Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Melbourne Maps for those in UK

Melbourne Maps for those in UK

Old Feb 16th 2008, 12:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Melbourne Maps for those in UK

I had a thought.

When I was in the UK I used to go on realestate.com.au and look at houses and think where the bloody hell is that area.

When you get here you will appreciate the size of Melbourne and wonder where the bloody hell is that when somebody tells you where they live.

I have attached two pdf maps I came across.

Melbourne_map.pdf covers the suburbs.

MelEnv.pdf covers the sticks like Geelong and the Peninsula.

Because they are pdf you can use the search in Adobe to highlight an area. Cntrl+G takes you to the next instance of that search.

When you arrive the suburbs one is worth printing out and taking with you. If somebody mentions a suburb whip out your map and ask them to show you where it is.

You can get public transport maps from here http://www.metlinkmelbourne.com.au/maps_stations_stops

I re-discovered them on my PC using Copernic Desktop Search. It indexes all your documents, even looks inside pdf files. It's free!!http://www.copernic.com/en/products/desktop-search/

Ian
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Melbourne_map.pdf (44.0 KB, 599 views)
File Type: pdf
MelEnv.pdf (259.4 KB, 158 views)
Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:00 am

@boy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Melbourne Maps for those in UK

Originally Posted by ebo1608
When I was in the UK I used to go on realestate.com.au and look at houses and think where the bloody hell is that area.

When you get here you will appreciate the size of Melbourne and wonder where the bloody hell is that when somebody tells you where they live.
I'll add to that very good idea....

http://maps.google.com.au/
Use the 'directions' tab.
Pop in your start/end address and you will instantly understand the location, distance and driving times involved
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Mairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of lightMairead is a glorious beacon of light

Excellent post guys. Thanks for that. Will save for later.

Mairead
Old Mar 29th 2008, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

jorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the roughjorose is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Mairead
Excellent post guys. Thanks for that. Will save for later.

Mairead

I second that. Just found this post and found it really useful.

Jo