Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Meet Friday 8pm 22nd May

Melbourne Meet Friday 8pm 22nd May

Old May 15th 2009, 9:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold
Default Melbourne Meet Friday 8pm 22nd May

There are a few posts about wanting a meet up so here goes

Friday 22nd May, 8pm Charles Dickens Tavern Collins street

Get to the junction of Collins and Elizabeth and look across the road for the Novotel which is next to Australia on Collins, a massive arcade/departments store.

Then look for an arcade a little closer to the junction, the pub is in that arcade downstairs.

Its an old english style boozer and is the football haven of melbourne open to silly a.m. for proper football if your heart desires at weekends.

My name is Alan, im from manchester and if you go up to the bar staff and ask where the english lot is, or where Alan is they should point you the righjt way. Its only a small open plan pub so easily seen.

Ill post this on a few threads , so add your name, all welcome and no clicky gropups here.

So Far

Mr Anderson (alan)
Cynopt (jason and Ev)
Matt n Em
Luke n Wendz
Old May 15th 2009, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Melbourne Meet Friday 8pm 22nd May

So Far

Mr Anderson (alan)
Cynopt (jason and Ev)
Matt n Em
Luke n Wendz
Sashia
Old May 16th 2009, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

hawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nice

Put my name down on the list.... Should be able to make this

Rick
Old May 18th 2009, 1:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by hawkwind
Put my name down on the list.... Should be able to make this

Rick
Hi rick, hows it going,

See you friday then

Mr Anderson (alan)
Matt n Em
Luke n Wendz
Sashia
Hawkwind (Rick)
Jeezer (james)
JohnnyWelsh (john)
Coventry Paul (paul)

Jeezer(james) can make it down there for 6-6.30 of anyone wants to go and meet earlier.

I cant as i have a shop but i dont mind if everyone gets there early.

Put your name down for either time so people know who might be turning up at what time.

Al

Last edited by Mr Anderson; May 18th 2009 at 3:46 am.
Old May 18th 2009, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

jeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to all

As mentioned I can be there from 6.30 (earlier if need be, even 6PM). I work on Queen Street so will be loitering anyway.....

Anyone who fancies meeting around this time at Charles Dickens let me know. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

JAMES.

Last edited by jeezer73; May 18th 2009 at 3:34 am.
Old May 18th 2009, 3:46 am
Forum Regular

jeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to alljeezer73 is a name known to all

Before I get in trouble if I can get my other half put down too. Cheers.

James & Nicky.
Old May 18th 2009, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

hawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nicehawkwind is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
Hi rick, hows it going,

See you friday then

Put your name down for either time so people know who might be turning up at what time.

Al
Hi Alan. Things are going well... Work, work, work......

I can make either time, so if there's a few people that can meet up at 6-30, I'll be there then. (I just up at William Street, so can hang around for a while...)

See you all there.

Rick
Old May 18th 2009, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

I can make either time, so if there's a few people that can meet up at 6-30, I'll be there then. (I just up at William Street, so can hang around for a while...)

See you all there.

Rick
pm james jeezer your number or something if you wanna meet up sooner.

al
Old May 18th 2009, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson (alan)
Matt n Em
Luke n Wendz
Duncan
Hawkwind (Rick)
Jeezer (james)
JohnnyWelsh (john)
Coventry Paul (paul)
Djamesburgess(dave)
Jeezer(james) can make it down there for 6-6.30 of anyone wants to go and meet earlier.

I cant as i have a shop but i dont mind if everyone gets there early.

Put your name down for either time so people know who might be turning up at what time or just pm jeezer (james) or rick (hawkwind) as thety are up for meeting earlier.
Old May 20th 2009, 6:45 am
Forum Regular

See you all there.

Rick
Hi Rick,

Are you still planning on heading down around 6-6.30? I'll be available for that time too if you fancy meeting in the pub?
I'd hate for us both to be there drinking not knowing the others there
Old May 20th 2009, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jeezer73
Hi Rick,

Are you still planning on heading down around 6-6.30? I'll be available for that time too if you fancy meeting in the pub?
Go up to the bartman/woman and ask them to point you out if anyone asks where the english lot are, they are pretty good like that.

If there is a barman callled Zok, or Zorin there he knows the score.

Al
Old May 20th 2009, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeezer73
Hi Rick,

Well, I'll be in the CBD then, so I'll head down there for just after 6... I'll probably be the only bloke there drinking orange juice, so not too difficult to find!!! (I don't drink alcohol.)

Rick
Old May 20th 2009, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

Excellent! I'll see you Rick (and anyone else that gets there early) just after 6.
I'll be propping up the bar no doubt.

James.

Last edited by jeezer73; May 20th 2009 at 11:04 pm.
Old May 21st 2009, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

MillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really niceMillsyandtheTroop is just really nice

If I can escape from work early enough, I'll see if I can get there for 6:30ish. Where beer is involved I will prioritise...

Chris