Melbourne job sponsorship

Melbourne job sponsorship

Old Mar 21st 2017, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Rodge84 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Melbourne job sponsorship

Hello,

I am new to this site.....

We are researching the possibility of moving to Melbourne in a year or so, my husband and I are accountants. I just wondered if anyone has any experience of obtaining sponsorship from a company prior to leaving the U.K.? And if so, what is the best way to go about it? Any tips would be fab!

We are currently exploring options between going straight for permanent residency or going down the job sponsorship route first.

Also we have 2 young children (1 and 2.5yrs) what are the best areas for childcare/kindy?

Many thanks
Carolyn
Old Mar 21st 2017, 1:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Melbourne job sponsorship

I think you'll find that accountants are not on the shortage lists so you'll struggle to find any company to sponsor you for a visa. Some of our experts on Oz immigration will be along in due course with up to date info.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

forgot to say if you search for "accountants in OZ" in the search button at the top of the page, you'll get some info to be going on with.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 2:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
I think you'll find that accountants are not on the shortage lists so you'll struggle to find any company to sponsor you for a visa. Some of our experts on Oz immigration will be along in due course with up to date info.
Accountants are still on the skills shortage lists for Australia, despite constant rumours that they may be removed. In order to get sponsorship the skill must be on the list - no company can sponsor someone whose skill is not on the list.

However sponsorship is unlikely due to the number of accountants here already looking for jobs.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute

The first thing to understand is that sponsored visas are usually only temporary - 457 visas - and come with a big bunch of issues.

These include:
No automatic path to residence - you would have to assume you would be returning at the end of the visa which is between 1 day and 4 years.
No access to state funds for things such as child care
Healthcare limited to reciprocal agreement
Visa is tied to the employer, so if you were to lose your job for any reason, you would have 60 days to find another, or all leave the country.

There are a number of others.

Getting sponsorship would also not be easy as Australia has an over supply of accountants. On the flip side, to get an invite for accounting occupations, applicants need to have at least 70 points and preferably 75. But, with both of you qualified, that could be doable
Old Mar 21st 2017, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

Rodge84 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for the advice, it sounds as though getting an accounts role which is sponsored will be hard!

If we went down the PR route, came to Australia and couldn't find work as accountants could we apply for other roles?
Old Mar 21st 2017, 2:49 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rodge84
Thank you for the advice, it sounds as though getting an accounts role which is sponsored will be hard!

If we went down the PR route, came to Australia and couldn't find work as accountants could we apply for other roles?
Yes.
Have a look at the 189, which is skilled independent permanent residency. If you can qualify for the 189 then you are completely free to work where you like, at whatever job you like, once you get here. By far the best visa if you can qualify for it.
Old Mar 21st 2017, 3:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

xizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond reputexizzles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rodge84

Hi there, Carolyn. First off, good luck to you and yours on taking the first steps on what could be an extremely knickers-twisting but ultimately incredibly fulfilling journey that is the visa application process.

Secondly, I came over on a Skilled Independent Subclass 189 visa (as Pollyana rightly said, by far the best type of visa one could possess). OK, so I'm not exactly over Down Under just yet, but I digress. Anyway, I have no intention whatsoever to work in the field/skill set/profession which qualified me for the 189 in the first place. And it doesn't matter - the 189 is a permanent visa, and it allows you to choose whether you wish to work as an accountant, or as an ice-cream vendor, or a party clown. Best deal ever.

Having said that, of course, should you choose to work in another professional field (eg as a teacher), you'll have to be certified and qualify for that purpose. One thing you'll quickly learn about Australia - you'll need a qualification and certification to do nearly anything: from being a hairstylist to changing a electrical plug.

Good luck once again with your application!