Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Weather Stats - Climatology

Melbourne Weather Stats - Climatology

Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all29palms is a name known to all
Smile Melbourne Weather Stats - Climatology

For all you people wandering what the weather is like in Melbourne, for example that Melbournes weather is 'Crap', like Manchester, then compare these stats, and you may be suprised. Look how many hottter days a year Melbourne gets over Sydney but on the other hand colder winters. I say colder, think what winter would be like in Madrid or Rome or Central California, then you are pretty close.I have lived hear for 3 years and love the climate as you get four seasons (Not alwats distinct), and can honestly say that you get warm to hot weather for at least 7 months of the year as apposed to 7 days back home in the UK, so doesnt matter where you move from in the Uk the weather in Melbourne is literally a 1000% improvement. And also remember at present that Melbournes water storage is currently at 33% capacity which is down 5% on this time last year, because of a drought and experts prdict that it will only get worse! What causes a drought, mixture of warm to hot days (Sun Exposure) and of course lack of rain! I dont remember reading of a drought in Manchester or Ipswich!
By the way watch this space Melbourne (Grocon) is about to announce that the tallest building in Oz is about to be built at the former CUB site at the top of Swanston Street, (Where preliminary works have begun) and also a similar project to be announced later in the year for Docklands. Good times for this wonderfull city! (Apart from the water crisis).

Remember Melbourne is about Experiences not Landmarks Although with all this new development going on that might change!

Melbourne Climatology: http://www.eldersweather.com.au/clim...=site&lc=86071
Sydney Climatology: http://www.eldersweather.com.au/clim...=site&lc=66062
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Weather Stats - Climatology

Originally Posted by 29palms
For all you people wandering what the weather is like in Melbourne, for example that Melbournes weather is 'Crap', like Manchester, then compare these stats, and you may be suprised. Look how many hottter days a year Melbourne gets over Sydney but on the other hand colder winters. I say colder, think what winter would be like in Madrid or Rome or Central California, then you are pretty close.I have lived hear for 3 years and love the climate as you get four seasons (Not alwats distinct), and can honestly say that you get warm to hot weather for at least 7 months of the year as apposed to 7 days back home in the UK, so doesnt matter where you move from in the Uk the weather in Melbourne is literally a 1000% improvement. And also remember at present that Melbournes water storage is currently at 33% capacity which is down 5% on this time last year, because of a drought and experts prdict that it will only get worse! What causes a drought, mixture of warm to hot days (Sun Exposure) and of course lack of rain! I dont remember reading of a drought in Manchester or Ipswich!
By the way watch this space Melbourne (Grocon) is about to announce that the tallest building in Oz is about to be built at the former CUB site at the top of Swanston Street, (Where preliminary works have begun) and also a similar project to be announced later in the year for Docklands. Good times for this wonderfull city! (Apart from the water crisis).

Remember Melbourne is about Experiences not Landmarks Although with all this new development going on that might change!

Melbourne Climatology: http://www.eldersweather.com.au/clim...=site&lc=86071
Sydney Climatology: http://www.eldersweather.com.au/clim...=site&lc=66062
Hmmmm!

Last edited by spartacus; Aug 27th 2008 at 1:32 am.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:11 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Weather Stats - Climatology

I think Melbourne get the crown as the second dryest state, can't remember where I read that though...