Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne - Nova 100 FM Listeners

Melbourne - Nova 100 FM Listeners

Old Aug 5th 2004, 1:32 am
Member who went to Aus

cutgrass is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne - Nova 100 FM Listeners

Does anyone in Melbourne listen to Nova 100 in the morning (this morning)?

Did anyone here them talk about someone complaining about a Christopher Reeve joke they made a while ago and if so - can you tell me what they said?

Ta.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 1:53 am
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Melbourne - Nova 100 FM Listeners

Originally posted by cutgrass
Does anyone in Melbourne listen to Nova 100 in the morning (this morning)?

Did anyone here them talk about someone complaining about a Christopher Reeve joke they made a while ago and if so - can you tell me what they said?

Ta.

I listen every morning. They did mention it that a newly arrived POM was not happy with the sketch. I was arriving at work at the time.

They read out the emails that had gone between the two ie the complainer and Kate. The guy had written in asking for his wedding anniversary to be read out on air as they were new to Oz and his wife would appreciate it.

They couldn;t and emailed back to say sorry and have a good anniversary.

The guy emailed back to say he was offeded by the sketch about Cristopher Reeve and was not gonna listen again.

They couldnot understand how the sketch offended and were playing it again when I got to work. Not sure what was said after that.

Why was it you they were talking about??

Jo
Old Aug 5th 2004, 3:14 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne - Nova 100 FM Listeners

Originally posted by cutgrass
Does anyone in Melbourne listen to Nova 100
No
TRIPLE M rocks
Old Aug 5th 2004, 3:31 am
Member who went to Aus

cutgrass is an unknown quantity at this point

It was me who complained. I thought the sketch was horrible.

For many of us '80s kids Christopher Reeve IS Superman. He was a total icon. It's also a total tragedy for him that he's a quadraplegic.

So I didn't think a joke about Superman being played by Christopher Reeve as a quadraplegic was funny.

So I told them so.

It's a bit sad that they are so in need of jokes that they have to resort to crap jokes like that. Maybe they think they were pushing the boundaries or something but tastelessness as a brand of humour went out of fashion years ago.

Well, DJ's all over the world are lame.
Old Aug 5th 2004, 6:17 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

He is being considered for a part in a new Superman movie though, isn't he ?