Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne the worlds most liveable city once more!

Melbourne the worlds most liveable city once more!

Old Aug 30th 2012, 8:26 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne the worlds most liveable city once more!

One is a 'survey' by faceless people with an agenda in an office somewhere, the other is a survey of real people and their experiences.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 8:54 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
One is a 'survey' by faceless people with an agenda in an office somewhere, the other is a survey of real people and their experiences.
They're not talking about 'liveability' though are they, these real people with their real experiences? They're talking about holidays. London is a fantastic place, full of stunning buildings, parks, attractions etc etc etc. Would I live there? Would I hell.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:05 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt live in any of the cities that are apparently the most liveable in the world but if i HAD to live in a city i think London would be near the top of the list just behind Bath

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
They're not talking about 'liveability' though are they, these real people with their real experiences? They're talking about holidays. London is a fantastic place, full of stunning buildings, parks, attractions etc etc etc. Would I live there? Would I hell.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:07 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldnt live in any of the cities that are apparently the most liveable in the world but if i HAD to live in a city i think London would be near the top of the list just behind Bath
London would be way down my list. Bath would be fairly high up.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:15 am
Banned

Thats fair enough, we are all different, Sydney and Melbourne arent even on mine but Brisbane would at least make the list
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

I wouldn't live in a city. Don't class GC as a city regardless of what the council/country say.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:34 am
Banned

The Gold Coast to me is like a huge theme park, not somewhere I personally would ever live but it does appeal to others. When i first went to Surfers I loved it, I loved the crassness and OTT nature of the place but would never ever live there either. Its like a warmer Weston Super Mare
Old Aug 30th 2012, 9:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

The Gold Coast to me is like a huge theme park, not somewhere I personally would ever live but it does appeal to others. When i first went to Surfers I loved it, I loved the crassness and OTT nature of the place but would never ever live there either. Its like a warmer Weston Super Mare
Hmm not quite sure how large a look you took but I will guarantee you one thing, there is nothing remotely like a theme park or Weston and certainly nothing crass anywhere close to me.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:18 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm not quite sure how large a look you took but I will guarantee you one thing, there is nothing remotely like a theme park or Weston and certainly nothing crass anywhere close to me.

If you could find fault with your own area, what would it's main one be ? Personally I would think the GC's main issue would be it's relative newness and from this distance what seems to be a fairly high transient population, compounded by the idea that not that many people are born and bred there ?
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:57 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
If you could find fault with your own area, what would it's main one be ? Personally I would think the GC's main issue would be it's relative newness and from this distance what seems to be a fairly high transient population, compounded by the idea that not that many people are born and bred there ?
I'd agree with that. I can count on the fingers of one hand the people I've met, over 30, who were born here. Also public transport is seriously woeful. Oh and the perception from everyone who has never actually spent more than a week here that it's all highrises and glitzy annoys the hell out of me (that could come as a surprise ). There's probably other stuff but nothing that doesn't occur everywhere else as well although our unemployment levels are probably higher here at the moment and no bastard wants to employ me or Tiddler.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 10:58 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

pfft, i can't even find the link to the actual result of the survey.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

You're telling me that the GC doesn't look like this......
Attached Thumbnails Melbourne the worlds most liveable city once more!-img_2425.jpg   Melbourne the worlds most liveable city once more!-wsm.jpg  
Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:22 pm
Banned

Do you live near Surfers because thats where i was referring to ? I am glad you dont live near the crass bits

Old Aug 30th 2012, 12:22 pm
Banned

Oh well, keep looking.

Originally Posted by commonwealth
pfft, i can't even find the link to the actual result of the survey.
Old Aug 30th 2012, 1:01 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

Do you live near Surfers because thats where i was referring to ? I am glad you dont live near the crass bits
No I don't and that's not the Gold Coast. That is one suburb out of over 80.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.