Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne - Where should we go this weekend ?

Melbourne - Where should we go this weekend ?

Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute
Default Melbourne - Where should we go this weekend ?

Where, within a 3 hour drive of Melbourne, should we head for this weekend ? Been to Great Ocean Road, Healesville, Werribee, Arthurs Seat, Ballarat, Wagga Wagga (don't ask), Lakes Entrance, Dandenong Ranges and Wilsons Promontory.

Where should I drag the family next ?

Or as it's due to be 41 degrees should we just chill ?!

Advice always appreciated.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:52 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne - Where should we go this weekend ?

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Where, within a 3 hour drive of Melbourne, should we head for this weekend ? Been to Great Ocean Road, Healesville, Werribee, Arthurs Seat, Ballarat, Wagga Wagga (don't ask), Lakes Entrance, Dandenong Ranges and Wilsons Promontory.

You could head up to Bright we may go up this weekend as it is nice and cool in the mountains. There is a lovely swimming area in the river which has a lifeguard on duty, plus a couple of slides, a diving board and a paddling pool for the little ones. It is beautiful up there and the kids love it, there are some nice cafes and play area, but it can get busy.
Have fun.
Nicky
Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:53 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

I would chill, even the beach will not be any cooler! Southlands and the cinema will be packed, Waves will be heaving...

Is your MIL still here? My sister and neice went home on Wednesday boo hoo!

Louise
Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:54 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Have you not any friends with a pool?

If not make some quick before tomorrow!

Louise
Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:56 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj
I would chill, even the beach will not be any cooler! Southlands and the cinema will be packed, Waves will be heaving...

Is your MIL still here? My sister and neice went home on Wednesday boo hoo!

Louise
My preference is chill also. Spent the last week doing Wagga, Lakes Entrance and Wilsons Promontory so fancy a few days at home.

MIL left 2 weeks ago. Pleased to see them leave but also a little sorry. And house seems very quiet again !

How was it with your sister and niece, you must have had a ball.

Did you get my PM re catching up ?

Colin
Old Jan 20th 2006, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ljj
Have you not any friends with a pool?

If not make some quick before tomorrow!

Louise
He's on holiday !

Beginning to regret the "we don't need a pool, we'll use the tennis court more" conversation before renting.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 4:00 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

My preference is chill also. Spent the last week doing Wagga, Lakes Entrance and Wilsons Promontory so fancy a few days at home.

MIL left 2 weeks ago. Pleased to see them leave but also a little sorry. And house seems very quiet again !

How was it with your sister and niece, you must have had a ball.

Did you get my PM re catching up ?

Colin
Yep and we will, we are kinda catching up with loads of friends over the next few weeks who we haven't seen with us being out of circulation while Kathryn and Chloe were here.
Whenever I go to Donald MacDonalds Reserve I wonder if your family will be there. There is normally a group of us go on a Thursday but that may change as my son is wanting to start Karate lessons that day now.

Planning on being at black rock beach / play area from 10.30 Australia day if it's not too hot.

Louise
Old Jan 20th 2006, 4:02 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

He's on holiday !

Beginning to regret the "we don't need a pool, we'll use the tennis court more" conversation before renting.
Tennis court is a much better option in my opinion
Old Jan 20th 2006, 4:04 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

He's on holiday !

Will he mind if you use it? How good a friend are you? has he got a mobile? swap him for a couple of bottles of wine...

Louise
Old Jan 20th 2006, 4:06 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fraser
Tennis court is a much better option in my opinion
It doesn't make that lovely "Splash!" sound when you jump in it though.

We got a family tennis membership for $320 instead and a pool at home but we are having visitors Sat and I'm working Sun or else I would have you round.

Louise
Old Jan 20th 2006, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ljj
Yep and we will, we are kinda catching up with loads of friends over the next few weeks who we haven't seen with us being out of circulation while Kathryn and Chloe were here.
Whenever I go to Donald MacDonalds Reserve I wonder if your family will be there. There is normally a group of us go on a Thursday but that may change as my son is wanting to start Karate lessons that day now.

Planning on being at black rock beach / play area from 10.30 Australia day if it's not too hot.

Louise
Think we're hosting a Burns Supper the previous day so if my heid isn't too bad on the 26th we'll pop along to Black Rock. I'll be at that park tonight - picking up fish n chips and then a quick play at the park with the kids before bed.

As you now know what I look like I'll leave it to you to find us. I'll be hungover, with an exasparated wife, a manic 3 year old and a probably stroppy 5 year old.

Think Kim goes to DM reserve and she also know someone that you mentioned in an earlier PM - "she's really nice" whoever it was.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 4:10 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

Think we're hosting a Burns Supper the previous day so if my heid isn't too bad on the 26th we'll pop along to Black Rock. I'll be at that park tonight - picking up fish n chips and then a quick play at the park with the kids before bed.

As you now know what I look like I'll leave it to you to find us. I'll be hungover, with an exasparated wife, a manic 3 year old and a probably stroppy 5 year old.

Think Kim goes to DM reserve and she also know someone that you mentioned in an earlier PM - "she's really nice" whoever it was.
If it's a Pom it will be Helen we do the odd powerwalk. Yep the whole family are lovely.

Our hubbies played soccer together when we first got here... before he broke a few bones and tore a ligament!!

L
Old Jan 20th 2006, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

dshole will become famous soon enoughdshole will become famous soon enough

If you don't have children, William Ricketts Sanctuary

Access is via Mount Dandenong Tourist Road, Mount Dandenong (Melway ref: 66 G1). A bus runs from Croydon Station.

Hanging Rock is well worth it too.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 4:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ljj
It doesn't make that lovely "Splash!" sound when you jump in it though.

We got a family tennis membership for $320 instead and a pool at home but we are having visitors Sat and I'm working Sun or else I would have you round.

Louise
Working on the basis that I can pop out at 8pm for a quick game of tennis and when it gets too hot I can strip down somewhat. Not a pretty sight so inappropriate for public courts. Also need to shed some excess weight and the tennis option helps a bit more !

Access to pool at mate's house is linked to his alarm so cannot give me access. Or that's his story. Perhaps he fears another Michael Barrymore scenario ?!

Thought Fraser was responding to suggest I go to his place.
Old Jan 20th 2006, 4:13 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Working on the basis that I can pop out at 8pm for a quick game of tennis and when it gets too hot I can strip down somewhat. Not a pretty sight so inappropriate for public courts. Also need to shed some excess weight and the tennis option helps a bit more !

Access to pool at mate's house is linked to his alarm so cannot give me access. Or that's his story. Perhaps he fears another Michael Barrymore scenario ?!

Thought Fraser was responding to suggest I go to his place.
No pool round here mate or Tennis court, although we do have one nearby which I embarrassed myself on the other day

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.