Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

A message from Jonny W to all Aussies

A message from Jonny W to all Aussies

Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:20 am
Merlot

Default Lost our ability to laugh!

Do see my further thread on this subject.

Last edited by Merlot; Nov 20th 2003 at 7:58 am.

Old Nov 19th 2003, 5:22 am
WBB

cannot be bothered to open it.

what does it say?

no doubt something along the lines of "we are going to KICK your arse"

Old Nov 19th 2003, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

AussieinLondon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A message from Jonny W to all Aussies

Originally posted by Merlot
Please see attached plea from Jonny Boy!!! Go England!!!
Frankly, if the reports of the current behaviour and attitudes of Australians in the British media have any truth to them, then I'm ashamed that I still call myself Australian.

I have read your 'interesting' piece. I didn't think much of it either.

(Actually, I have a lot of thoughts about it, but I wouldn't bother posting them here).
Old Nov 19th 2003, 10:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

And the message is that me, Jonny boy, look like I'm having a W*** when I line up for my kicks Couldn't resist that sorry

OzTennis

Good luck for Saturday - you're gonna need it! No, I'm hopeful more than expectant - honest.
Old Nov 19th 2003, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by AussieinLondon
Frankly, if the reports of the current behaviour and attitudes of Australians in the British media have any truth to them, then I'm ashamed that I still call myself Australian.

I have read your 'interesting' piece. I didn't think much of it either.

(Actually, I have a lot of thoughts about it, but I wouldn't bother posting them here).
Just to balance things a little:

Have you also been reading how the Poms in Sydney have been telling the Aussies that their shirts are yellow like their wearers?

Have you also been reading how Will Carling admitted that before the 1995 semi-final against Australia they got their team doctor to pose as a backpacker and get admission to the Australian training session and then report back on all their moves? For some reason England now employ an espionage expert and are paranoid about security.

Did you hear the numerous choruses of Swing Low at the Oz vs NZ semi. Imagine for example going to a London derby and starting up with United, United. Apparently they have a retort (very witty) 'you can shove your f*****g chariot up your a**e to the tune of coming around the mountain. It's interesting as an aside that there is no tradition of singing at sporting contests in Australia whereas there is in England. They are also making fun of WM - what's jumbucks, swagmen etc got to do with it? A little bit more than an Afro-American spiritual song about goodness knows what which no-one seems to know why they sing it.

OzTennis
Old Nov 19th 2003, 12:27 pm
WBB

Originally posted by OzTennis
Just to balance things a little:

Have you also been reading how the Poms in Sydney have been telling the Aussies that their shirts are yellow like their wearers?

Have you also been reading how Will Carling admitted that before the 1995 semi-final against Australia they got their team doctor to pose as a backpacker and get admission to the Australian training session and then report back on all their moves? For some reason England now employ an espionage expert and are paranoid about security.

Did you hear the numerous choruses of Swing Low at the Oz vs NZ semi. Imagine for example going to a London derby and starting up with United, United. Apparently they have a retort (very witty) 'you can shove your f*****g chariot up your a**e to the tune of coming around the mountain. It's interesting as an aside that there is no tradition of singing at sporting contests in Australia whereas there is in England. They are also making fun of WM - what's jumbucks, swagmen etc got to do with it? A little bit more than an Afro-American spiritual song about goodness knows what which no-one seems to know why they sing it.

OzTennis
the welsh have been singing "stick your f*****g chariots up your arse" for years.

Old Nov 19th 2003, 12:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by welshboybilly
the welsh have been singing "stick your f*****g chariots up your arse" for years.

Yep, we couldn't have thought that one up - nor oi, oi, oi (Ogri?) by ourselves.

The other thing some of the Poms are doing is saying to the Aussie supporters - 'I see you support Norwich City'.

If I wore white I'd be a bit wary of the wit and repartee.

OzTennis
Old Nov 19th 2003, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

I just hope that none of the England rugby players pull their England shirts off and fling them to the ground in front of the watching world when they score a try(and they will). Unlike that prat Cole who did just that, playing for the England football team the other day. I'd like to think one of his seniors gave him a good slap for that. I think the FA should give him a 5 match ban from playing in England games.

