Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Spotswood Quarantine

Melbourne Spotswood Quarantine

Old Feb 26th 2007, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Melbourne Spotswood Quarantine

Anyone got a dog there at the moment?
I am going to pick up my two westies in 10 days and would gladly look in on anyone elses pooch while i am there.

Even willing to take a pic if you want...

Lisa.xx
Old Feb 27th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Lal Lal a rural community outside Ballarat VIC, previously Kent England
oliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond reputeoliverandlisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Spotswood Quarantine

Originally Posted by oliverandlisa
I am going to pick up my two westies in 10 days and would gladly look in on anyone elses pooch while i am there.

Lisa.xx
seriously.... nobody???
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

seriously.... nobody???

I thought I would try to bump this up a bit for you.

Our dog was there in 2005 and we were so impressed by how caring the staff are.
Once we had visited him it really did put our minds at rest. He went crazy when he saw us coming to his kennel.

Hope you have a good time visiting your dogs.

John
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

We don't have any dogs there yet, but we are hoping to send our two there at the end of the year. How did you find it? We've got a Westie (Rossi) and a mixed breed (Max).

Dolly
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jond
I thought I would try to bump this up a bit for you.

Our dog was there in 2005 and we were so impressed by how caring the staff are.
Once we had visited him it really did put our minds at rest. He went crazy when he saw us coming to his kennel.

Hope you have a good time visiting your dogs.

John
thanks, I know i would have jumped at the chance for someone to look in on my boys in the last month. Maybe my 2 are the only ones there LOL!!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dollydaydream2
We don't have any dogs there yet, but we are hoping to send our two there at the end of the year. How did you find it? We've got a Westie (Rossi) and a mixed breed (Max).

Dolly
they have been great, honestly. We phoned the day after they arrived as i know on the arrival day they are busy with vet checks and they keep a close eye on dogs for frist day. When we phoned they said, "ahh Charlie and Oscars Mum!" They told me that both dogs had to have a wash after the flight as they were a little bit messy, not a good look for white dogs as there was some form of printed paper in the bottom of the cage (maybe newspaper to help soak up wee?) So they went on to tell me about how much the dogs enjoyed their wash and how they went mental running around after. Typical of my boys! It was good to know that they were acting like themselves. The staff have been absolutely great, very kind and loving towards the dogs. I will take some pics when i go and collect them and post them for you to see what the kennels are like. Lisa.xx
Old Feb 28th 2007, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=oliverandlisa;4463656]they have been great, honestly. We phoned the day after they arrived as i know on the arrival day they are busy with vet checks and they keep a close eye on dogs for frist day. When we phoned they said, "ahh Charlie and Oscars Mum!"

We did the same, the said ahh Bailey the stout little Lhasa Apso, a day or two without food wouldn't have hurt that little fella
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Dolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of lightDolly is a glorious beacon of light

they have been great, honestly. We phoned the day after they arrived as i know on the arrival day they are busy with vet checks and they keep a close eye on dogs for frist day. When we phoned they said, "ahh Charlie and Oscars Mum!" They told me that both dogs had to have a wash after the flight as they were a little bit messy, not a good look for white dogs as there was some form of printed paper in the bottom of the cage (maybe newspaper to help soak up wee?) So they went on to tell me about how much the dogs enjoyed their wash and how they went mental running around after. Typical of my boys! It was good to know that they were acting like themselves. The staff have been absolutely great, very kind and loving towards the dogs. I will take some pics when i go and collect them and post them for you to see what the kennels are like. Lisa.xx
Thats great to hear. I would say our Westie Rossi will definately need a bath when he gets there a he seems incapable of keeping clean! If there is something nasty or muddy, he will find it and roll in it! They are both happy souls so they should get on fine. Can they take toys with them? Max loves his toys, especially balls (hard rubber ones, he kills tennis balls), and I think he will be happier if he can have them with him. It would be great to see the pictures as well. Did you have to book way in advance? the last I heard they were suggesting booking 5 months in advance for Melbourne.

