Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melway Availability ?

Melway Availability ?

Old May 14th 2006, 9:27 pm
2007 Emigrants

Mike & Zoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Melway Availability ?

I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a copy of Melway 33 in London (or at least the UK) ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melway

I've tried all the large map and travel stores in London and got nowhere. I even emailed the publishers, but got no reply
Old May 14th 2006, 11:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Melway Availability ?

Hi,

I don't know to be honest, have you had a look online to see if you can order one and have it posted? Alternatively, have a look at http://www.street-directory.com.au/sd_new/home.cgi or www.whereis.com - they are both pretty good with areas etc
Old May 14th 2006, 11:17 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mike & Zoe
I don't suppose anyone knows where I can get a copy of Melway 33 in London (or at least the UK) ?

I've tried all the large map and travel stores in London and got nowhere. I even emailed the publishers, but got no reply
Does it have to be the Melway one - you can get the UBD through Amazon UK.
Old May 15th 2006, 2:01 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

What are your relocation plans?

You heading down to Melbourne? - if so any area? or are you needing the melways to start narrowing that down?

Kiwi
Old May 15th 2006, 2:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Pootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond reputePootle has a reputation beyond repute

When we were in the uk we ordered it direct from Australia from here
http://www.ausway.com.au/ez/category16_1.htm

Obviously costs for shipping but well worth it!
Old May 15th 2006, 2:35 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Does it have to be the Melway one - you can get the UBD through Amazon UK.
If you are living in Melbourne it HAS to be the Melway unlike other Oz Cities where the UBD would be first choice.

I got a free UBD when I bought my car and it's not very good. In the Melway however you will find lots of business's here quote their Melway Ref to find them easier.

I will have an idea instantly of where abouts some place is if I am trying to find it and they say it's ref 77G9.

Louise
Old May 15th 2006, 2:37 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Shellfish
Hi,

I don't know to be honest, have you had a look online to see if you can order one and have it posted? Alternatively, have a look at http://www.street-directory.com.au/sd_new/home.cgi or www.whereis.com - they are both pretty good with areas etc
Thanks for the street directory link! I've saved that in my bookmarks as I've found whereis doesn't always zoom out very well and times out.

Cheers!

Louise
Old May 15th 2006, 8:42 am
2007 Emigrants

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Does it have to be the Melway one
Yes.
Old May 15th 2006, 8:50 am
2007 Emigrants

Originally Posted by thebears
What are your relocation plans?

You heading down to Melbourne? - if so any area? or are you needing the melways to start narrowing that down?

Kiwi
Exactly. Google Earth and a decent online map do the trick to a certain extent, but I want something to browse on the sofa. I did the same before I moved to London. Browsed the A-Z fro a while before arrival, it made a huge difference.
We're looking at Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn kind of areas... Something East, not too far from the city and not too central either. - got a lot of narrowing down to do, most of which I suspect will happen once we land...
Old May 15th 2006, 8:55 am
2007 Emigrants

Originally Posted by Pootle
When we were in the uk we ordered it direct from Australia from here
http://www.ausway.com.au/ez/category16_1.htm

Obviously costs for shipping but well worth it!
Yeah, it's that shipping cost I'm trying to avoid!... I emailed Ausway asking if there were any UK distributors and never got a reply. There's some excellent travel/map shops in London, but despite their reputations they didn't seem to know what I was talking about - at a push I guess they might order it in for me, but I was hoping someone here might be able to point me in the right direction first.
Old May 15th 2006, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes $50 postage! I've sent a few overseas for cheaper than that
Old May 15th 2006, 9:07 am
2007 Emigrants

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Yikes $50 postage! I've sent a few overseas for cheaper than that
Really? How much ? Maybe we can come to some 'arrangement'...
Old May 15th 2006, 9:44 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly. Google Earth and a decent online map do the trick to a certain extent, but I want something to browse on the sofa. I did the same before I moved to London. Browsed the A-Z fro a while before arrival, it made a huge difference.
We're looking at Richmond, Collingwood, Hawthorn kind of areas... Something East, not too far from the city and not too central either. - got a lot of narrowing down to do, most of which I suspect will happen once we land...
Do you have kids?

Richmond looks nice but locals have told me there is a big drug problem amongest school aged kids. We might check out Hawthorn in the future for building but are now renting in Malvern.

Kiwi
Old May 15th 2006, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Really? How much ? Maybe we can come to some 'arrangement'...
I will have to get ours out of the car and weigh it, it has been awhile since I sent one Think it was around $25 to send though, they are quite heavy!

I've just remembered that perhaps I sent it seamail which takes alot longer and hence is about half the price.

Last edited by Teliko21; May 15th 2006 at 10:52 am.
Old May 15th 2006, 12:49 pm
2007 Emigrants

Originally Posted by Teliko21
Think it was around $25 to send though, they are quite heavy!

I've just remembered that perhaps I sent it seamail which takes alot longer and hence is about half the price.
Yeah, I think my best bet might be to find someone who is visiting Aus. soon and just get them to bring me one back in their luggage!
Any takers ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.