Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Melbourne thread

The Melbourne thread

Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:51 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Melbourne thread

Originally Posted by Shakmaty

Now do as your missus wants
i always do cos i'm a good boy
Old Mar 1st 2008, 8:54 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
i always do cos i'm a good boy
Or, same as me,you want an easy life
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:33 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

As there seems to be quite a bit of slating of Melbourne going on across the forum
People are always jealous

Let them talk the talk

I prefer to walk these fine streets sipping my decent coffee

For every season, there is reason to be happy

When it rains we get excited and check the dam levels
When the sun shines we run to our beaches and parks
When it snows we ski

When its grey and miserable outside we count the pigs as they fly by and reminence about the UK.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 1:28 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think anyone is deliberately slating melbourne and i do not for one moment think anyone is jealous, people are just posting concerns about the cost of living etc,

dont get me wrong if it was just me and hubster we would be very comfortably off in melbourne, but kids are expensive little blighters

fwiw i think melbourne is an amazing place, and have no regrets about being here, but i do have a few worries about the future and can empathize with people with similiar thoughts.

Last edited by Margaret3; Mar 1st 2008 at 1:54 pm.
Old Mar 1st 2008, 3:07 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Or, same as me,you want an easy life
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 7:47 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Well today I went to the CBD, had a mooch around the Thai festival in Fed Square (the food didn't seem as hot as last year, thankfully), and then went to the Southbank where I would have partaken in some of the offers at the wine festival if I hadn't been driving.

Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:17 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

today i took my wee dog and daughter to the park, they had a paddle in the water , dried off in the sunshine , then we had a lovely cool drink at the little cafe in the park

came home and my back was knackered again
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 10:26 am
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by Margaret3
today i took my wee dog and daughter to the park, they had a paddle in the water , dried off in the sunshine , then we had a lovely cool drink at the little cafe in the park

came home and my back was knackered again
Tried massage ??
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:37 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

OK, here's what we did this weekend in horrible boring cold wet Melbourne. On Friday evening we went for a swim in the sea with the kids. On Saturday we went round a "home ideas centre" looking at stuff like windows and bathrooms and things for our new house. The evening was warm and sunny, we had some friends round for a barbecue.

On Sunday after the kids swimming lessons at the local pool we put our bikes on the back of the car, drove down to Langwarrin and went on a 8 mile cycle ride to the beach and back. It was very warm and we had to drink lots of water. In the evening it was still very warm and after dinner we sat outside with a drink listening to the cicadas and spotting satellites flying across the night sky.

Gee it's a dreadful life here

Buzzy
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:52 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
OK, here's what we did this weekend in horrible boring cold wet Melbourne. On Friday evening we went for a swim in the sea with the kids. On Saturday we went round a "home ideas centre" looking at stuff like windows and bathrooms and things for our new house. The evening was warm and sunny, we had some friends round for a barbecue.

On Sunday after the kids swimming lessons at the local pool we put our bikes on the back of the car, drove down to Langwarrin and went on a 8 mile cycle ride to the beach and back. It was very warm and we had to drink lots of water. In the evening it was still very warm and after dinner we sat outside with a drink listening to the cicadas and spotting satellites flying across the night sky.

Gee it's a dreadful life here

Buzzy
sounds terrible
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:25 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
sounds terrible
My weekend consisted of....

Friday night - BE

Saturday, lovely day with Australian friend from train, gardening and then long lunch. OH out til 6am!

Sunday, down to the beach for lunch at my Australian client/friend's house til 6pm.

Next weekend...BE night Friday,

Saturday - BBQ in the afternoon at Oz friend's house)another train friend.

Sunday either cricket with the expats or bbq at another Australian train friend's house.

...these Australians are a damned upfriendly bunch...!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 8:42 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Had another dreadful Melbourne evening today.

Watched my kids build sandcastles on the beach, played with them in the sea and then lay in the sea and watched the sun setting into the bay.

The cicadas have started up, the sky is clear and the stars are out, at 8.45pm it is still 26 degrees and I am now going to lie in the garden with a vino.

If life gets any worse here I may have to consider returning to England

Buzzy
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Had another dreadful Melbourne evening today.

Watched my kids build sandcastles on the beach, played with them in the sea and then lay in the sea and watched the sun setting into the bay.

The cicadas have started up, the sky is clear and the stars are out, at 8.45pm it is still 26 degrees and I am now going to lie in the garden with a vino.

If life gets any worse here I may have to consider returning to England

Buzzy

Sounds really dreadful, I do feel for you having to put up with such an awful likestyle

Its snowing here
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

railman2404 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by busterboy
My weekend consisted of....

Friday night - BE

Saturday, lovely day with Australian friend from train, gardening and then long lunch. OH out til 6am!

Sunday, down to the beach for lunch at my Australian client/friend's house til 6pm.

Next weekend...BE night Friday,

Saturday - BBQ in the afternoon at Oz friend's house)another train friend.

Sunday either cricket with the expats or bbq at another Australian train friend's house.

...these Australians are a damned upfriendly bunch...!
do you work on the trains? if so what do you do. wife is a hairdresser i am a train driver hoping to be coming over latter part of this year.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 9:53 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by railman2404
do you work on the trains? if so what do you do. wife is a hairdresser i am a train driver hoping to be coming over latter part of this year.

No I do not work on trains....I just travel on them a lot! Private message Red Lion or Fluffy the Vampire Slayer for train driving info.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.