Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne tap water

Melbourne tap water

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:04 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Melbourne tap water

My wife, Mrs Buzzy, would like to know - what does the Melbourne tap water taste like and is it drinkable?

I guess particularly in the Mornington Peninsula area?

Can anyone answer her question?

Thanks

Buzzy
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne tap water

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee
My wife, Mrs Buzzy, would like to know - what does the Melbourne tap water taste like and is it drinkable?

Thanks

Buzzy
Melbourne tap water had the reputation of being the best in the world (unlike Adelaide). It is definitely different now to what I remember but still excellent quality I would say. No need to buy bottled water there - unless you are a poser or making some sort of lifestyle statement. As for MP, I'm not sure whether it is on the same supply; I know Frankston is so I'd guess it is.

Strike worries over drinking water off your list!

OzTennis
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:27 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Tell her it will put hairs on her chest.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:35 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Melbourne tap water

Originally Posted by Bordy
Tell her it will put hairs on her chest.

woooouuuugggghhhh.

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:36 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Smile Re: Melbourne tap water

Originally Posted by OzTennis

Strike worries over drinking water off your list!

OzTennis
I really did hope that a decision to move was not going to be based on this sort of qualification! I wonder what else Mrs B will come up with???
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

gdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to allgdcollectables is a name known to all

Our tap water leaves rust spots, so we tested it with those strips which change colour (I'm not very scientific and can't remember their name), anyway - the result was awful.

In fact the rain water tank had a better result!

We filter everything now.

gd

Forgot to say - we're in Adelaide!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:47 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Smile Re: Melbourne tap water

Originally Posted by gdcollectables
Our tap water leaves rust spots, so we tested it with those strips which change colour (I'm not very scientific and can't remember their name), anyway - the result was awful.

In fact the rain water tank had a better result!

We filter everything now.

gd

Forgot to say - we're in Adelaide!
I think they're called Litmus paper?

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

NIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really niceNIGENABBY is just really nice

Originally Posted by Buzzy--Bee

Thanks

Buzzy

Hi

I am with the other poster Melbourne itself does have an excellent reputation for water, but Mornington is on a different supply, if memory serves it is not as good, although drinkable. That said anything is better than what I currently have in Kent! It is undrinkable!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

wanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to beholdwanderingwombat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by NIGENABBY
That said anything is better than what I currently have in Kent! It is undrinkable!
You'll miss the chunky bits then?

WW
Old Nov 24th 2005, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I am not sure it's the best in the world but it's certainly drinkable
Old Nov 24th 2005, 3:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

This is slightly OT as it relates to Perth tap water.

I boiled it for 6 months ( yep stupid) as I was convinced it would give me a dicky tummy.

Finally decided 2 months ago to go 'cold turkey' as I had nothing planned that day.

Drank said water and guess what happened.........nothing

It's not bad and makes your nails grow nice and strong. Must be a nuclear bunker/reactor nearby.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:54 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Just got my water bill...

In i was an information leaflet, that suggests that - on their own reseach - the use of a water filter does not affect the quality of the water here.

I always drink the tap water, and very nice it is too
Old Nov 24th 2005, 6:05 am

Bella Donna is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't think the water around Perth is too bad, but as I don't want to be forced to consume fluoride and chlorine, nor three-times recycled hormones from some person on the pill or HRT, I'll stick to RO water thanks!

Sue
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

DJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant futureDJMA has a brilliant future

Melbourne tap water is drinkable, but not the best tasting. It is slightly improved chilled. We are going to start filtering ours to see if that improves the taste.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:45 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Jones Family
This is slightly OT as it relates to Perth tap water.

I boiled it for 6 months ( yep stupid) as I was convinced it would give me a dicky tummy.
I'm suprised it hadn't all evaporated by then. Must have been a big kettle.

Seriously though, I bet you leccy bills are lower now!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.