Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne people

Melbourne people

Old Jan 18th 2006, 7:36 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Melbourne people

Just thought I'd pass on what looks like a great day at Waterfront City at the Melbourne Docklands on Saturday.

The Volvo Round the World Ocean Race is having a months stopover here (first time in the history of the race)....the yachts started arriving today, and Saturday will be the offical opening of the stopover.

Looks like lots of things going all day, and into the evening.

www.melbournestopover.com.au for more info

Cas
Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice
Default Re: Melbourne people

Don't go down until the weekend at the earliest. It says they arrive today but I heard on the TV that the first boat won't arrive until the weekend and those further back won't arrive until early next month!!

And I thought it took a long time on the plane and that only took 24 hours from the UK!!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 9:21 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by andrewb
Don't go down until the weekend at the earliest. It says they arrive today but I heard on the TV that the first boat won't arrive until the weekend and those further back won't arrive until early next month!!

And I thought it took a long time on the plane and that only took 24 hours from the UK!!
LOL - some opening celebration
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

andrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really niceandrewb is just really nice

I was thinking of going down and watch them try and explain away the lack of boats if I asked where they were!!!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:40 am
Account Closed

I was thinking of going down and watch them try and explain away the lack of boats if I asked where they were!!!
Just had a look at the website...it said the first yachts will arrive on sat morning as they have been sailing against the wind for days.

I'll probably go as there also a food and wine festival on there on Sat.

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

May see you there then.

Are you sure you don't just want to pick up a hunky sailor???
Old Jan 18th 2006, 10:59 am
Account Closed

May see you there then.

Are you sure you don't just want to pick up a hunky sailor???
Won't have many to choose from !!!

you got a photo of yourself up ?
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Won't have many to choose from !!!

you got a photo of yourself up ?
Just saw you haven't....
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

Well I suppose I look like my Avtar really just without the stripes and I am not orange..... Hhhhhmmmmm..... so not much really!!!! No photos as the camera has come on the aeroplane and the cable has come by boat so won't be here for a few weeks!!!!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:05 am
Account Closed

Well I suppose I look like my Avtar really just without the stripes and I am not orange..... Hhhhhmmmmm..... so not much really!!!! No photos as the camera has come on the aeroplane and the cable has come by boat so won't be here for a few weeks!!!!
You not been here long then ?

Shame...could have spotted you easily !
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Arrived on NYE when it was vvvv hot and started work on the Games on the 3rd!!!! Furniture should be here in mid Feb. Have an apartment in Southbank until Friday and then a rental in Coburg, not a first choice but needs must!!
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:10 am
Account Closed

Arrived on NYE when it was vvvv hot and started work on the Games on the 3rd!!!! Furniture should be here in mid Feb. Have an apartment in Southbank until Friday and then a rental in Coburg, not a first choice but needs must!!
Wow..bet you were knackered ! What you doing re the Games?
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

I am working as a Technology Manager for the hotel where the VIPs are staying. Great fun and a really great place to work. Everyone really wants to be there and whilst there is pressure you don't mind as everyone is looking forward to March.
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:16 am
Account Closed

I am working as a Technology Manager for the hotel where the VIPs are staying. Great fun and a really great place to work. Everyone really wants to be there and whilst there is pressure you don't mind as everyone is looking forward to March.
Well, I hope you continue to enjoy

Just noticed your ticker thingy....blonde moment..sorry
Old Jan 18th 2006, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

Thats OK. Saw you were blonde so will let you off.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.