Reload this Page >

Melbourne Or Perth Or Adelaide

Melbourne Or Perth Or Adelaide

Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

Wunderlust is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Melbourne Or Perth Or Adelaide

Hi all,

Just come from www.************* and was wondering where everyone here has settled. Looks like Perth is very popular and I like to look of it but....what about Melbourne or Adelaide?

Will be trawiling the south but a heads up would be good.

Ta very much

Pete
Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:09 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne Or Perth Or Adelaide

These may be of assitance, lots of info about suburbs etc etc etc

http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx
http://s2.invisionfree.com/Adelaidebrits/
http://s10.invisionfree.com/Expats_i...ex.php?act=idx

Old Aug 25th 2005, 7:10 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Melbourne Or Perth Or Adelaide

Originally Posted by Wunderlust
Hi all,

Just come from www.************* and was wondering where everyone here has settled. Looks like Perth is very popular and I like to look of it but....what about Melbourne or Adelaide?

Will be trawiling the south but a heads up would be good.

Ta very much

Pete
Depends on what you want, really.

Melbourne is very cosmopolitan, with a brisk pace of life (by Aussie standards!) Very green suburbs, too.

Adelaide is a lot smaller, with a slower pace of life. The suburbs aren't quite as green, but the Adelaide hills are drop-dead gorgeous, and if you can bear to be more than 45 minutes from the capital there are genuine real estate bargains to be had there.

I'm a Perth boy born and bred, but moved to Adelaide shortly before coming to the UK on a working holiday and I'll be returning to Adelaide when I finally move back home to Oz. It's a great place with friendly folks and a mellow atmosphere - though it may feel too sleepy for Brits who are accustomed to a faster lifestyle!

Old Aug 26th 2005, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

woodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond reputewoodyinoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Or Perth Or Adelaide

I stayed in Adelaide for a week with the kids! I was bored after 3 days
Maybe I was looking in the wrong places but there never seemed much to do for a family compared to Melbourne which is bursting with large parks and BBQ area's. Going to check out the Gold Coast soon recon there's a fair bit of fun to be had