Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

melbourne to sydney?

melbourne to sydney?

Old Mar 18th 2004, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default melbourne to sydney?

Anyone tell me an approx cost of what i would be to travel from melbourne to sydney by car in petrol costs its a 1.6lt car and also how long that takes without stopping i know i would be stopping etc but its just for an idea of the above cost and time of travel.

also anyone recommend a good map for that journey, i will be coming from geelong which is another hour away from melbourne but i will add this to what info i get back
Old Mar 18th 2004, 1:17 am
ABCDiamond

Default Re: melbourne to sydney?

Originally posted by brian.w
Anyone tell me an approx cost of what i would be to travel from melbourne to sydney by car in petrol costs its a 1.6lt car and also how long that takes without stopping i know i would be stopping etc but its just for an idea of the above cost and time of travel.

also anyone recommend a good map for that journey, i will be coming from geelong which is another hour away from melbourne but i will add this to what info i get back
900km, say about 10 hours ?

Sydney to Brisbane is 980km, and takes me 10-11 hours.

Any motoring organsiation will have a good map. Most newsagents will also have something suitable.

Say $60 for the petrol each way. I do about 400kms for an average of $30 fill up. (1.8lt engine).
Long distance driving is normally more fuel efficient than local driving.

Old Mar 18th 2004, 1:36 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
900km, say about 10 hours ?
Thats if you use the Hume Highway. The coastal route takes a lot longer but is much nicer. Depends if you're in a hurry or want to see some scenery along the way.

Jane
Old Mar 18th 2004, 2:25 am
ABCDiamond

Originally posted by JaneandJim
Thats if you use the Hume Highway. The coastal route takes a lot longer but is much nicer. Depends if you're in a hurry or want to see some scenery along the way.

Jane
I didn't know there was more than one way

I found this:
Melbourne to Sydney (Coast Rd) 1050 km 13 Hrs.
Melbourne to Sydney (Hume Hwy) 894 km 11 Hrs

at http://www.wilmap.com.au/victrav.html

Old Mar 18th 2004, 2:35 am
Born to be ignored

JaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond reputeJaneandJim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I didn't know there was more than one way

I found this:
Melbourne to Sydney (Coast Rd) 1050 km 13 Hrs.
Melbourne to Sydney (Hume Hwy) 894 km 11 Hrs

at http://www.wilmap.com.au/victrav.html
We drove up the Hume highway and came back the coastal route when we did our reccy at Easter. We should have allowed more time for the drive back because we missed loads but we had a plane to catch.

Jane