Thanks
Dolly
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Thats great to hear. I would say our Westie Rossi will definately need a bath when he gets there a he seems incapable of keeping clean! If there is something nasty or muddy, he will find it and roll in it! They are both happy souls so they should get on fine. Can they take toys with them? Max loves his toys, especially balls (hard rubber ones, he kills tennis balls), and I think he will be happier if he can have them with him. It would be great to see the pictures as well. Did you have to book way in advance? the last I heard they were suggesting booking 5 months in advance for Melbourne.

Thanks
Dolly
yes, definitely need to book in advance... they are VERY busy.

As for toys etc we were told no but posted some to Quarantine for the day they arrived at the station. Oscar has his soft fluffy puppy toy and Charlie has his bouncy tennis ball! So they are happy puppies!

Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

yes, definitely need to book in advance... they are VERY busy.

As for toys etc we were told no but posted some to Quarantine for the day they arrived at the station. Oscar has his soft fluffy puppy toy and Charlie has his bouncy tennis ball! So they are happy puppies!

Thanks for that. Will definitely send some toys. Max will be happy, at heart he is lazy and loves to lay in the sun! but Rossi (the westie) gets bored fairly easily and resorts to licking his feet (he cut his pad once, and licking his foot has developed into a habit ), and it has made the fur on his feet pink! The vet gave us one of those plastic cone things once to try and cure him from his habit, we had to leave it on for two weeks and the vet told us he would "forget" about licking his foot. So, what was the first thing he did when we took the cone off, he sat down and started licking his foot! So anything that might distract him for a while is a good thing!

Dolly
Old Feb 28th 2007, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for that. Will definitely send some toys. Max will be happy, at heart he is lazy and loves to lay in the sun! but Rossi (the westie) gets bored fairly easily and resorts to licking his feet (he cut his pad once, and licking his foot has developed into a habit ), and it has made the fur on his feet pink! The vet gave us one of those plastic cone things once to try and cure him from his habit, we had to leave it on for two weeks and the vet told us he would "forget" about licking his foot. So, what was the first thing he did when we took the cone off, he sat down and started licking his foot! So anything that might distract him for a while is a good thing!

Dolly
ooooh i cant believe you are saying that. Charlie has had exactly the same problem. We took him to our vet and they said it was REALLY common in westies as a food intolerance. We were feeding pedigree chum, took him off it straight away, and you wont believe it but yes it did stop! So it may be a food issue. And you think a pink paw is bad, imagine how awful it was when one of my dogs kept licking the other ones butt! Mmmm a westie with a pink arse, nice!
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:07 am
BE Enthusiast

ooooh i cant believe you are saying that. Charlie has had exactly the same problem. We took him to our vet and they said it was REALLY common in westies as a food intolerance. We were feeding pedigree chum, took him off it straight away, and you wont believe it but yes it did stop! So it may be a food issue. And you think a pink paw is bad, imagine how awful it was when one of my dogs kept licking the other ones butt! Mmmm a westie with a pink arse, nice!
Our two get dry food, we had Rossi first and initially we fed him on tinned food, but it didn't agree with him (and quite honestly the expression "silent but deadly" was an understatement!!! ) so we put him on dry food and that seems to suit him fine. We have been lucky with him because I know that westies are prone to allergies and apart from the foot licking thing he is fine (touch wood).

Dolly
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Enthusiast

marvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of lightmarvinc is a glorious beacon of light

Lisa.xx

What a nice lady you are You must be very excited. Just the thought of getting the dogs over is stressing me out more than anything LOL
Old Feb 28th 2007, 10:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by marvinc
What a nice lady you are You must be very excited. Just the thought of getting the dogs over is stressing me out more than anything LOL
Ahh thanks, i know how much I'd have welcomed anyone telling me that my boys were ok while they were doing 'time' so its an easy favour to pass on. Although the staff have been great i would have welcomed another pair of eyes from an impartial person. I totally agree with you that getting them over was the most stressy thing about the whole process even though it all went VERY smoothly. they are my boys and i would have been inconsolable (sp?) if anything had gone wrong.

AND YES!!!! I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!

Lisa.xx
Old Feb 28th 2007, 6:31 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have to book way in advance? the last I heard they were suggesting booking 5 months in advance for Melbourne.
Thanks
Dolly
Do you really need to book that far in advance?
Our plan is to be in Melbourne for November but obviously that depends on the visa. What if we book for then and the visa hasn't arrived? Would we then have to wait another 5 months?
Oh the stress!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.