Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

melbourne in October

melbourne in October

Old May 22nd 2008, 12:25 am
Forum Regular

nirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nicenirrade is just really nice
Red face melbourne in October

Dear All,

I am making a very brief visit to melbourne with my wife in late October.

Need to pick up my nurse registration documents in Sydney, I then plan to apply for registration in Victoria as this was my first choice destination.However it was easier to get RN Division 1 satus in Sydney then apply for mutual recognition in Victoria. Anyway we want to live in Melbourne so we thought we would come out for a week just to see the place as i need to come out anyway, as i say, to pick my registration up.

Anyway i was wondering if anyone Knew of a good B&B or cheap (but clean/safe) hotel? It is just somewhere we can sleep as we plan to be out most of the time looking around melborne, oh the Hotel/ B&B must have parking facilities for the hire car we will have.

Got to say cann't wait to come out, even though it is just a very short visit.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

regards to all.

nirrade
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:11 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: melbourne in October

Hi, whereabouts do you want to stay? If you want to stay CBD, wotif.com has great deals normally. If you're happy to stay in the suburbs, big4.com.au has cheap and cheerful caravan type accommodation.

Good luck, and enjoy our fabulous city.

Buzzy
Old May 22nd 2008, 10:47 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nirrade
Dear All,

I am making a very brief visit to melbourne with my wife in late October.

Need to pick up my nurse registration documents in Sydney, I then plan to apply for registration in Victoria as this was my first choice destination.However it was easier to get RN Division 1 satus in Sydney then apply for mutual recognition in Victoria. Anyway we want to live in Melbourne so we thought we would come out for a week just to see the place as i need to come out anyway, as i say, to pick my registration up.

Anyway i was wondering if anyone Knew of a good B&B or cheap (but clean/safe) hotel? It is just somewhere we can sleep as we plan to be out most of the time looking around melborne, oh the Hotel/ B&B must have parking facilities for the hire car we will have.

Got to say cann't wait to come out, even though it is just a very short visit.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

regards to all.

nirrade
Just to add, late October is approaching Melbourne Cup - First week of November.
Old May 22nd 2008, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Caroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really niceCaroline G is just really nice

Hi,

We stayed here http://www.albertheights.com.au/ recently. It was a good base, basic, clean and included car parking.