mitosblog will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Melbourne thread

Melbourne is still the best, in fact better than Sydney
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 10:51 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by railman2404
do you work on the trains? if so what do you do. wife is a hairdresser i am a train driver hoping to be coming over latter part of this year.
pmsl, she just hassles anyone who happens to sit next to her on a train to invite her roung for a bbq
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:01 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret3
pmsl, she just hassles anyone who happens to sit next to her on a train to invite her roung for a bbq
Frick off .... I will sort you out (so to speak, on Friday)!
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 11:15 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busterboy
Frick off .... I will sort you out (so to speak, on Friday)!
ooo thats sounds interesting
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

stubbieholder31 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, please could anyone offer some advise on the Western Melbourne areas.
We are looking for nice suburbs, good schooling and any other general advise you can throw at us. The Deers park region looks pretty good? Can anyone confirm this or give us there views on this part of the world?
Would be good to hear from anyone who has experience of these area's.
Old Mar 3rd 2008, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

Sarah n Andy will become famous soon enoughSarah n Andy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Melbourne thread.Question on Teaching Jobs

Hi Guys,
This sounds like a fab thread- can we join too! Have been reading up recently and looking for some info on Melbourne as we're hoping to emigrate from the UK later this year.We visited last February and didn't want to come home-it was fab!
Is there anyone out there that can answer this question for me? My husband is a P.E teacher in Secondary.We have been reading lots of info on BE about UK teachers struggling to find work in Australia or, trying to secure a permenant position.Can anyone else share their experiences with us.We are getting a little concerned that he'll get there and not be able to find a job.
We have posted this question on the teaching forum too but thought you guys might be able to help as the question is linked directly with the Melbourne area?
Many Thanks
Sarah
Old Mar 4th 2008, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice

Originally Posted by jmc
Hi all
We have just got our visa, and are moving to Mornington once everything is sold up hopefully july time.
Myself Louise ,hubby a son 13 and a daughter 10, would love to hear from anyone in the same situation moving out this summer?

LouX
Hi there,

My husband and I and our two kids (4yrs and 22 months) are currently on a reccie in Melbourne and love it!! I have a job waitong for me at the royal childrens hospital - just need to sell our house and for hubby to get a job, then we are moving here!!! Hopefully will be by Aug/Sept. We are currently looking at the 'desirable' areas to live and have looked at Mornington, although we heard its a bad commute to CBD and thats where hubby will hopefully be working? We are happy to spend up to an hour each way commuting.
Can anyone recommend any other desirable areas with good schools, preferably near to a beach or harbour?
Jut to add, really glad we have just found this site - Melbourne really is fantastic!!!

Ange and chris x
Old Mar 4th 2008, 11:19 am
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MillsyandtheTroop
Hi there,

My husband and I and our two kids (4yrs and 22 months) are currently on a reccie in Melbourne and love it!! I have a job waitong for me at the royal childrens hospital - just need to sell our house and for hubby to get a job, then we are moving here!!! Hopefully will be by Aug/Sept. We are currently looking at the 'desirable' areas to live and have looked at Mornington, although we heard its a bad commute to CBD and thats where hubby will hopefully be working? We are happy to spend up to an hour each way commuting.
Can anyone recommend any other desirable areas with good schools, preferably near to a beach or harbour?
Jut to add, really glad we have just found this site - Melbourne really is fantastic!!!

Ange and chris x

I think it would be a nightmare travelling from mornington the the childrens
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:01 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillsyandtheTroop
Hi there,

Ange and chris x
Guys

Plenty of people do commute from Mornington, they accept the 1 hr 20 min+ drive in return for living in Mornington.

Buzzy
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
Guys

Plenty of people do commute from Mornington, they accept the 1 hr 20 min+ drive in return for living in Mornington.

Buzzy
Hi Buzzy

What about doing this on the train, how long would the drive be to Frankston? Many Thanks

Tracy & Jason
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:22 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jasonmb
Hi Buzzy

What about doing this on the train, how long would the drive be to Frankston? Many Thanks

Tracy & Jason
20 mins drive to Frankston including parking time from most parts of Mornington.

Buzzy
Old Mar 4th 2008, 8:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of lightJasonmb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
20 mins drive to Frankston including parking time from most parts of Mornington.

Buzzy

Thankyou
Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

blackies is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

Just waiting for the visa & meds

Hopefully i will be heading around Aug/Sep when my son has finished his exams

Hoping to travel to Mornington Penninsula area with the wife,3 kids , 3 dogs & the Duke........

God help em......
Old Mar 7th 2008, 6:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by blackies
Hi all

Just waiting for the visa & meds

Hopefully i will be heading around Aug/Sep when my son has finished his exams

Hoping to travel to Mornington Penninsula area with the wife,3 kids , 3 dogs & the Duke........

God help em......
Hi, it looks like a few of us are heading towards Mornington Peninsular. Hubby flies on the 3rd, Kids and I when the house has sold

Tracy
Old Mar 7th 2008, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

mancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to allmancfamily is a name known to all

Evening all,

We've changed our minds so much about where we will head to upon arrival, but we've now decided to go to Mornington or nearby.
We plan on 3-4 weeks of visiting the different areas and schools etc before we commit to a rental property.

OH has accepted the long commute to the cbd, in return for living in beautiful surrounds

Laura

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.