Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The Melbourne thread

The Melbourne thread

Old May 25th 2008, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The Melbourne thread

Yeah, all fab places to go. Southland isn't too bad at all, a good selection of shops, just dangerously close for me to spend!

We're loving the area, loving the Country. So far so good.
Old May 25th 2008, 12:12 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sianystar
Yeah, all fab places to go. Southland isn't too bad at all, a good selection of shops, just dangerously close for me to spend!

We're loving the area, loving the Country. So far so good.
It's about the same distance from here to Southlands as it is to Chaddy, but if I need to go to a shopping centre, it would always be Southlands. As compensation, a drive back up the beach road does wonders for the soul, stopping at Brighton or Elwood

How long you been in OZ?
Old May 25th 2008, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Sianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the roughSianystar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
It's about the same distance from here to Southlands as it is to Chaddy, but if I need to go to a shopping centre, it would always be Southlands. As compensation, a drive back up the beach road does wonders for the soul, stopping at Brighton or Elwood

How long you been in OZ?
2 weeks! We love brighton, just a little out of our price range!
We drove along the beach road this morning, stopped at Ricketts Point to have lunch, then mooched on the beach in the rock pools with our 5 year old. Bloody fantastic.
Old May 25th 2008, 12:35 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

We drove along the beach road this morning, stopped at Ricketts Point to have lunch, then mooched on the beach in the rock pools with our 5 year old. Bloody fantastic.
Ah, those rock pools are great! In the summer it is bad with flies around there, but now it would be fantastic.

Yeah, Brighton is expensive, but everywhere is going that way. We have accepted that for the foreseeable future, the only way we can remain in the areas we want to live is to rent. Luckily, we got a good location in Elsternwick, quite cheap, and a landlord that doesn't seen to care much

Is your present place temp, or will you be looking to stay in Cheltenham?
Old May 25th 2008, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

Southland's isn't too bad in the scheme of things

And look on the bright side. You're close to great places like, Black Rock, Hampton, Sandringham, Mordialloc etc.
Yep its a good location here, not too far from anything I feel

If Southland had no shoe shops it would be perfect!
Old May 25th 2008, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice

Hello,

I hope someone can help! We are moving to Mornington in December and our 5 year old son will need a school! Ive looked at a couple on the web but was just wondering if anyone could recommend one?

Any advice would be great thanks!

Ange and Chris x
Old May 25th 2008, 8:01 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Melbourne thread

a drive back up the beach road does wonders for the soul,
It does wonders for my soul twice a day!

Buzzy
Old May 31st 2008, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

posh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the roughposh10 is a jewel in the rough

Hi all,

just moved to mornington, are there any meet ups in the next month or so.

Cheers

Diane x
Old Jun 1st 2008, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by posh10
Hi all,

just moved to mornington, are there any meet ups in the next month or so.

Cheers

Diane x
Hi Diane,

Welcome to Mornington, its BEAUTIFUL isn't it, we are on the border with you, not sure if there is a meet actually organised with a date etc, I know some have been talking about organising one though. We could plan one You know where I am, get in touch soon, it would be great to finally meet you.

Take Care
Tracy
Old Jun 1st 2008, 4:40 am
Forum Regular

Escaussie is an unknown quantity at this point

yep, going to Melbourne too.
Old Jun 1st 2008, 7:16 am
Forum Regular

melbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud ofmelbournegirl has much to be proud of

Parkdale Cafe is also nice. They have these nice white arondack chairs outside where you can sit and relax with a coffee. The kids can run around on the grass and there is a small beach there too. I think it is opposite Parkers Road. I think better food than Ricketts Point too. Have you been to the Concourse in Beaumaris? Your wife might life a few of the shops there too. It is like a small village but has some very nice shops to browse and (spend).
Old Jun 1st 2008, 8:11 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melbournegirl
Parkdale Cafe is also nice. They have these nice white arondack chairs outside where you can sit and relax with a coffee. The kids can run around on the grass and there is a small beach there too.
Unfortunately you have to compete for seats with 10 million cyclists.

Buzzy
Old Jun 21st 2008, 6:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Hi guys,

I have been making a list of all the recruitment agencies I can find who deal with Sales & Marketing. So far, I have about 35 companies who I plan to contact as soon as we get our visa so I can get the ball rolling before we get there.

My question is this - are there any you would really recommend I get in touch with or any I should avoid like the plague?

Thanks in advance.

Colin
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Oz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really niceOz Rascal is just really nice

Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me whether it would be feasible to commute to the CBD from Seville? Roughly how long would it take - either driving or by train.

Cheers,

Colin
Old Jul 4th 2008, 11:59 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oz Rascal
Hi guys,

Can anyone tell me whether it would be feasible to commute to the CBD from Seville? Roughly how long would it take - either driving or by train.

Cheers,

Colin
about an hour and a half ?

Driving : It's about 55k via the Eastern Freeway (can get pretty nasty in peak hour though so !)
Park/Ride : Lilydale is the end of the line. Trip from Lilydale to CBD is about 1hr 10min. Commute from Seville to Lilydale about 15 to 20 mins ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.