British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Melbourne Meet 10th Sept @ 12.00pm (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/melbourne-meet-10th-sept-%40-12-00pm-319198/)

Lindsay Clan Aug 10th 2005 2:32 pm

Melbourne Meet 10th Sept @ 12.00pm

The Melbourne meet is on 10th Sept @ 12.00pm at the Village Green in Fern Tree Gully.

This has now been booked, thanks to Bordy and he has advised that it will be for about 20 people. Can everyone please reply to this and advise if they are coming or not and then the booking can be more accurate?

Hope this is ok for everyone and we look forward to meeting you all next month.

Lorraine

coxfamuk Aug 10th 2005 2:38 pm

Re: Melbourne Meet 10th Sept @ 12.00pm

We would give anything to be there, but unfortunately won't be there until (hopefully, but looking less likely) January 2006. How are things going, by the way. Will be thinking of you.

Sarah & Dave

Bordy Aug 10th 2005 3:24 pm

I'll come.

Its not actually in Ferntree Gully, its about 20 mins drive away just in case anyone thinks I want it here so I can stroll down the road & have a few pints. ;)

Lindsay Clan Aug 10th 2005 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by Bordy
I'll come.

Its not actually in Ferntree Gully, its about 20 mins drive away just in case anyone thinks I want it here so I can stroll down the road & have a few pints. ;)

Bordy

You haven't voted, come on get your mind on the thread and not on the beer!!!!

Lorraine

Bordy Aug 10th 2005 3:31 pm

http://www.thevillagegreen.com.au/About

Ok sorry, voting now.

haggis supper Aug 10th 2005 3:42 pm

Yap, we'll be there. Me, Kim and the 2 wee ones. I need a beer right now.

wongstonn Aug 10th 2005 9:15 pm

Yup, me +2

And Bill, we will, of course, be debating by what margin the Saints are gonna win the Grand Final.

Neil

wongstonn Aug 10th 2005 9:17 pm

Oh, since there are so may rooms at Village green, is it possible to go to one of them where you do not have to buy food unlike last time?

Neil

melibeam Aug 11th 2005 4:29 am

We will be there - 2 adults and three brats (14, 12 and 6)

Mel

pread Aug 11th 2005 4:49 am

Of course, it does clash with week 2 of the footy finals. You might find that all the blokes mysteriously disappear around 2pm...

Cheers, Paul.

baconmaster Aug 11th 2005 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
The Melbourne meet is on 10th Sept @ 12.00pm at the Village Green in Fern Tree Gully.

This has now been booked, thanks to Bordy and he has advised that it will be for about 20 people. Can everyone please reply to this and advise if they are coming or not and then the booking can be more accurate?

Hope this is ok for everyone and we look forward to meeting you all next month.

Lorraine

Me and the Mrs the will be there, hopefully the jet lag won't get the better of us as it has done on previous trips but we'll do our best

Bordy Aug 11th 2005 5:50 am

Originally Posted by wongstonn
Oh, since there are so may rooms at Village green, is it possible to go to one of them where you do not have to buy food unlike last time?

Neil

I don't think the kids can get into the play area though Neil. Their not daft these business men that build these places :D

As for the 2pm thing Pread, I think we get kicked out around 2.45pm so they can get ready for the next sitting.

Ive had a pm or two from people with a few kids saying its a wee bit expensive for a few hours meet which I can understand.

But just as an alternate thought without trying to muddy the waters here as I know we are trying to settle on a location. If people are willing to drive out to the village green then why not try Cardinia park which is near Berwick which isn't to far away. We would have to take a chance with the weather although there is a huge pergola thing & a big kids play area.
The rangers provide free wood burning BBQs so if you want something to eat bring your own picnic or meat to BBQ.
Also bring a rubbish bag as you need to take your rubbish home, bins not provided.
The park is HUGE if kids want to run around with a football or cricket or frisbee etc & for those stragglers that stay to almost dusk you are almost certain to see the wild kangaroos as they come out to play in the park in the evening.

Now I'd rather people didn't start nominating other places again, you can decide between Village Green from 12 midday to 2.45pm at a cost of $15 per adult & about $8 per kid
or Cardinia which is free & bring your own food & alcohol & its from around 1pm until park closes which will probably be around 6pm.

http://www.parkweb.vic.gov.au/1park_display.cfm?park=88

ozzieeagle Aug 11th 2005 6:01 am

I may well wander by, circa 1.15 ish, as long as the wife is A: not working, B: willing to drive me home C: at least one of the Kids is on a sleepover, 'cos I'll be spending the whole day tanked from that point on. Err canterbury road innit ??

So informally yes, but please dont book me in.

Wanders off muttering about a 45 minuite drive .......

lauralollipop Aug 11th 2005 8:16 am

HI

I was really looking forward to the meet, I thought it was in the city, has it changed venues???? If so I wont be able to make it as will be on my own and cant get to FTG, but could catch train into city if it was there :mad:

laura

haggis supper Aug 11th 2005 8:28 am

Originally Posted by lauralollipop
HI

I was really looking forward to the meet, I thought it was in the city, has it changed venues???? If so I wont be able to make it as will be on my own and cant get to FTG, but could catch train into city if it was there :mad:

laura

Laura,

We couldn't find any suitable venues in the city.

We (me, wife and 2 young kids) will be travelling out from the CBD. We may have enough room to be able to give you a lift.

Cheers,
Colin