Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Women's Drinking Club?

Melbourne Women's Drinking Club?

Old Aug 30th 2004, 3:45 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Re: Melbourne Women's Drinking Club?

Originally Posted by anya4oz
Hey great! We'll deffo sort out a date and Go For It then.

I quite like the idea of a Friday night (although other nights are fine for me too) - any takers for an inaugural meet 17 or 24 Sept??

BTW, note that unlike the rival Brisse GIRLS' drinking club, ours is a WOMEN'S drinking club. Just in case Badge is reading this, FYI Badge, 'Women' are the ones with sophisticated tastes in food & drink, proper breasts & attitude, 'Girls' are the cutesy simpering innocents....

(Oops I'll duck now as the Brissie gals aim the WMD my way)

Anya.
The 24th is the best date for us (me and my mate Linda a scot not a pom) also a great date as my hubby is away on a lads weekend drinking in Albury with the footy.

Just let us know the time and place and I stock up on nurofen ready for the next morning!!!!

Jo
Old Aug 30th 2004, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

moomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura aboutmoomin has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Melbourne Women's Drinking Club?

oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh, i haven't even got hubbys TRA through, much less think of joining a drinking club. but i am hoping that you gals will be well established when i hopefully join you end of next year. have one on me
Old Aug 30th 2004, 10:33 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jaykay
Hels

You're more than welcome to kip on my couch if you'd like.

And we could always do a weekend in Bendigo too...now that'd be fun.

Heyyyyy, now I will definatly take you up on both ideas!!

I dont arrive until the 30/9 so wont be able to make the first one!

Shame, cause I could have combined it with my Birthday on the 27th
Old Aug 31st 2004, 9:00 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Have we decided on a date yet??

See I can't wait!!!

Jo
Old Aug 31st 2004, 9:38 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by joh117
Have we decided on a date yet??

See I can't wait!!!

Jo
Oh b*gger.

Have just consulted my diary & realised that 24 Sep is the eve of Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement) & I should be in the nearest Synagogue for the Kol Nidrei service that evening. I always observe (as far as poss) the 24-hour fast - which starts at sundown on 24th. I'm not very religious, but it's about the only Jewish thing I observe, in honor of my family & others who died in the Holocaust.

Sorry to come over all 'The History Channel' on ya, gals , is there any chance we can make it 17th instead? Or 1 Oct if it suits ya better?

Where would you like to meet?

I agree Jo, let the carousing commence!

Anya.
Old Aug 31st 2004, 10:10 am
Pass The Post

Oh b*gger.

Have just consulted my diary & realised that 24 Sep is the eve of Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement) & I should be in the nearest Synagogue for the Kol Nidrei service that evening. I always observe (as far as poss) the 24-hour fast - which starts at sundown on 24th. I'm not very religious, but it's about the only Jewish thing I observe, in honor of my family & others who died in the Holocaust.

Sorry to come over all 'The History Channel' on ya, gals , is there any chance we can make it 17th instead? Or 1 Oct if it suits ya better?

Where would you like to meet?

I agree Jo, let the carousing commence!

Anya.
Anya

I can't make the 17th already got a night out with the girls from the cricket club. 1 October should be good.

Jo
Old Aug 31st 2004, 9:54 pm
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Anya

I can't make the 17th already got a night out with the girls from the cricket club. 1 October should be good.

Jo
1 Oct it is, then!

So who is coming, apart from me & Jo & Linda?

Jaykay.........?
Hels - will you be over the jet lag by then?
Hevs - where are you? Are you up for it?

Badge - do tell Mrs Badge she's very welcome to join us, same for Mrs Bordy if you're reading this, Bordy. And any other Expats' womenfolk...! C'mon guys, you can unshackle them from the sink for one evening

Where shall we to meet up? (I'm in Williamstown but am happy to come out to anywhere that's covered by the train network).

Cheers,
Anya.

Old Sep 1st 2004, 12:25 am
Pass The Post

1 Oct it is, then!

So who is coming, apart from me & Jo & Linda?

Jaykay.........?
Hels - will you be over the jet lag by then?
Hevs - where are you? Are you up for it?

Badge - do tell Mrs Badge she's very welcome to join us, same for Mrs Bordy if you're reading this, Bordy. And any other Expats' womenfolk...! C'mon guys, you can unshackle them from the sink for one evening

Where shall we to meet up? (I'm in Williamstown but am happy to come out to anywhere that's covered by the train network).

Cheers,
Anya.

Well I will be in the city as I am staying at Linda's who is in Yarraville. So somewhere central sounds good.

Jo
Old Sep 1st 2004, 2:03 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Well I will be in the city as I am staying at Linda's who is in Yarraville. So somewhere central sounds good.

Jo
Central is great. Where's a good place to start with the ??

I can be available anytime from 1700-1800 onwards - whatever time suits you.

Anya.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 2:55 am

percyp is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, Can I come along too. if you don't mind - that is.

Been away from the forum for a while now, as we have been here 18 months, and at that time, I don't think such a social circle had developed.

I work on St Kilda Rd, so city is close, live in Malvern East and am in mid 30's (ish ) if that is of any relevance at all.

cheers
Jo
Old Sep 1st 2004, 3:59 am
Badge

BTW, note that unlike the rival Brisse GIRLS' drinking club, ours is a WOMEN'S drinking club. Just in case Badge is reading this, FYI Badge, 'Women' are the ones with sophisticated tastes in food & drink, proper breasts & attitude, 'Girls' are the cutesy simpering innocents....

Anya.
lol. I like a mixture of both. Like MrsB - she has all the proper attachments and attitudes all of the right shape and size as you say, with a bit of cutesy 'an all.

Old Sep 1st 2004, 8:28 am
Pass The Post

I finish work at 16:00 and once I have driven to Lindas and quickly got changed should be able to meet about 18:00. I have no preferences to where we go other than make it central so we can at least walk to the bars.

I am really looking forward to it.

Jo
Old Sep 1st 2004, 9:30 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

We land on the 30/9 and if I were to come down to Melbourne for the first weekend that I am back in Oz....My family would string me up!!!!

I will definatly make it down for the next one, so you can put me on the top of the list for that one, but I dont think it would be right of me to come down that soon after arriving....sorry girls!!
Old Sep 1st 2004, 9:34 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

Originally Posted by percyp
Hey, Can I come along too. if you don't mind - that is.

Been away from the forum for a while now, as we have been here 18 months, and at that time, I don't think such a social circle had developed.

I work on St Kilda Rd, so city is close, live in Malvern East and am in mid 30's (ish ) if that is of any relevance at all.

cheers
Jo
You sure can! the more the merrier. watch this thread for details of when/where to meet.

See you there!

Anya.
Old Sep 1st 2004, 9:39 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

I finish work at 16:00 and once I have driven to Lindas and quickly got changed should be able to meet about 18:00. I have no preferences to where we go other than make it central so we can at least walk to the bars.

I am really looking forward to it.

Jo
Yes, me too! 1800 is perfect.

Now can anyone suggest a good place to meet up? Should we meet up somewhere non-bar-ish (eg under the Flinders St Station Clocks on the corner of Flinders St/Swanston St - or anywhere else you like better) then we can go attack the boozy fleshpots of Melb en masse

We'll have to agree how we'll recognise each other (unelss of course you are coming to the meet on 4 Sep!)

Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.