Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Meet 10th Sept @ 12.00pm

View Poll Results: Are you able to attend on 10th Sept @ 12.00pm?
Yes, we can come
66.67%
No, we can't make it
33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Melbourne Meet 10th Sept @ 12.00pm

Old Aug 11th 2005, 8:39 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Meet 10th Sept @ 12.00pm

Originally Posted by haggis supper
Laura,

We couldn't find any suitable venues in the city.

We (me, wife and 2 young kids) will be travelling out from the CBD. We may have enough room to be able to give you a lift.

Cheers,
Colin

hi

Thanks Colin, that is very kind of you, but I live in Aspendale. I will see if Melibeam or boywhonder are going and maybe I can cage a lift off them, other wise Ill have to see you at the next one.....

laura
x
Old Aug 11th 2005, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
hi

Thanks Colin, that is very kind of you, but I live in Aspendale. I will see if Melibeam or boywhonder are going and maybe I can cage a lift off them, other wise Ill have to see you at the next one.....

laura
x
I believe Bhoywonder was going. Sorry we can't help this time but hopefully see you on the 10th.

Cheers,
Col
Old Aug 11th 2005, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

Bhoywonder is going. No probs on the lift front.

The missus.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

Bhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really niceBhoywonder is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bordy
I don't think the kids can get into the play area though Neil. Their not daft these business men that build these places

As for the 2pm thing Pread, I think we get kicked out around 2.45pm so they can get ready for the next sitting.

Ive had a pm or two from people with a few kids saying its a wee bit expensive for a few hours meet which I can understand.

But just as an alternate thought without trying to muddy the waters here as I know we are trying to settle on a location. If people are willing to drive out to the village green then why not try Cardinia park which is near Berwick which isn't to far away. We would have to take a chance with the weather although there is a huge pergola thing & a big kids play area.
The rangers provide free wood burning BBQs so if you want something to eat bring your own picnic or meat to BBQ.
Also bring a rubbish bag as you need to take your rubbish home, bins not provided.
The park is HUGE if kids want to run around with a football or cricket or frisbee etc & for those stragglers that stay to almost dusk you are almost certain to see the wild kangaroos as they come out to play in the park in the evening.

Now I'd rather people didn't start nominating other places again, you can decide between Village Green from 12 midday to 2.45pm at a cost of $15 per adult & about $8 per kid
or Cardinia which is free & bring your own food & alcohol & its from around 1pm until park closes which will probably be around 6pm.

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=88

Hi Bordy

I am with you on the park idea. I would prefer to spend some time outdoors weather permitting and with no restrictions. I understand where peaople are coming from regarding the cost as it mounts up for a family of 4 etc etc. We would have been looking to attend but not eat, not sure if that is possible.
The park allows everyone to suit themselves from a budget perspective.
Old Aug 11th 2005, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

haggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond reputehaggis supper has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think the kids can get into the play area though Neil. Their not daft these business men that build these places

As for the 2pm thing Pread, I think we get kicked out around 2.45pm so they can get ready for the next sitting.

Ive had a pm or two from people with a few kids saying its a wee bit expensive for a few hours meet which I can understand.

But just as an alternate thought without trying to muddy the waters here as I know we are trying to settle on a location. If people are willing to drive out to the village green then why not try Cardinia park which is near Berwick which isn't to far away. We would have to take a chance with the weather although there is a huge pergola thing & a big kids play area.
The rangers provide free wood burning BBQs so if you want something to eat bring your own picnic or meat to BBQ.
Also bring a rubbish bag as you need to take your rubbish home, bins not provided.
The park is HUGE if kids want to run around with a football or cricket or frisbee etc & for those stragglers that stay to almost dusk you are almost certain to see the wild kangaroos as they come out to play in the park in the evening.

Now I'd rather people didn't start nominating other places again, you can decide between Village Green from 12 midday to 2.45pm at a cost of $15 per adult & about $8 per kid
or Cardinia which is free & bring your own food & alcohol & its from around 1pm until park closes which will probably be around 6pm.

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=88
Bordy - first of all thanks for helping to sort this. We are flexible as to where we go etc so if the park is an easier/cheaper option then we'll come along. We'll have a people carrier by then so can offer lifts to possibly one family in the CBD.

Cheers,
Col
Old Aug 11th 2005, 4:58 pm
Hants to Mel Aug 05

Lindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to allLindsay Clan is a name known to all

What happens then in the event that the weather is awful and someone/or another group have use of the pergola? Wouldn't it be better to save the park until the summer when you know the weather will be better?

Lorraine
Old Aug 11th 2005, 10:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute

I like the idea of outdoors but think the weather is still going to be dodgy, and if it was raining - dont think many people would come. I dont mind going to Village Green but I realise it is expensive for a family, although any restaurant is expensive when there are kids involved. The Village Green at least has entertainment for the kids. I am up for a meet where ever but would not come to Cardinia if the weather was yuck.

Mel

PS Laura - we could give you a lift, but it would be a bit cramped with the three kids, so if you have a better offer you might be wise to take it!!!!
Old Aug 11th 2005, 10:57 pm

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
The Melbourne meet is on 10th Sept @ 12.00pm at the Village Green in Fern Tree Gully.

This has now been booked, thanks to Bordy and he has advised that it will be for about 20 people. Can everyone please reply to this and advise if they are coming or not and then the booking can be more accurate?

Hope this is ok for everyone and we look forward to meeting you all next month.

Lorraine
We'll be there
Old Aug 12th 2005, 1:55 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Ok..........

You won't get into Village Green without paying your $15 each so if you don't want to eat I'm afraid they won't let you in.

So how about I book the village Green for midday & we could also have a meet at Cardinia say from 2pm.
That way the ones that don't want to eat can go to the park & take a picnic or bbq etc.
Those that want to go to Village Green can & as I said we get chucked out at 2.45 at latest anyway so any that want to continue chatting can drive over to the park & meet others.

I don't mind going to the Village Green for lunch & driving over to Cardinia later.

Does this sound ok???
Old Aug 12th 2005, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Redrum is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok..........

You won't get into Village Green without paying your $15 each so if you don't want to eat I'm afraid they won't let you in.

So how about I book the village Green for midday & we could also have a meet at Cardinia say from 2pm.
That way the ones that don't want to eat can go to the park & take a picnic or bbq etc.
Those that want to go to Village Green can & as I said we get chucked out at 2.45 at latest anyway so any that want to continue chatting can drive over to the park & meet others.

I don't mind going to the Village Green for lunch & driving over to Cardinia later.

Does this sound ok???
Is there room for two more? I don't mind either venue
Old Aug 12th 2005, 5:17 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Redrum
Is there room for two more? I don't mind either venue
Your welcome to come to the Village Green & as Cardinia Dam is just round the corner from you I'm sure you can make that to.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:05 am
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

oh this all sounds very complex now, to eat or not to eat/inside/outside????

Thank you for your offer of a lift boywhonders misses, i will arrange with you nearer then time as hopefully we will get to meet upo before then.....

I havent a clue where this meet is, or if I wanna be in doors or outdoors, so I guess I'll just do what boywhonder's clan are doing........

JC is away, so will I be the only singleton there, or is anyone else going alone

laura
x
Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:21 am
The Godfather

You can't plaese all the people all the time Laura but I'm trying my best.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:29 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

We will definitely come this time. All settled and have a car. We are two possibly three but can give a lift to others if needs be. We are in Mentone. Let me know.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 7:32 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
We will definitely come this time. All settled and have a car. We are two possibly three but can give a lift to others if needs be. We are in Mentone. Let me know.
Good morning Vanessa, how the devil are you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.