Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A Message From Mum

A Message From Mum

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:07 pm
Professional Princess

Thumbs up A Message From Mum

Just had the news that Mum has been allowed home.

She will be on water tablets for life to control her heart failure and inhalers for her breathing and she is on steriods for her breathing although they are reducing them.

Her blood oxygen levels are not completely normal but are as good as they are going to get for someone with her condition (COPD).

I have just spoken to her, she seems so different. Her voice is higher pitched and not as strong as before and she says she is knackered, which I am not surprised.

They tried to deliver a commode for her to pee in to which she promptly sent it back. She couldn't envisage pissing in her dining room whilst guests turn up!

I suggested using the cat litter tray which sent her in a fit of giggles.

I am still so very scared for her and wish I could be there to look after her all the time.

But like many things in life, people break and they heal, it may be differently and not so strong but they heal.

Mum has fought back from the brink and defied doctors and she is here.

The nurse is coming to see her on Thursday and a therapist will be coming to check on her as well.

She has given up smoking after 40 years of the habit and has gone 2 weeks so far for which she had no choice.

So for all you smokers trying to give up, if my mum can do it, anyone can.

Mum has asked me to thank you all for your nice comments and support.
And I would too, because quite frankly, I don't know how I would have coped the last 2 weeks if it hadn't been for you lot both in the lounge and this forum.

Scared for mum? yes I am, I want to keep her for a long time yet.

I am also chuffed that Mum is now in her special chair and is able to live her life again - if not differently.

Chuffed? Im bloody over the moon.

Thank you

Samantha

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:12 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A Message From Mum

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
Just had the news that Mum has been allowed home.

She will be on water tablets for life to control her heart failure and inhalers for her breathing and she is on steriods for her breathing although they are reducing them.

Her blood oxygen levels are not completely normal but are as good as they are going to get for someone with her condition (COPD).

I have just spoken to her, she seems so different. Her voice is higher pitched and not as strong as before and she says she is knackered, which I am not surprised.

They tried to deliver a commode for her to pee in to which she promptly sent it back. She couldn't envisage pissing in her dining room whilst guests turn up!

I suggested using the cat litter tray which sent her in a fit of giggles.

I am still so very scared for her and wish I could be there to look after her all the time.

But like many things in life, people break and they heal, it may be differently and not so strong but they heal.

Mum has fought back from the brink and defied doctors and she is here.

The nurse is coming to see her on Thursday and a therapist will be coming to check on her as well.

She has given up smoking after 40 years of the habit and has gone 2 weeks so far for which she had no choice.

So for all you smokers trying to give up, if my mum can do it, anyone can.

Mum has asked me to thank you all for your nice comments and support.
And I would too, because quite frankly, I don't know how I would have coped the last 2 weeks if it hadn't been for you lot both in the lounge and this forum.

Scared for mum? yes I am, I want to keep her for a long time yet.

I am also chuffed that Mum is now in her special chair and is able to live her life again - if not differently.

Chuffed? Im bloody over the moon.

Thank you

Samantha
Sam

Big kisses and hugz for your Mum and for you. You have both been through the wringer these past few weeks so you are both in my thoughts.

Love ya babes!

Claire
xxx
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:13 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
Sam

Big kisses and hugz for your Mum and for you. You have both been through the wringer these past few weeks so you are both in my thoughts.

Love ya babes!

Claire
xxx

Now I have to get my head down the TRA mans trousers. Ooops, I meant get my head down and do some TRA.

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Have read your threads about your mum she sounds like an amazing lady!
lovely to hear she is on the road to recovery.
Chris
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:16 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
Have read your threads about your mum she sounds like an amazing lady!
lovely to hear she is on the road to recovery.
Chris

Cheers Chris.

I could sleep for a week now, its all caught up with me.

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really niceChris Mitchell is just really nice

Cheers Chris.

I could sleep for a week now, its all caught up with me.
I bet , its so stressful, really takes it out of you when you are worried and upset. think now she's getting better time for you to CHILL, WITH A NICE GLASS OF WHATEVER!!!

Chris
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:20 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Chris Mitchell
I bet , its so stressful, really takes it out of you when you are worried and upset. think now she's getting better time for you to CHILL, WITH A NICE GLASS OF WHATEVER!!!

Chris

I know, I could do with something!

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:22 pm
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Now I have to get my head down the TRA mans trousers. Ooops, I meant get my head down and do some TRA.
PMSL!
you strawberry tart!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:24 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by Jonahs_mummy
PMSL!
you strawberry tart!

Is it 5pm yet?

Can the clocks go forward right now please to 5pm?

Ive got TRA shit to do tonight.

And, holby city, eastenders and emmerdale are on too.

Never mind.

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:26 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sam

Great news that your Mum is home...hopefully she will get a little stronger soon. She sounds as though she is not letting this terrible disease get the better of her though. I mean giving up smoking after 40 years...WOW..well done PP MUM, and the not wanting a commode, good for her.

Hope you are keeping your spirits up Sam...your Mum is lis a lucky lady to have you for her daughter.

Take care ...<<<< Hugs and prayers>>>>

D x
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:30 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by DIMO8
Hi Sam

Great news that your Mum is home...hopefully she will get a little stronger soon. She sounds as though she is not letting this terrible disease get the better of her though. I mean giving up smoking after 40 years...WOW..well done PP MUM, and the not wanting a commode, good for her.

Hope you are keeping your spirits up Sam...your Mum is lis a lucky lady to have you for her daughter.

Take care ...<<<< Hugs and prayers>>>>

D x

I never realised how many people have this disease and live a next to normal life if they are careful.

Encouraging in a way, at least for us.

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:34 pm

DIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond reputeDIMO8 has a reputation beyond repute

I never realised how many people have this disease and live a next to normal life if they are careful.

Encouraging in a way, at least for us.

My mum was diagnosed last year...but early stages, she tends to be worse in the winter monthes. She did pack in the fags........but i think shes been having a sneaky one.
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:35 pm
Professional Princess

Originally Posted by DIMO8
My mum was diagnosed last year...but early stages, she tends to be worse in the winter monthes. She did pack in the fags........but i think shes been having a sneaky one.

Thats what scares me.

I don't want to piss on her parade, but she was in A/E with sats of 70percent.

I will die if she starts smoking again. She swears she wont and Im not going to put her down.

Just pray it never happens.

Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:43 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent news!
Old Mar 22nd 2005, 2:47 pm
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

might see you down there rate this rate matey!!! take turns??

so pleased about your mum - only bit of good news ive had today!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.