Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Meet up for Beers

Melbourne Meet up for Beers

Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. Thats down and to the right from UK.
znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all
Default Melbourne Meet up for Beers

Hi all,

I've been here since the 16th August on a 457 and was wondering if anyone else is about who fancies a beer?

I'm living in the CBD on Flinders Lane at the moment, although am travelling to Sydney and Newcastle from tomorrow (Wednesday) through Friday night. I can make Saturday or Sunday or any evening next week.

Takers? I'll get the first one in....

Z
Old Aug 28th 2007, 8:19 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Meet up for Beers

Originally Posted by znaylor1974
Hi all,

I've been here since the 16th August on a 457 and was wondering if anyone else is about who fancies a beer?

I'm living in the CBD on Flinders Lane at the moment, although am travelling to Sydney and Newcastle from tomorrow (Wednesday) through Friday night. I can make Saturday or Sunday or any evening next week.

Z
There are quite regular expat meets in Melbourne, more as the weather improves. Unfortunately we are out in the Yarra ranges, so its too far for me, but if you have a look in on Britvics, i'm sure you will find a few takers.

BTW congrats with the new job. Apart from hating meetings, how's it going ?

You can find Britvics here :
http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx
Old Aug 28th 2007, 11:22 pm
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Z
Next Wednesday is the best for me...where do you want a drink?
Old Aug 31st 2007, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Ali Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really nice

hiya have sent u a pm
Old Aug 31st 2007, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

znaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to allznaylor1974 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Ali Rose
hiya have sent u a pm
Cheers Ali,

I'll give you a call tomorrow.

Z
Old Aug 31st 2007, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Next Wednesday is the best for me...where do you want a drink?

Hi there,

Anywhere to be honest. I'm working on Spring street and live on Flinders Lane. How about the pub accross road from Flinders Station?

Let me know - I'm on from 5:15 onwards.

Cheers

Zach
Old Aug 31st 2007, 11:45 am
Take it easy

Shakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond reputeShakmaty has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

Anywhere to be honest. I'm working on Spring street and live on Flinders Lane. How about the pub accross road from Flinders Station?

Let me know - I'm on from 5:15 onwards.

Cheers

Zach
Hi Zach, that's fine by me, but it's a big old pub....tell you what, I'll pm you my moblie, and say I'll be in the pub about 6pm....howzat?
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by furkew
There are quite regular expat meets in Melbourne, more as the weather improves. Unfortunately we are out in the Yarra ranges, so its too far for me, but if you have a look in on Britvics, i'm sure you will find a few takers.

BTW congrats with the new job. Apart from hating meetings, how's it going ?

You can find Britvics here :
http://s7.invisionfree.com/BritVics/index.php?act=idx
It's been a bit up and down. First 3 days a bit crap - incredible workload and some truly comical events happening. So I started Monday, got sent to Sydney on Wednesday, to Newcastle on Thursday, and back to Sydney today, taking the (cancelled) flight back to Melbourne this evening. I just got back now as I got put on a 30-minutes earlier flight.

I'll have to reflect I think - on Wednesday I was ready to go back to UK, but feel ok now.

Z
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 3:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ali Rose
hiya have sent u a pm
Hi Ali,

I had a great time with you and your mates last night. Thanks!

Z
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Shakmaty
Hi Zach, that's fine by me, but it's a big old pub....tell you what, I'll pm you my moblie, and say I'll be in the pub about 6pm....howzat?
Top job. See you there.
Old Sep 4th 2007, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

Ali Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really niceAli Rose is just really nice

hi zach

glad you had a good time out with the girls, let us know if you want to come out again and this time i'll bring some of the lads out so you wont be out numbered!!

ali
Old Sep 4th 2007, 10:14 am
Forum Regular

Hi Ali,

I've never had a problem being outnumbered 6 to 1 by women. In fact, it's something I've fancied taking to 'the next level' a few times

Let me know next time you're out - I'll be up for that

Take care,

Zach