Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Merry Christmas from the QLD Police

Merry Christmas from the QLD Police

Old Jan 2nd 2015, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

rabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Merry Christmas from the QLD Police

Who decided to take a photo of my car and suggest I make a donation to their new year slush fund. I thought mobile camera units had to display a warning they were filming?
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 7:48 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Merry Christmas from the QLD Police

Originally Posted by rabble_rouser
Who decided to take a photo of my car and suggest I make a donation to their new year slush fund. I thought mobile camera units had to display a warning they were filming?
You're new here aren't you?
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 10:49 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

They are usually displayed by the State Revenue Collection Units....(usually overtly marked vehicles). Guidelines and Legislation allows the printed sign to be placed anywhere between 5m and 30m AFTER..by that time you've been snapped. Please read their bed-time story.... https://www.police.qld.gov.au/progra...eedcameras.htm.... Fixed cameras are usually signed before-hand.

I have seen quite a few unmarked (covert) vehicles without signage being used and I am sure they were allowed to do this a few years ago, though officially there is no public acknowledgement in writing. Favourite vehicles are 4WDs....they place the camera in an oversized air-intake, or on "trade's" vehicles, with the camera resembling a spotlight attached to the top of the tray's head-board behind the cab.

Last edited by The Bloke; Jan 2nd 2015 at 10:52 am.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 11:22 am
Forum Regular

rabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond reputerabble_rouser has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure there were no signs. I'm very careful - never had one before in the UK. Is there any duty/proof on them to show that they had the sign on display whilst filming?
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 12:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty sure there were no signs. I'm very careful - never had one before in the UK. Is there any duty/proof on them to show that they had the sign on display whilst filming?
The last few I've seen have had the sign displayed. Provided you look in your rearview and see it tucked under the number plate.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 12:46 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about Qld, but there's no such requirement in Perth. Doesn't even make sense to me that there would be, it's tantamount to saying 'just slow down for a bit, because there's a camera ahead, and then you can drive like a loon again'.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jan 2nd 2015 at 10:43 pm. Reason: fix quote
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 1:19 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Yer fooked.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 1:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

I thought you walked everywhere ! As Bernie said !
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The last few I've seen have had the sign displayed. Provided you look in your rearview and see it tucked under the number plate.
Granted I didn't do that. Do they read "thankyou please come again"?
Typical local mafia shakedown. Ugh.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 2:04 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Granted I didn't do that. Do they read "thankyou please come again"?
Typical local mafia shakedown. Ugh.
Crime, time

Heat, kitchen

I'm wearing my specs, you can't hit me

Old Jan 2nd 2015, 3:15 pm
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Don't know about Qld, but there's no such requirement in Perth. Doesn't even make sense to me that there would be, it's tantamount to saying 'just slow down for a bit, because there's a camera ahead, and then you can drive like a loon again'.
More recent expats may know better but UK you have to be forewarned and cameras a highly visible yellow. I think it was the Sun which ran a campaign arguing if cameras were about road safety and slowing people at accidents black spots then by advertising their presence they achieve exactly that. By stealth they raise revenue, not slow people down. It makes sense.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jan 2nd 2015 at 10:44 pm. Reason: fix quote
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 7:16 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvannTel
More recent expats may know better but UK you have to be forewarned and cameras a highly visible yellow. I think it was the Sun which ran a campaign arguing if cameras were about road safety and slowing people at accidents black spots then by advertising their presence they achieve exactly that. By stealth they raise revenue, not slow people down. It makes sense.
After a while you can spot them long before you get there as they park pretty much in the exact same spot. For example on Gympie Road at Kedron, you will usually find one outside the Kedron Caravan Centre opposite the Top Taste factory at least 3 times a week. This one should have a flashing neon sign with an arrow......

However, new technology in cameras can do multi-lane and ping you at between 500 and 1000 metres.......the Traffic bike cops usually hid behind a power pole just past the Gympie Road Wholesale Car yard a few times a month.

Last edited by old.sparkles; Jan 2nd 2015 at 10:45 pm. Reason: fix quote
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The Bloke
After a while you can spot them long before you get there as they park pretty much in the exact same spot. For example on Gympie Road at Kedron, you will usually find one outside the Kedron Caravan Centre opposite the Top Taste factory at least 3 times a week. This one should have a flashing neon sign with an arrow......

However, new technology in cameras can do multi-lane and ping you at between 500 and 1000 metres.......the Traffic bike cops usually hid behind a power pole just past the Gympie Road Wholesale Car yard a few times a month.
I'm usually careful and its usually really obvious when there's a trap, so I was slightly surprised. I was snapped on Old Greenbank road, it was utterly deserted so perhaps I let my guard down. Doing 8kph over 60.
Old Jan 2nd 2015, 11:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Crime, time
Exceeding a speed limit is no crime. Not even in Australia.
Old Jan 3rd 2015, 9:40 am
Concierge

Exceeding a speed limit is no crime. Not even in Australia.
I woz just trying to make you laugh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.