Melbourne Meet?

Old Aug 10th 2004, 3:22 pm
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Melbourne Meet?

Originally Posted by andy thomas
Hi guys, been here for 4 weeks now and got most things sorted, how come we are 6 pages into a thread and havent got a time and date fixed up for the meet, I'm in Mornington now which I know is a bit far out for some so dont want to suggest you all travel down here but we are willing to drive out to meet up with the rest of you.

Andy. Living the dream and lovin it

Ok how is Saturday 21st August, 1pm Village Green, Mulgrave.
$15 per head all you can eat.
Old Aug 10th 2004, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bordy
Bummer....can't make that day. Alana has a Gymnastics tournament.

Will be up for the next one.....or my house warming if we ever get organised
Old Aug 11th 2004, 2:28 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Yay! Admire your decisiveness, Bordy!!

We can't make lunchtime that day, as we're off to some auctions at the other end of town. Have fun anyway.

Anyone else, who can't do Sat 21st, up for meeting up some other time soon (say on 28th or a Sunday, or an evening drink-up)?

Cheers,
Anya.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 4:00 am
Part of that group......

vickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant future

Hiya

We can make the 21st. Looking forward to meeting some fellow expats. Is that a definate date and time ??

Hope to see you all soon

Vixen and her cubs
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:32 am
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point

Would love to attend a meet when it is organised .
Anyone like to set a firm date ?

Steve
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:42 am
Bloody Nice Bloke

ianj is an unknown quantity at this point

21st is good for me.

Just got to find out where Mulgrave is now.

Anya.....check your email my dear. Lets get something sorted.
Old Aug 12th 2004, 9:49 am
Madwoman

katyjoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ianj
21st is good for me.

Just got to find out where Mulgrave is now.

Anya.....check your email my dear. Lets get something sorted.

Sorry guys won't be able to make this meet just to the unfortunate fact that i am on the other side of the world......still trying to sell my house!!!!!

Mulgrave is a lovely place Ianj, it's not hard to find. If you can find Chadstone shopping centre you can find Mulgrave.....Waverly Gardens Shopping centre is in Mulgrave and its of the SE freeway, mind you have all the names over there for the Freeways become Motorways now.....that's nothing to do with Poms over taking over there is it???? Lol

So my husband and I would love to get together with all you lot again once we get over there.....will keep you posted, it's loooking like October/November time.

Really we should all meet up once a month at different people's places so we can all keep in touch....its the best way to support one another in starting our new lives and i am sure my husband is gonna need it....

PS he can be the MEchanic for the group....lol

Kate
Old Aug 12th 2004, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

mandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the roughmandrew is a jewel in the rough

Hi Bordy,my names Andrew and need a room from mid Sept. around the S.Yarra area Ill be there 4 yrs on a work visa.Would like to meet/make friends and am a good hairstylist too.Ill be working at Toni and Guy and will be available for private work for any of you interested. Gis a shout at [email protected] if you hear anything please.Many thanks mate.
Old Aug 15th 2004, 10:51 pm
still searching

woody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nicewoody1974 is just really nice

Originally Posted by katyjoy
Hi Woody,

Just noticed you are from the west midlands, we are too. I was wondering where you were from and what are your plans for moving to OZ. We too are going to Melbourne, to the south eastern suburbs. Our house is up for sale and when that sells we will have a date to leave! We are currently in Staffordshire, where in the midlands are you?

Katyjoy
Hi there
we are in the south of birmingham near longbridge and we are looking at getting out to aus next year some time.
i've only sent my tra app off about 3 weeks ago so will be a bit behind you. we are also looking at melbourne or sydney, but this depends on the work front.
fogmeister has just been out so he may be able to point out the areas and how much property is ATB

andy
Old Aug 18th 2004, 12:37 am
Part of that group......

vickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant futurevickeyvixen has a brilliant future

Hiya

well we are still on the library internet !! so only ablr\e to check in every few days !! Can anyone confirm that there is a meet this weekend ? If so where and when ??

Vickeyvixen
Old Aug 18th 2004, 1:15 am
making your move easier

melbournehelp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vickeyvixen
Hiya

well we are still on the library internet !! so only ablr\e to check in every few days !! Can anyone confirm that there is a meet this weekend ? If so where and when ??

Vickeyvixen
Vickey, it looks like it might not be happening....problem is no one is taking charge.Perhaps a new thread with a date set in a few weeks time...?
Whoever turnd up turns up .If we met in one of the parks, say on a sunday afternoon, then I can bring my football !

Steve Bowes / Melbournehelpmelhelp
Old Aug 18th 2004, 4:56 am
yer twistin mi melons man

johanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nicejohanne is just really nice

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
Vickey, it looks like it might not be happening....problem is no one is taking charge.Perhaps a new thread with a date set in a few weeks time...?
Whoever turnd up turns up .If we met in one of the parks, say on a sunday afternoon, then I can bring my football !

Steve Bowes / Melbournehelpmelhelp

Im busy renovating a house at the minute but could make a possible meetup on Saturday 5th September if anyone is up for it !!!!
Dont know if you fancy the Village Green that Bordy mentioned, but its nice in there and the food is good to + the kids play area is a bonus for all the rugrats.. just a suggestion so keep the thread bumped up...
Johanne
Old Aug 18th 2004, 5:08 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melbournehelp
then I can bring my football !
Aussie rules at an expats meet , that could get interesting.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 6:01 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Looks like this weekend is a bad time for a few folk. I'd prefer a Saturday as me & Mrs Bordy have to start work on Sunday evenings.
As Johanne suggested how does 5th Sept sound for everyone.

Last edited by Bordy; Aug 18th 2004 at 6:46 am.
Old Aug 18th 2004, 8:11 am
Wanna be in Melbourne

YogiDeb is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Melbourne Meet?

Looks like this weekend is a bad time for a few folk. I'd prefer a Saturday as me & Mrs Bordy have to start work on Sunday evenings.
As Johanne suggested how does 5th Sept sound for everyone.
Thought you WERE Mrs Bordy - and my daughter certainly did!! Don't mean this to spoil your rep Bordy, I only mean from chatting on-line...You just seemed cuddly like the teddies somehow...

Hubby and I hope to come over Sept or Oct for our validation visit and then launch ourselves on Oz properly with the girls (10 and 7 ) in about June next year. We'd also LOVE to come to a meet if the date you arrange tips over to while we'll be there. You all sound slightly crackers...just like our mates here on a good night.

Debbie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.