Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Plumbers

Melbourne Plumbers

Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice
Question Melbourne Plumbers

Hi,

My husband is a qualified plumber and we're off to Melbourne in 7 weeks. Does anyone know what's involved in getting a licence to operate as a plumber?

Thanks!
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:24 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Melbourne Plumbers

Originally Posted by flumper
Hi,

My husband is a qualified plumber and we're off to Melbourne in 7 weeks. Does anyone know what's involved in getting a licence to operate as a plumber?

Thanks!
I'm not a plumber, couldn't even change a tap washer ( so hurry up & get here )

But check this site out, it might help.

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/Web13/rwpgslib.nsf/GraphicFiles/JobSheetPlumberFitter/$file/JobSheetPlumberFitter.htm
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

flumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really niceflumper is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bordy
I'm not a plumber, couldn't even change a tap washer ( so hurry up & get here )

But check this site out, it might help.

http://www.liveinvictoria.vic.gov.au/Web13/rwpgslib.nsf/GraphicFiles/JobSheetPlumberFitter/$file/JobSheetPlumberFitter.htm
Thanks Bordy - we'll check it out!

Only 7 weeks to go - tools will be a bit longer once we decide on shipping co!

Is there a demand for plumbers in your neck of the woods?
Cheers
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

WEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant futureWEBBS has a brilliant future

Hi,

Thanks!
Hi Flumper,

Try logging on to www.pic.vic.gov.au

hope this helps,

Peter
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:33 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Bordy - we'll check it out!

Only 7 weeks to go - tools will be a bit longer once we decide on shipping co!

Is there a demand for plumbers in your neck of the woods?
Cheers
With all the new houses sprouting up everywhere I'd imagine theres plenty of work for plumbers.
Will he be starting up on his own or looking to work for someone Nicola ?
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:35 pm
The Godfather

Just checked mycareer.com .au & seems to be plenty of jobs going.

http://www.mycareer.com.au/jobseeker...&q=Plumber&l=4
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WEBBS
Hi Flumper,

Try logging on to www.pic.vic.gov.au

hope this helps,

Peter
Hi Peter

Thanks for the info looks like more form filling!

cheers!
Old Mar 17th 2005, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

With all the new houses sprouting up everywhere I'd imagine theres plenty of work for plumbers.
Will he be starting up on his own or looking to work for someone Nicola ?
Bordy-

The missus got bored with this plumbing thread she is currently on her exercise bike. so I've taken over, i'm a bit slow at typing. I would like to go out on my own but may have to get a job to gain some "ozzie" experience i believe things are done differently over there.

Martin
Old Mar 17th 2005, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

Just checked mycareer.com .au & seems to be plenty of jobs going.

http://www.mycareer.com.au/jobseeker...&q=Plumber&l=4
Hi Bordy

Seems to be good selection of jobs. Going to have a holiday when we arrive, get my licence and then get a job or I could just send the wife out to work!!!

Martin
Old Mar 17th 2005, 10:15 pm
The Godfather

Hi Bordy

Seems to be good selection of jobs. Going to have a holiday when we arrive, get my licence and then get a job or I could just send the wife out to work!!!

Martin
Get her to pick up half dozen cans of VB on way home.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Get her to pick up half dozen cans of VB on way home.
Ha Ha - you men are a scream! Off to scrub the floors now before bed.

Nicola
Old Mar 17th 2005, 10:22 pm
The Godfather

Ha Ha - you men are a scream! Off to scrub the floors now before bed.

Nicola

Mind yer mans supper first.
Old Mar 17th 2005, 10:26 pm
Forum Regular

Mind yer mans supper first.
She has gone to warm the bed up!