Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Met a lady today............

Met a lady today............

Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:45 pm
Go Banana's !!

Default Met a lady today............

Sat at my daughters gymnastics lesson, got talking to a lady who has lived in Brisbane for two years, came back, then went back then came back to UK
She had over heard me telling yet another unfortunate sole, who looked vaguely interested, the 'we are emigrating' story ........

She joined in the conversation, said she was very jealous of us and that coming back to the UK was the biggest mistake of her life, she got quite tearful at one point. Said she had missed her Mum 'cos at the time she had one baby and a toddler, but had wished she had stuck it out and was very annoyed at herself.

She is a midwife and her husband a senior doctor.

They are thinking about going back again but feel the children may be at sensitive ages 6 and 9.

Not sure why I needed to post this but felt it may be a point open for dicussion.

I won't get offended if I don't get any replies (like some on here), I'm used to being a bit of a thread killer

If nothing else it made me think if I don't stick it out I may live to regret it.
Another lady sat next to me cattily remarked I'd be back in two weeks, I'll bloody show her I proved my MIL wrong, she's still in shock !!

Jill

Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Met a lady today............

Hi Jill,
thought i'd reply but only out of courtesy! as i don't really have anything to say, except no one should regret trying! oh and tell those who say 'you'll be back' to sod off!
hugs
rach x
Old Apr 28th 2004, 6:49 pm
Go Banana's !!

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi Jill,
thought i'd reply but only out of courtesy! as i don't really have anything to say, except no one should regret trying! oh and tell those who say 'you'll be back' to sod off!
hugs
rach x
I have ! very liberating when you hand in your notice ! only have 8 weeks left at work yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Jill

Old Apr 28th 2004, 7:52 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Go Banana's !!
She is a midwife and her husband a senior doctor.
Jill
Midwife crisis?

See - I replied.
Old Apr 29th 2004, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by nosuchluck
Hi Jill,
hugs
rach x

yer, same advise here
Old May 1st 2004, 12:33 am
Kiwified member

Pollster will become famous soon enoughPollster will become famous soon enough

Tell those catty people that even if you do come back you wouldn't be coming back to see THEM.

Oh and good one there Don!
Old May 1st 2004, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Keep positive! Your attitude will get you there and keep you going if things get tough.

I am sure there are lots of people who give and up return, only to wish they hadn't. It wont suit everyone, but I expect people with a positive attitude are more likely to make it work.

P.s. I know lots of Brits around here that have no intention of going back.