Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Women's Drinking Club?

Melbourne Women's Drinking Club?

Old Aug 29th 2004, 2:39 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all
Default Melbourne Women's Drinking Club?

Calling all expat women in the Melbourne area who like a tipple or two (bet there's NONE of those about!).

Anyone up for us starting a Women's Drinking Club here in Melbourne? Maybe aim to meet once a month or so &, in the name of scientific research (of course!), try out the various bars/eatieres in our region (vary the location so we don't all have to travel each time)?

C'mon ladies, anything those Brissie gals do, I reckon we can do at least as well here in VIC

Anya.

PS: To male expat posters whose other halves don't post here: please tell your women, they'd be very welcome to join in if we can get something going.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 3:03 am
Badge

Default Re: Melbourne Women's Drinking Club?

I quite like being the token male bloke at these meets. Last time, I snuck away and hid to watch the footie and I was kind of invited along. Can talk about nappies and orgasms quite well if I have to.

Badge

Old Aug 29th 2004, 11:21 am
Madwoman

katyjoy is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Melbourne Women's Drinking Club?

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Calling all expat women in the Melbourne area who like a tipple or two (bet there's NONE of those about!).

Anyone up for us starting a Women's Drinking Club here in Melbourne? Maybe aim to meet once a month or so &, in the name of scientific research (of course!), try out the various bars/eatieres in our region (vary the location so we don't all have to travel each time)?

C'mon ladies, anything those Brissie gals do, I reckon we can do at least as well here in VIC

Anya.

PS: To male expat posters whose other halves don't post here: please tell your women, they'd be very welcome to join in if we can get something going.

An excellent idea Anya......Will definately be in on that one. We arrive late October time. I am an Aussie but my hubby is a Brit. Well up for any social activity. Let me know of any events you manage to arrange.

Kate
Old Aug 29th 2004, 11:25 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be up for it as well. As I will be living in Bendigo, might only be able to make it to every second get together or so, but I will get to as many as possible.

We arrive at the end of September, so put me down for anything after that!!

Old Aug 29th 2004, 11:28 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Anya.

One to Brissie - nil to Melbourne
What a hardship these womens drinking clubs are gonna be
Old Aug 29th 2004, 11:30 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
One to Brissie - nil to Melbourne
What a hardship these womens drinking clubs are gonna be
Looks like we've started something!
Old Aug 29th 2004, 11:34 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Badge
I quite like being the token male bloke at these meets. Last time, I snuck away and hid to watch the footie and I was kind of invited along. Can talk about nappies and orgasms quite well if I have to.

Badge
Oh c'mon Badge, you know these Womens' Drinking nights are only an excuse for us to sit around like the witches in 'Macbeth' and talk about hysterectomies & non-stick saucepans. :scared:

Anya.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 11:38 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Late Sept sounds great to me - will have got our upcoming house move out of the way & be in need of a good booze up!

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Aug 29th 2004, 12:00 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Late Sept sounds great to me - will have got our upcoming house move out of the way & be in need of a good booze up!

Cheers,
Anya.

Count me in. I am on the Mornington Penninsula but should be able to make most. It will depend on what functions we have on at our cricket club. Let me know when you have a date in mind.

Jo
Old Aug 29th 2004, 12:07 pm
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

[QUOTE=anya4oz]Calling all expat women in the Melbourne area who like a tipple or two (bet there's NONE of those about!).

Hi Anya
Yep count me in on this one as well, i could do with a good supping session this century....
Old Aug 29th 2004, 11:28 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Hey great! We'll deffo sort out a date and Go For It then.

I quite like the idea of a Friday night (although other nights are fine for me too) - any takers for an inaugural meet 17 or 24 Sept??

BTW, note that unlike the rival Brisse GIRLS' drinking club, ours is a WOMEN'S drinking club. Just in case Badge is reading this, FYI Badge, 'Women' are the ones with sophisticated tastes in food & drink, proper breasts & attitude, 'Girls' are the cutesy simpering innocents....

(Oops I'll duck now as the Brissie gals aim the WMD my way)

Anya.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 1:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Me, me, me me!!!

Count me in!
Old Aug 30th 2004, 1:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Hels
I would be up for it as well. As I will be living in Bendigo, might only be able to make it to every second get together or so, but I will get to as many as possible.

We arrive at the end of September, so put me down for anything after that!!

Hels

You're more than welcome to kip on my couch if you'd like.

And we could always do a weekend in Bendigo too...now that'd be fun.
Old Aug 30th 2004, 1:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

BTW, note that unlike the rival Brisse GIRLS' drinking club, ours is a WOMEN'S drinking club. Just in case Badge is reading this, FYI Badge, 'Women' are the ones with sophisticated tastes in food & drink, proper breasts & attitude, 'Girls' are the cutesy simpering innocents....

(Oops I'll duck now as the Brissie gals aim the WMD my way)

Anya.
I'm just laughing my socks off at your comment! The Bloke will absolutely p**s himself laughing, as there is just NO way you could describe me as a "cutesy simpering innocent" ....especially if you've seen the amount I can drink!
Old Aug 30th 2004, 1:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I'm just laughing my socks off at your comment! The Bloke will absolutely p**s himself laughing, as there is just NO way you could describe me as a "cutesy simpering innocent" ....especially if you've seen the amount I can drink!
Yep I have to agree with you Poll!!

Maybe, extroverted, exuberant and entertaining would be closer to the mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.