Reload this Page >

Melbourne - Rental advice before House Buying

Melbourne - Rental advice before House Buying

Old Nov 27th 2009, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

daryllee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne - Rental advice before House Buying

Hi Everyone

Am moving to Melbourne from the UK....in short, I want to rent for 6 mths and find the right area before buying. What is the best rental type of property that I should look for with a wife and 7 yr old child?
Something like holiday flat for rent? Long term Motel (or) normal rent with a person...but don't want to be signed up for ages.

help please as I don't know what is on offer and don't want to spend the earth on rent.

thanks. Daryl
Old Nov 27th 2009, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

SamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to allSamSi is a name known to all
Default Re: Melbourne - Rental advice before House Buying

Most landlords prefer longer leases but there are still plenty of ones that would take 6 month lease. Have a look on realestate.com in whatever your weekly price range is (bear in mind that Melbourne is fairly expensive).
Old Nov 27th 2009, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond reputeHebe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daryllee
Hi Everyone

Am moving to Melbourne from the UK....in short, I want to rent for 6 mths and find the right area before buying. What is the best rental type of property that I should look for with a wife and 7 yr old child?
Something like holiday flat for rent? Long term Motel (or) normal rent with a person...but don't want to be signed up for ages.

help please as I don't know what is on offer and don't want to spend the earth on rent.

thanks. Daryl
Not a huge amount of short term leases available and those that are are are usually more expensive than long term. You may find a lease break or something similar. However, you would have to have quite a large search area.
Old Nov 28th 2009, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road

we found that Real estate agents are rubbish here and never return you calls, We found a nice 2 bed apartment in Kensington, which is rented thru

*********** which is a property management company and manages government owned housing, private rental, Owners Corporations (Bodies Corporate)
Old Nov 28th 2009, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Damson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond reputeDamson has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of people recommend Moving-to-Melbourne. Haven't tried them yet but they feature on here and you can find them on Britvics.org very frequently and seem very good. Haven't tried them yet, but may well do next year.

Good luck
Old Nov 28th 2009, 8:33 am
Just Joined

daryllee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by blackbag
we found that Real estate agents are rubbish here and never return you calls, We found a nice 2 bed apartment in Kensington, which is rented thru

*********** which is a property management company and manages government owned housing, private rental, Owners Corporations (Bodies Corporate)

What is that site please? ,someone has put stars through it here - need to look it up for inspecting. I have emailed real estate agents too (and they never reply)

Old Nov 28th 2009, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

blackbag is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by daryllee
What is that site please? ,someone has put stars through it here - need to look it up for inspecting. I have emailed real estate agents too (and they never reply)

The company is called Urban Communities
Old Nov 30th 2009, 10:03 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

kate from moving to melbourne is very good.

She comes highly recommended, and even if she can't find accomodation, she will point you in the right direction, and can give excellent advice on areas worth looking at to start your search for something more longterm.

Where are you looking to settle or where are you looking to work/what do you do for work?

Melbourne is a big sprawling city.