Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melburne (Richmond)

Wikiposts

Melburne (Richmond)

Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:41 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melburne (Richmond)

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Check out Chadstone as well ( HUGE shopping centre there and a half hour drive from the CBD )
*pearly*
Oh NO pearly you will encourage her to shop her hubby will not be impressed :scared:

Bentleigh is nice Margaret - drive through it on way to work
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:46 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thebears
Oh NO pearly you will encourage her to shop her hubby will not be impressed :scared:

Bentleigh is nice Margaret - drive through it on way to work
Hullo thebears,

where do you live?
Do you mean shopping isn't an everyday necessity????? Life would be so dull and pointless without it. ;o)

*pearly*
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:51 pm
Home.

mackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond reputemackinnon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Hi mackinnon, as you said, it does sound a bit hectic for me, i can hardly cope with a night out Glasgow, lol,lol.

I stay in Killie and i consider this pretty big,ha,ha,ha
Wan a ma mates used tae stay in Killie, then he moved oot tae Hurlford.

He took me tae the Bellfield Tavern. He's no ma mate anymore.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 9:54 pm
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
Hullo thebears,

where do you live?
Do you mean shopping isn't an everyday necessity????? Life would be so dull and pointless without it. ;o)

*pearly*
Hi Pearly

Wife + (my) Credit Card

Its the phone call in the middle of the day starting "Hello, how are you?, just called to say I love you - andbythewayIjusthadtobuy#####...it was on sale"..."

Chadstone is nice though we live up the road in Malvern on the border with a place called Armadale.
Old Jul 25th 2006, 10:25 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mackinnon
Wan a ma mates used tae stay in Killie, then he moved oot tae Hurlford.

He took me tae the Bellfield Tavern. He's no ma mate anymore.

pmsl, believe me , that's one of the better pubs here
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:06 am

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by thebears
I thought the Richmond was just an option for a suburb not for work as well. With your budget Margaret what about Ringwood or out Glen Waverley/Burwood way?

Knew i recognised the name Ringwood, i stayed near there at one point, and too be quite honest if that's the case, i'll just stay here
Old Jul 26th 2006, 10:07 am
Melbourne Australia

Originally Posted by Margaret2
Knew i recognised the name Ringwood, i stayed near there at one point, and too be quite honest if that's the case, i'll just stay here
Oh why? we just visited some friends there over the weekend and it didnt seem bad??
Old Jul 27th 2006, 7:12 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Margaret, thanks for the link to this thread, it's just perfect for us too.

We've got a fairly large list of prefered suburbs at the moment...

Berwick, strathmore, balwyn, surrey hills, Mont Albert, parkdale, Bentleigh, Oakleigh, Clayton, Elsternwick, frankston, chelsea, toorak, springthorpe dev., neat latrobe uni, Caulfield, Murumbeena, Carnegie, Chadstone, Narre Warren,
Lysterfield, Ferntree Gully, Broadmeadows, Kensington, seaford, hawthorn, Kew, glen iris, ringwood, glen waverely, fitzroy, brunswick, clifton hill, black rock, chadstone, malvern

Need to whittle it down I think .

Our wants are.....
Somewhere up to $400k - $450k, 3-4 bed & garden (want to downsize so as to not be a slave to the mortgage any more). Preferrably a newbuild or newish property if further out from the city, but happy to look at older ones a bit nearer. OH is an IT chappy so will most likely be working in the CBD. Reckons he'd be happy to commute up to an hour each way to work (just now is an hour door to door).

Two small kids so don't need anywhere with too much in the way of night life, but need to be fairly near (driving distance) to good shops and schools.

Had a peek at the Caroline Springs area and it looks perfect, except too far from the sea. Is there somewhere similar on the Bayside/Mornington/east side?

Right, shoot me down right now for this question, but here goes.... If we were to choose a suburb a bit further east, would we get more creepy crawlies?

Just got our suburb map through the post last night so we're hoping to mark it up with all the places we like.

Any comments from you guys already there would be great.

Gill
Old Jul 27th 2006, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to allSandra and Jim is a name known to all

Gill, where did you say you got the website address? Trying to get info on Caroline Springs. Just waiting for the missives to be signed, shippers coming on 28th august and hope to fly out on 18th Sept. Feel sick. Will give you a call soon.

Sandra
x