Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Womens' Drinking Club - meet in Feb?

Melbourne Womens' Drinking Club - meet in Feb?

Old Jan 24th 2005, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

waustralish is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Melbourne Womens' Drinking Club - meet in Feb?

Originally Posted by melibeam
Yep count me in, I am definately up for a night out.

Mel

After what Melibeam said how you all enjoyed yourselves last time, count me in. Just let me know the place and i'll be there.
Be gentle with me it will be my first time out alone
Old Jan 25th 2005, 6:59 am
Forum Regular

helenmaine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Calling all would be drunken hussies in the Melbourne area!

Put down your darning & mending!

Leave that ironing board alone!

Forget the hubby & kids' dinners!

Time for another girls' night out, boozing eating & gossipping. Sound good?

Anyone up for it on Friday Feb 18, say 6:30pm, meeting somewhere round Southbank area?

Cheers (hic)
Anya.

(of course I'm not expecting any replies to this, cos I know you'd all rather stay in & wash the kitchen floor that night )

Got room for one more? I work out at Werribee but can make it into the city by 6.30-7.

H
Old Jan 25th 2005, 7:14 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by helenmaine
Got room for one more? I work out at Werribee but can make it into the city by 6.30-7.

H
Sure have - all welcome!

We usually meet somewhere for a drinky, so that people can arrive from 630 onwards, then go eat a bit later on (then go for more drinkies.... )

Then we discuss the best way to clean non-stick saucepans...

We'll suggest somewhere to meet a bit nearer the time & swap mobile tel #s with the newbies so's people can contact each other if they're lost/late.

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Jan 25th 2005, 8:34 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

im looking forward even more to getting to Melbourne now, if my fella becomes t total and does all the DIY, i always wanted a real stepford husband. He can just shoffer me around and have everything washed and ironed for when i get in, ha,ha!

I think he will definately be starting off a mens drinking club when he gets in and reads this post Lol............

LAURA
XX
Old Jan 25th 2005, 9:46 am
Class 2 Guru

Location: Where the stars look very diff-e-rent today... and tomorrow!
MarkMyWords will become famous soon enough

Then we discuss the best way to clean non-stick saucepans...
Get a man to do it, obviously!

This is my 1000th post, hurrah for me. Maybe I'll stop now. Ok, who was that cheering at the back?
Old Jan 25th 2005, 10:23 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MarkMyWords
Get a man to do it, obviously!

This is my 1000th post, hurrah for me. Maybe I'll stop now. Ok, who was that cheering at the back?
Hurrrrraahhhhh! My lovely hubby & Melbourne's Champion Ironer (yes one & the same) reaches 1000 posts!!

And he really is good at ironing too - makes me cotton Laura Ashley frocks look a real treat, he does!

Anya xxx
Old Jan 25th 2005, 10:26 am

fireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nicefireeater is just really nice

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
im looking forward even more to getting to Melbourne now, if my fella becomes t total and does all the DIY, i always wanted a real stepford husband. He can just shoffer me around and have everything washed and ironed for when i get in, ha,ha!

I think he will definately be starting off a mens drinking club when he gets in and reads this post Lol............

LAURA
XX
Tell him he'll have at least 1 other member in his club
Old Jan 25th 2005, 7:49 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Bumping this up, so that Melb women who are unshackled from the sink for Australia day get to see it

Anya.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 6:57 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Bumping this up again, to show that the Melbourne Women know how to party too!

BTW, would you all be happy to meet at Bearbrass on the Southbank (where we met last time?) at 6:30pm, Friday 18 Feb???

Cheers
Anya.
Old Feb 1st 2005, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

Bumping this up again, to show that the Melbourne Women know how to party too!

BTW, would you all be happy to meet at Bearbrass on the Southbank (where we met last time?) at 6:30pm, Friday 18 Feb???

Cheers
Anya.

yep that sounds good, looking forward to it already.

Mel
Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:18 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Ladies! Don't forget - your night of freedom is THIS FRIDAY!!

Meet at Bearbrass bar on Southgate, at 6:30pm.

PM me if you need any more details, or would like to swap mobile nos in case you get lost/delayed (or meet Colin Firth on the way )

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Feb 15th 2005, 7:39 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Sorry, forgot to add details of the boozer at which we're meeting on Friday!

Bearbrass:

http://www.bearbrass.com.au/main.asp

http://www.bearbrass.com.au/images/flashmap2.swf

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 10:47 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

So how did it go?? No dancing on the tables?? No arrests??

Probably not, Hevs wasn't there.
Old Feb 18th 2005, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bordy
So how did it go?? No dancing on the tables?? No arrests??

Probably not, Hevs wasn't there.
Sadly hardly anyone turned up - 3 from forum, and two others. We had a nice meal and chat etc, but it would have been nice to have met some others too.

Maybe some other time.....

Cas
Old Feb 19th 2005, 2:53 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Sadly hardly anyone turned up - 3 from forum, and two others. We had a nice meal and chat etc, but it would have been nice to have met some others too.

Maybe some other time.....

Cas
It was indeed a small, select gathering.... very pleasant, nevertheless.

We'll deffo have to organise another one soon so that Hevs can demonstrate her ability to dance on tables, chat up men, drink herself senseless etc.

Cheers,
Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.