Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne in Sept?

Melbourne in Sept?

Old Jun 9th 2009, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

annamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant future
Default Melbourne in Sept?

Hi all
I am a 33 year old gal moving to Melbourne on my own in Sept/Oct this year.
Does anyone know of any groups I can join?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 3:14 am
Just Joined

raisein is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne in Sept?

Hi,

This is Rahul (Computing Professional) from India. I have a plan to make my first move to Melbourne in August. If you get any contact there, please let me know.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards ... Rahul
Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:55 am
Forum Regular

annamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant future

Hi there
Are you also going to Melbourne alone? Where are you staying initially as I haven't yet sorted out initial accommodation?
Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by raisein
Hi,

This is Rahul (Computing Professional) from India. I have a plan to make my first move to Melbourne in August. If you get any contact there, please let me know.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards ... Rahul
By the way, thanks for contacting me.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 7:57 am
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annamichelle2310
Hi all
I am a 33 year old gal moving to Melbourne on my own in Sept/Oct this year.
Does anyone know of any groups I can join?
That all depends on what you are into.
Old Jun 12th 2009, 8:03 am
Just Joined

Hi annamichelle,

Sorry for delay in reply. I am looking for hostel or shared accommodation. Bit confused at the moment not yet decided anything. But, renting a house for single person will be more expensive because initial stage will be of struggle. As soon as I come to any conclusion I will let you know.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:56 am
Just Joined

Pastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nice

Hi there,

I'm 34 and moving to Melbourne with my husband end of September!!!

Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Pastie
Hi there,

I'm 34 and moving to Melbourne with my husband end of September!!!

Aha!
Whereabouts are you in the UK?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

Pastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nicePastie is just really nice

gloucestershire - you?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 5:33 pm
Forum Regular

gloucestershire - you?
I'm in Bournemouth! What are your plans? Do you have jobs pre-arranged or just going for it? The economy, I hear, is picking up over there now, as is the job situation. I am an accountant but don't have a job organised so fingers crossed when I get there! Where are you staying initially? Are you excited?!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

cymru is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annamichelle2310
I'm in Bournemouth! What are your plans? Do you have jobs pre-arranged or just going for it? The economy, I hear, is picking up over there now, as is the job situation. I am an accountant but don't have a job organised so fingers crossed when I get there! Where are you staying initially? Are you excited?!
hi,

i am 34 and my wife is 35...leaving Leeds on 23rd July...looking to live around Mount Eliza as we have aussie friend there already...we are both teachers and have no jobs lined up as yet..hoping to do some travelling first before we settle back into real life...soooo excited.

:cheers:
Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

How exciting to be in contact with people going through the same thing we are!

My husband has a job but I don't (lady of leisure for a while!). His employee is providing an apartment for the first month and during that time we'll have to find somewhere to rent. Initially we will be in South Yarra I believe.

I'm not familiar with Mount Eliza.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

cymru is an unknown quantity at this point

How exciting to be in contact with people going through the same thing we are!

My husband has a job but I don't (lady of leisure for a while!). His employee is providing an apartment for the first month and during that time we'll have to find somewhere to rent. Initially we will be in South Yarra I believe.

I'm not familiar with Mount Eliza.
its really pretty...near beach, which is great , South Yarra seems really popular with brits, so you should have no problem settling in..hope all goes well...must meet up when we are all settled and ready to socialize
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:42 pm
Account Closed

Deancm is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cymru
its really pretty...near beach, which is great , South Yarra seems really popular with brits, so you should have no problem settling in..hope all goes well...must meet up when we are all settled and ready to socialize
South Yarra, nice! Trendy part of town and quite well off. Lots of bars and clubs and right on Chapel St. so lots of places to eat.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:28 am
Just Joined

Nice to hear that few more are in same boat. I am moving there in August. Hope to see you all there and good luck for your move.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.