Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Meet 10th Sept @ 12.00pm

View Poll Results: Are you able to attend on 10th Sept @ 12.00pm?
Yes, we can come
66.67%
No, we can't make it
33.33%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Melbourne Meet 10th Sept @ 12.00pm

Old Aug 12th 2005, 9:43 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne Meet 10th Sept @ 12.00pm

This all sounds a bit mental, or is it just me??

We might pop down the road to the dam for a bit. At dusk the roos come out which is quite cute
Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:24 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs
This all sounds a bit mental, or is it just me??

We might pop down the road to the dam for a bit. At dusk the roos come out which is quite cute
Then after dusk Hevs turns into a Vampire.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:31 am
Retired *********

pread is an unknown quantity at this point

We're up for the Village Green, and maybe Cardinia Park afterwards if the weather holds, and we haven't throttled the kids by then. 'We' is myself, the missus, and the kids aged 7 & 4.

Cheers, Paul.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Jaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura aboutJaykay has a spectacular aura about

Can't make the Village Green as I've got another appointment in the morning, but I'll be in the area so can make Cardinia Dam.

It'll be good to catch up with everyone.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 2:38 pm
Just Joined

clairey is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

I haven't posted on here much but have been following the threads about the meet.We've just booked our flights for the 1st September so we'll be there! There's me,hubby and 2 kids aged 3 and 8.
We haven't even booked a hotel yet or got car hire sorted.Is it possible to get a train from the CBD to reasonably close to the Village green?

Claire
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

We'll hopefully see you all there with our two angels. Please let it be warm that day!
Old Aug 12th 2005, 3:43 pm
Forum Regular

Ninijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the rough

Hi All,

I don't know, I don't check British Expats for a few days and the meet is now scheduled as far away from the CBD as possible - that will teach me for not checking in every available opportunity! (I am smiling while I type this so no mean comments back to me!). I understand the reasons why and of course am grateful to those who organised it. However just for the record it seems to me that as there are at least 5 newby couples coming that are all stationed in the CBD, who don't know their way around, will be jet lagged to the hilt, some even car-less, and with no knowledge of Melbourne what so ever, so might not actually make it there but end up lost and half way to Tassy instead!

Saying all this Jon and I will be there with bells on! We are really looking forward to meeting you all and of course are so excited about coming to Mel, so we will be at the Village Green thing and the park, unless we have fallen asleep by this point.

See you all soon
Cheers
Janine
xx
Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bordy
I'll come.

Its not actually in Ferntree Gully, its about 20 mins drive away just in case anyone thinks I want it here so I can stroll down the road & have a few pints.
Hadn't noticed this earlier email. Where is it if it isn't in Ferntree Gully? Do you have a melway reference?
Old Aug 12th 2005, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Bordy]http://www.thevillagegreen.com.au/About

Sorry Bordy - please ignore last message, I can find it now.
Old Aug 12th 2005, 11:21 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ninijon
. However just for the record it seems to me that as there are at least 5 newby couples coming that are all stationed in the CBD, who don't know their way around, will be jet lagged to the hilt, some even car-less, and with no knowledge of Melbourne what so ever, so might not actually make it there but end up lost and half way to Tassy instead!

xx
When you get here organise a newbies CBD meet then, then you will be able to meet with lots of people
Old Aug 12th 2005, 11:28 pm
surfer chic from Teesside

lauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond reputelauralollipop has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone,

there appear to be 2 meets now this same weekend, I am now trying to decide which one to go to, is there anyway we can combine the 2 and make one big one, or do I have to make a choice.....Im crap at making desions

I would hate to miss out on meeting everyone

Laura
x
Old Aug 13th 2005, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Ninijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the roughNinijon is a jewel in the rough

Hi Hev's,

Your completely right, and thus I think the reason for the drinks on Sunday night in Southbank. However the great thing about these meets (me thinks)is for us newbys to meet all the older members (by this I mean time, not age lol) to learn from and to be able to ask questions, also just because we are all new doesn't mean that is who we will end up becoming bosom buddies with. I'm not trying to be difficult I was just having my two pennith worth and as said before we will attending Saturdays Village Green, then the park and then the drinks on Sunday night.

I think I saw from an earlier thread you wont be able to make it this time (I think that is what I read), but hopefully we will meet at the next.
Cheers
Janine
x
Old Aug 16th 2005, 12:10 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Ninijon
Hi Hev's,
However the great thing about these meets (me thinks)is for us newbys to meet all the older members
x

Wait till you meet Bordy:d (oh god I'm so dead!!!)

We might pop along to the dam, weather permitting. September is very unpredictable weather wise!

Re the CBD for a meet, its a big place and has many "centers" so whilst South bank may be good for some it could be a long way for others. Also speaking as a parent with 2 children (one who's manic!) the CBD would be a nightmare for me to bring them to as its not massively family orientated. However great for people without kids, so maybe the young free and singles could arrange their own meet there

I didn't think that you were being difficult Its just that Melbourne is a huge place and so not everywhere is suitable for everyone, and you can't please all the people all the time
Old Aug 16th 2005, 5:53 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hevs

Wait till you meet Bordy:d (oh god I'm so dead!!!)
With friends like that who needs enemies.

Ninijon has already met me & is coming back for more so nanananana.
Old Aug 16th 2005, 5:59 am
High in the Dandenongs

Originally Posted by Bordy
With friends like that who needs enemies.

Ninijon has already met me & is coming back for more so nanananana.
You know i loves ya really

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.