Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Quarantine

Melbourne Quarantine

Old Aug 11th 2003, 1:47 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Melbourne Quarantine

Hi

a word of warning for anybody who is putting their dog through quarantine in Melbourne. When you apply for your import certificate this quarantine facility (but not the other Australian ones) wants you to have an address in Australia for correspondance.

I know that for many people who have relatives in Australia this will not be a problem, but for people like me who are moving into On Arrival Accomodation, or taking a holiday before looking for somewhere to rent, this could be a problem.

Luckily my friend in Adelaide has allowed me to use his address, (after a few panicy days of me thinking we would have to leave the dog with relatives in Scotland until we were settled).

Good luck to everyone

Mel
Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:41 pm
Can't re member

welshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nicewelshpom is just really nice
Default Re: Melbourne Quarantine

Originally posted by mika24me
Hi

a word of warning for anybody who is putting their dog through quarantine in Melbourne. When you apply for your import certificate this quarantine facility (but not the other Australian ones) wants you to have an address in Australia for correspondance.
My pouch went via Melbourne. The address is needed to send you an invoice for the stay, which they do after about a week from arrival.

If anyone gets stuck for an address to use, drop me a line and you can use mine.
Old Aug 11th 2003, 2:51 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Originally posted by welshpom
My pouch went via Melbourne. The address is needed to send you an invoice for the stay, which they do after about a week from arrival.

If anyone gets stuck for an address to use, drop me a line and you can use mine.
What a kind soul you are
Old Aug 11th 2003, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

MeganEkno is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by welshpom

Welshpom

Are you able to tell me about who your pooch went over with, how you found them, rough cost and quarantine time period (is this 6 weeks or does it vary)?

If you can answer any or some of these I would be grateful.

Thanks.