Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Merry Christmas from the QLD Police

Merry Christmas from the QLD Police

Old Jan 3rd 2015, 10:03 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Merry Christmas from the QLD Police

Originally Posted by rabble_rouser
I'm usually careful and its usually really obvious when there's a trap, so I was slightly surprised. I was snapped on Old Greenbank road, it was utterly deserted so perhaps I let my guard down. Doing 8kph over 60.
How much is the fine? I ask because I was going down the ICB in Bris, just before the tunnel entrance, the new one not opened yet. There was an old bill pointing his camera right at me. I was doing 69 kmph in a 60 zone, so I am awaiting my letter.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

rabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond repute

$151 for < 13kph over the limit.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

blackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of lightblackcab is a glorious beacon of light

$151 for < 13kph over the limit.
That's not too bad, I was 9 kph over, at a guess, will teach me a lesson.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice

Couple of years ago I saw a cop photograph the sign in front of the Camera van placed some metres away in the road, Then pick it up and put it virtually up against its bumper. Would love to know the legal implications. More recently saw a cop with his motorcycle parked on the hard shoulder and him crouched down against the barrier in the central reservation with no Hi-Viz jacket, Reckon that's a iffy to on health and safety grounds. But I`ve resigned to the fact that speeding is illegal and there is zero tolerance here.
I lost count of the times I was pulled in the UK on motorcycles and sent on my way with a word in the ear. Basically because tho speeding it was not deemed dangerous.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

rabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, if you enjoy a good shakedown for doing 5mph over an arbitrary limit on a deserted road. Problem is limits often have no common sense behind them. Anyway I'll now know to keep a closer eye on suspicious vehicles with all these predators about.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 10:26 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by blackcab
How much is the fine? I ask because I was going down the ICB in Bris, just before the tunnel entrance, the new one not opened yet. There was an old bill pointing his camera right at me. I was doing 69 kmph in a 60 zone, so I am awaiting my letter.
$151.00 and 1 demerit point if you were doing 9kph over. Speeding fines and demerit points (Department of Transport and Main Roads)

When did this happen?
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

skinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really niceskinnygeorge is just really nice

Tell me about it. Had 3 tickets in 3 years. 2 in basically one month. One was 3kms I mean what the!. Then every night the not so odd cretin in a Ute hammers past you weaving in and out on a motorway. Or the nippy hatchback with young texting mother passes you 10 kms over and you think where are the cops now. But you should have seen the huge fleet of Toyotas parked up at the Police academy before and after the G20, Could`nt have been cheap!. Oh and why do the always set up traps at the bottom of hills, My Hilux has freewheel in top so no engine breaking, that got me my second ticket.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 10:32 am

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Sure, if you enjoy a good shakedown for doing 5mph over an arbitrary limit on a deserted road. Problem is limits often have no common sense behind them. Anyway I'll now know to keep a closer eye on suspicious vehicles with all these predators about.
The old accepted rule of thumb by both sides was + or - 10% for inaccuracies with speedos, but QPS now has an official + or - 0% tolerance. Unofficially they have to allow a certain percentage for different equipment readings but will not make it public knowledge. Unofficially I have heard from a guy whose son is a barrister, that it is approximately + or - 1-2%.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Bloke
$151.00 and 1 demerit point if you were doing 9kph over. Speeding fines and demerit points (Department of Transport and Main Roads)

When did this happen?
Saturday 27th December 6.30 pm Inner City Bypass going south towards Southbank, just before that new tunnel entrance not opened yet.

Fully marked police car, he was leaning on it pointing his didgerrydoo at me, you don't see him till last minute there is a slight bend then bam bam thankyou man...
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 10:51 am

Saturday 27th December 6.30 pm Inner City Bypass going south towards Southbank, just before that new tunnel entrance not opened yet.

Fully marked police car, he was leaning on it pointing his didgerrydoo at me, you don't see him till last minute there is a slight bend then bam bam thankyou man...
Yeh, I know the spot.....just as you come around the bend from the Ekka ground tunnel? As I said earlier, you get to know where they sit......just not when they are sitting there.....

Depending on the Christmas/New Year backlog, you should get a envelope from SPER (State Penalties Enforcement Register) anywhere between 2 to 6 weeks most likely.
Interesting note, if he was using TRUCAM, I found this article from The Sunshine Coast Daily. 249 snapped in a 3 hour deployment.....Nearly 250 drivers nabbed by police camera | Sunshine Coast Daily
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Yeh, I know the spot.....just as you come around the bend from the Ekka ground tunnel? As I said earlier, you get to know where they sit......just not when they are sitting there.....

Depending on the Christmas/New Year backlog, you should get a envelope from SPER (State Penalties Enforcement Register) anywhere between 2 to 6 weeks most likely.
Interesting note, if he was using TRUCAM, I found this article from The Sunshine Coast Daily. 249 snapped in a 3 hour deployment.....Nearly 250 drivers nabbed by police camera | Sunshine Coast Daily
That's the spot lol Its only money
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 11:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

That's the spot lol Its only money
At least you weren't over the border. They do double demerits around holidays.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Shaftston Ave Brisbane, towards the Storey Bridge, just before the Clem Tunnel, a police officer there with a didgerydooo. Pointing it at me two Thursdays ago around 8.30pm. I was doing 58kmph, so all good, just a heads up.

Between you being pictured committing the crime and receiving the letter, what was the timeline, how long, dates etc.
Old Jan 4th 2015, 10:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
At least you weren't over the border. They do double demerits around holidays.
YEAH!
Old Jan 4th 2015, 11:52 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
YEAH!
I know two people here who got done with double demerits over the Christmas period. One for doing 7km over the limit, the other for driving in a bus lane.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.