Good luck England
Old Nov 19th 2003, 4:00 pm
WBB

Originally posted by migrantoz
I just hope that none of the England rugby players pull their England shirts off and fling them to the ground in front of the watching world when they score a try(and they will). Unlike that prat Cole who did just that, playing for the England football team the other day. I'd like to think one of his seniors gave him a good slap for that. I think the FA should give him a 5 match ban from playing in England games.

Good luck England

yeah i saw that, what an ass.

Old Nov 19th 2003, 5:42 pm
Badge

I don't think a rugby player is capable.

I mean, have you seen how tight those shirts are? How do you get them past your pads?

I saw one bloke replacing his, and it took a team of side line officials...

Badge

Old Nov 19th 2003, 6:11 pm
AWOL

Kentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the roughKentish Man is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by welshboybilly

Yeah, but Aussies have difficulty in getting more than ten people to sing together at sporting events. it's taken them over a hundred years to get to 'Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!' Perhaps some of your Welsh chums have been holding singing classes for them.

The Aussies were getting fed up with the wit of the barmy army during the last Ashes tour. They may have been strolling in the actual game but they weren't happy being outsung at home. One Aussie supporter finally snapped and ran in front of the barmy army waving a large Aussie flag. The response of the poms? Almost instantly they broke into a rousing rendition of 'Get your shit stars off our flag!'

Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:56 am
Merlot

Default No humour

Originally posted by Merlot
Please see attached plea from Jonny Boy!!! Go England!!!
Flipping heck, may I say the response I have got from putting up the post is what I imagined it would.

The notice made everyone I know (English, Australia and Otherwise) laugh out loud. Take it on the chin or offer a funny backing the Aussie side.

Listen, it was a bit of fun and boy does the world need it. May I say a few of these people who are on the forum (many I add seem to be logged on more than living their lives), don't know how to have a little friendly banter. Chill out for heavens sakes, it is a game that should bring people together.

Since coming on the site, looking for advice, support and a little light relief, it seems to be taken over by rather bitter people who love to have a whinge and over use of the *** to cover up their lack of vocab.

Threads asking for advice never really get answered, the ones stirring up agro do.

I am tired of seeing people whinge about the crappie exchange rate and rising house prices. Have we all turned into materialistic morons, me thinks so.

Come on people, smile and enjoy life!!!!!!! It is far too short.

Can’t wait for the come back on this thread ……

Old Nov 20th 2003, 8:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by Kentish Man
Yeah, but Aussies have difficulty in getting more than ten people to sing together at sporting events. it's taken them over a hundred years to get to 'Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi Oi Oi!' Perhaps some of your Welsh chums have been holding singing classes for them.

The Aussies were getting fed up with the wit of the barmy army during the last Ashes tour. They may have been strolling in the actual game but they weren't happy being outsung at home. One Aussie supporter finally snapped and ran in front of the barmy army waving a large Aussie flag. The response of the poms? Almost instantly they broke into a rousing rendition of 'Get your shit stars off our flag!'

I said it in another thread - Australia does not have a tradition of singing songs at sporting events, England does. Australia has a tradition of being world champion in many sports, England doesn't (population 2/5 of UK). What matters, the performances or the singing?

OzTennis
Old Nov 20th 2003, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And does Jonny know that his name makes a lot of people laugh in Scotland. This is because a 'Jonny Bag' is a slang term for a male contraceptive device - as in well bred girl says to boyfriend 'Didya bring the Jonny Bags?'

OzTennis
Old Nov 20th 2003, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

captaincook is an unknown quantity at this point

Mate, your wife may be a jock but you should remember this is a british expat site. Postings like this falls into the teaching grandma to suck eggs category and really whats the point. You may think it is funny but its of no value to British people that firstly know that a jonny is playground slang for a condom and secondly the number of jocks that will laugh at your startling coincidence can probably be counted on one finger. We have far better sense of humours this end of the planet.

I have to say that since your arrival on this board its really gone down hill. Is'nt there a "expat ozzie teachers which cannot hack the uk site" that you can mix with your own kind on or do we have to continue to suffer your typical style of ozzie chip on the shoulder inferiority complex.

I am personally adding you to my ignore list as I cannot stand it any longer.

Originally posted by OzTennis
And does Jonny know that his name makes a lot of people laugh in Scotland. This is because a 'Jonny Bag' is a slang term for a male contraceptive device - as in well bred girl says to boyfriend 'Didya bring the Jonny Bags?'

OzTennis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.