one of the make names listed I am just panicking a little.
Thanks
Old Sep 9th 2007, 8:29 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Microchip for dog to Oz

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Hi all,

could anyone just put my mind at rest and let me know if their dog has got into Oz with an 'identichip' microchip? The vet I took her to assures me they have sent dogs to Oz with that type of chip, but as it isn't one of the make names listed I am just panicking a little.
Thanks
Pretty sure ours were... I think all the chips only use one of two different electronic 'bits' that the scanner sees... I phoned the manufacturer of ours to find out which one it was, might be worth doing... Was a year ago now so can't remember, sorry...

HTH
Old Sep 9th 2007, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, there are a few different chips, I work with a couple of the ones listed, but as I work in a private sector I couldn't steal one (I was tempted). The one pets at home vets use seems to be more of a 'vet' chip. On doing a bit of googling it looks like they are used in Oz too, just under a different name. And a couple of sites from googling mention sending animals to Oz with those chips, so looks like it will be fine.
Thanks again
Old Sep 10th 2007, 12:05 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pumpkin blossom
Hi all,

Thanks
If it is a Virbac Backhome Identichip then both my cat and dog have these and arrived safe and sound with no problems.

If you have any doubt you can get the number of the company from your vet and they will tell you if the chip is ISO compatible, which it should be.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 2:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sel
If it is a Virbac Backhome Identichip then both my cat and dog have these and arrived safe and sound with no problems.

If you have any doubt you can get the number of the company from your vet and they will tell you if the chip is ISO compatible, which it should be.
one of mine has an identichip and no problems it is picked up on the aussie dog scanners fine
Old Sep 10th 2007, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

zbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to allzbettyboop is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: Microchip for dog to Oz

Hi
I have the same one and its fine.When i came over i went on to the internet and changed there address.I think its world wide .